Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hello,
I've made some changes in /etc/mpd.conf but it's get overwritten by default after reboot. How to make changes permanent?
Also, installed rclone mapped gdrive. I can see gdrive mounted on folder but how can moode see it trough NAS or SDCARD mounts?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi,

moOde 8.0.1 is available for download and in-place update. Visit the Forum for more information. https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=4791&pid=40341#pid40341

View attachment 1036270

-Tim
Hi Tim,
great that the moode 8 is out and just try it out in my Pi4 1.1 version.

all is very good except that i found the display function does not show up to my 10inch monitor connecting with a HDMI plug. when i play music .

i had the screen showing during playing music as below picture but now, with the new version of moode 8, it just a black screen and nothing show.
but when i reboot or power on the pi4, the monitor still shows all the scripts and programes reading .
i am not sure if it is relate to the ratio or anything else. my hdmi input monitor is 1280x800

please advice how to fix it.

thanks.

Attachments

• wx_camera_1650025599608.jpg
    wx_camera_1650025599608.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 193
Hi Tim. Thanks for your work on such an awesome piece of software!

I've been trying to get an invite to the Moode forum, but so far... However, I might as well get into my success and issue here as some users might find this useful/interesting:

I've made a USB Consumer Control Device using a Raspberry Pi Pico and CircuitPython that includes buttons for various purposes (right now set up for KEY_NEXTSONG, KEY_PREVIOUSSONG, KEY_PLAYPAUSE, KEY_CDSTOP, and KEY_MUTE), a rotary encoder for volume control (KEY_VOLUMEUP, KEY_VOLUMEDOWN), and an IR receiver that can do all of the above. It's very easy to change the functionality to anything you want, though. The device is tested on Windows and works on Moode 8.0.0 (no other versions tested).

One slight thing... It doesn't work when Moode reboots. I have to unplug/replug the usb device and sudo systemctl restart triggerhappy manually. My troubleshooting looks something like this:

1. Reboot/powerup with device plugged in. thd --dump /dev/input/event* gives me nothing. Obviously the controls don't work either. A triggerhappy restart does nothing.

2. Reboot/powerup with device plugged in. Unplug/replug the USB device. A thd dump gives me the expected codes but the controls still don't work, that requires a restart of triggerhappy.

3. Reboot/powerup with device not plugged in. Plug in device after full boot. A thd dump gives me the expected codes but the controls don't work. Restarting triggerhappy fixes it.

Thinking about it just now maybe I'm booting too fast (?!) My setup looks like this:

RPi 4B 8GB
USB 3.0 to mSATA 32GB (boots fast! I have a 512GB on the way. Upgrade soon.)
5" MIPI/DSI local display
RPi Pico USB Consumer Control Device
Amp hat based on MA12070P (not the official Infineon hat, in fact I have very little info on it. Picked it up on Taobao)
24V 5A power brick (powers the whole system through the amp hat)

Thanks,
Nathan

PS -- if you're interested in the Pico software, let me know. Just doing a quick cleanup/comment session of it now.

Reactions: 1 user
Menu, Configure, System

Scroll down and turn on Local UI display
thank you . it works

but i have another question, why i have another moode 6.4--or 7.01 version of the moode and can not use the same method to display on the HDMI monitor? not the DSI connect.

will there be any reason that the moode file lack of the driver or scrips?
how can i try to add this if i am not sure if it is lack of the scrips to run for dhmi display?
thanks

Hi Tim. Thanks for your work on such an awesome piece of software!

I've been trying to get an invite to the Moode forum, but so far... However, I might as well get into my success and issue here as some users might find this useful/interesting:

I've made a USB Consumer Control Device using a Raspberry Pi Pico and CircuitPython that includes buttons for various purposes (right now set up for KEY_NEXTSONG, KEY_PREVIOUSSONG, KEY_PLAYPAUSE, KEY_CDSTOP, and KEY_MUTE), a rotary encoder for volume control (KEY_VOLUMEUP, KEY_VOLUMEDOWN), and an IR receiver that can do all of the above. It's very easy to change the functionality to anything you want, though. The device is tested on Windows and works on Moode 8.0.0 (no other versions tested).

One slight thing... It doesn't work when Moode reboots. I have to unplug/replug the usb device and sudo systemctl restart triggerhappy manually. My troubleshooting looks something like this:

1. Reboot/powerup with device plugged in. thd --dump /dev/input/event* gives me nothing. Obviously the controls don't work either. A triggerhappy restart does nothing.

2. Reboot/powerup with device plugged in. Unplug/replug the USB device. A thd dump gives me the expected codes but the controls still don't work, that requires a restart of triggerhappy.

3. Reboot/powerup with device not plugged in. Plug in device after full boot. A thd dump gives me the expected codes but the controls don't work. Restarting triggerhappy fixes it.

Thinking about it just now maybe I'm booting too fast (?!) My setup looks like this:

RPi 4B 8GB
USB 3.0 to mSATA 32GB (boots fast! I have a 512GB on the way. Upgrade soon.)
5" MIPI/DSI local display
RPi Pico USB Consumer Control Device
Amp hat based on MA12070P (not the official Infineon hat, in fact I have very little info on it. Picked it up on Taobao)
24V 5A power brick (powers the whole system through the amp hat)

Thanks,
Nathan

PS -- if you're interested in the Pico software, let me know. Just doing a quick cleanup/comment session of it now.
To request a Forum account send in a "Contact us" form with your desired userid and I'll create an account for you.
https://moodeaudio.org/forum/contact.php

-Tim

Intergrating https://gitlab.com/kode54/foo_hdcd/-/commits/main with Mood Audio Player

Hi Tim, my complements on Moode; after having used UpMPD I consider Moode a textbook implementation in a really convenient, super useable wrapper. It does everything I could hope for and more; my thanks for this software.

I was wondering if there is anyway to instantiate and interrogate the ffmpeg HDCD Filter, and put the sofware indicators in the Moode GUI pipeline. I use this to feed software upsampled HDCD discs when I'm using R2R DACS via FooBar2000 and I don't have a PMD-100/200 handy.

Thanks in advance for any guidance/pointers; this would make Mood my one-stop, completist transport for digital audio and all purpose "Digital Filter" for mastering DACs.

With Regards

ps. can send a ffdshow-type filter graph that accomplishes this using sofware already baked into Moode...

thank you . it works

but i have another question, why i have another moode 6.4--or 7.01 version of the moode and can not use the same method to display on the HDMI monitor? not the DSI connect.

will there be any reason that the moode file lack of the driver or scrips?
how can i try to add this if i am not sure if it is lack of the scrips to run for dhmi display? do i have a way to add the hdmi disply driver using ssh?
@TimCurtis Hi tim, sorry to bother but this is not easy for me to solve.
thanks

Hey all. I used HeeBoo's script to install 4.0 Beta 12. So far so good - going to moode.local works, I can stream music, SSH, etc.

The issue I'm having right now is with the display and getting Local UI to work. When the Pi boots up, it displays the usual startup stuff, says the Authorization Manager is enabled, and then the display output basically turns off. The display options in /boot/config.txt are correct, especially since I get that initial startup load screen.

localui.service is running:

$ systemctl status localui.service
● localui.service - Start Chromium Browser
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/localui.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Sat 2018-01-27 16:44:23 EST; 13min ago
Main PID: 468 (xinit)
CGroup: /system.slice/localui.service
├─468 /usr/bin/xinit
└─469 /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg :0

Any ideas why the display turns off?
hi Gchucky, i have the same issue as you and just can not display using HDMI display monitor.

@gchudek did you solve this?
@TimCurtis can you help? i think i ask the same question in last reply in the same page of this link.