Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hi,

moOde 8.1.1 bug fix release is available for download and in-place update. Visit the Forum for more information. https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=4911&pid=41450#pid41450

moode-r800.png

Multi-channel solutions for the Pi in general are mostly limited to using the HDMI output or a multi-channel USB devices. Using multiple output devices at the same time, will be far from optimal because it will result in unsynchronized playback.

Use multi-channel with muti-channel devices isn't that hard with moOde and only concerns changing the CamilladDSP configuration.
See for example the article moOde + CamillaDSP + multichannel output.

The question is an excellent one, why can’t moode address and sync the analog out and usb so the analog out could be used as a sub/LF channel? It seems like many custom pi OSs have difficulty addressing all the hardware on the pi, I do understand the sync is probably the issue but is it impossible?

Tim, would it be feasible to use a waveshare DSI screen? I have an 11.9” 320x1480 DSI touchscreen. It works with the regular desktop OS, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to set it up for moode if even do-able
With the latest release 8.1.1 having kernel 5.15.32, I was able to install the drivers successfully. The screen default boots in portrait mode 320 wide by 1480 high but can be overridden to landscape by adding relevant parameters in /boot/cmdline.txt. Sadly, Moode still renders in portrait. I can get it to render in landscape by using xrandr rotate, but rather than switching from 320 wide by 1480 high, I end up with 320 wide by 320 high. Mouse and touch all work correctly.

Hello,

I a moodeaudio running on a Rpi 3 rev B using Rpi 7" official touch Screen, local UI enabled and a USB Dac
Since the update to 8.1.0 (and 8.1.1), the Rpi was freezing each 2 or 3 hours (nothing is responding even ssh access is very very slow).

In the log I could see that there was the same behavior as described in that issue: https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/2810

After several try, i found a solution by enabling the swapfile:

# sudo dphys-swapfile swapoff

As root, edit the file /etc/dphys-swapfile and modify the variable CONF_SWAPSIZE to 1024:

CONF_SWAPSIZE=1024

# sudo dphys-swapfile setup
# sudo dphys-swapfile swapon
# systemctl enable dphys-swapfile.service
# systemctl start dphys-swapfile.service

It seems that the 1Gb of memory of the Rpi 3 is not enough when localUI is used since 8.1. I did not faced that issue before

I hop it will help people in the same case

Max

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, I installed the new 8.1.1 Moode Version but something is strange : in "Audio Config" part, in "MPD Options" section, it says : "MPD settings are configured via the EDIT button. They include Audio output, Volume type, SoX resampling and others." But when I click "Edit" in "MPD Settings" it is no "Audio output" section, only : DSD support, SoX Resampling, Gain and Normalization, Resource allocation and Other options but no "Audio output"...
In Audio Config there is the first section named "Output device". Maybe it's the right place ???
Anyway there is only "Pi HDMI1" and "Pi Headphone Jack" available, cant find "USB" as I used in previous Moode version...How to fix it ?
Thanx

In Audio Config there is the first section named "Output device". Maybe it's the right place ???
It is the right place.

Anyway there is only "Pi HDMI1" and "Pi Headphone Jack" available, cant find "USB" as I used in previous Moode version...How to fix it ?
If you don't see your USB DAC, make sure it is ON (if not bus powered), and if it is ON, then unplug/replug the USB cable to reinitiate the USB handshake.

Hi, I installed the new 8.1.1 Moode Version but something is strange : in "Audio Config" part, in "MPD Options" section, it says : "MPD settings are configured via the EDIT button. They include Audio output, Volume type, SoX resampling and others." But when I click "Edit" in "MPD Settings" it is no "Audio output" section, only : DSD support, SoX Resampling, Gain and Normalization, Resource allocation and Other options but no "Audio output"...
Thanx
I'll update the help.

hi, i got some trouble with google chrome and new moode 8.1.0;
everything is ok with Firefox Mozilla and Edge, but screen black with chrome. (see pics)
thanx for your job, i'm an old fan of moOde ;)

my config
my screen with chrome
Hi spoke,

I just get into same trouble as you after I update my Moode to version 8.1.0 using the update function in Moode. I am not able to see my library anymore using Chrome (only left menu on right and buttons on bottom). May I know if you have fixed yours?

I have done below steps which doesn't help at all.
1) Clear CACHE in Chrome
2) Perform another minor update using update function in Moode and now it shows <Software is up to date>.

It seems to be a bug at player page but I am not sure if it is only us that face the problem.

Regards,
Liew