Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Here is a screenshot from the network config. Shows my SSID =Orbi55. When I tried the wifi install this is what I used. Maybe there is something with my particular wifi network.

Hell I am just glad guys like you are around as this is much more than a non techy can figure out... I do thanks you and Koda59.

Tim from California

And in your PSK (don’t post it :D), any special char ?

Here is a screenshot from the network config. Shows my SSID =Orbi55. When I tried the wifi install this is what I used. Maybe there is something with my particular wifi network.
Hi Tim,
I noticed the screen grab shows a different casing (is that the correct word?) for the SSID, compared to your written reply.
SSID's are case sensitive, therefore, Orbi55 is not the same as ORBI55.
Could this be the cause in uour case?

Hi Tim,
I noticed the screen grab shows a different casing (is that the correct word?) for the SSID, compared to your written reply.
SSID's are case sensitive, therefore, Orbi55 is not the same as ORBI55.
Could this be the cause in uour case?

I think you have a point. But I am not sure at this point if I did use ORBI55 or Orbi55. Over the weekend I will give this another try. Thank you for pointing the issue. I will post my findings soon.

Last edited:
@bnosereg

Hi,all

I've tried to install moode4 on pi64 system(github.com/bamarni/pi64),

Why?

but I can't really confirm any option of the config pages. Maybe,another libs or componets need to be installed?

Regards

One doesn't install moOde; one builds it. The moOde project is and always has been based on the Raspberry Pi Foundation-provided raspbian distribution (now raspbian stretch) which is a 32-bit OS. You will find no option for selecting pi64 or any other OS in the build process.

Porting moOde to pi64 (which runs only on the RPi3B) is something you'll have to figure out for yourself. As a start, look through the script mosbuild-worker.sh to review all the binary packages loaded during the build process. I have no idea how many of these have been recompiled for pi64. Even if you succeed in building the stuff above the kernel layer, you face the problem that the proprietary drivers provided by DAC vendors to the raspbian effort are 32-bit so you'll have to prevail on the vendors to support them in 64-bit versions.

In some cases, a port of moOde may well turn out to be relatively trivial, like the early reported success in building it on a OrangePi running armbian xenial by @didiet78 (Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi).

In some cases, the port is an ongoing effort, like the experimental building of moOde on DietPi (for a progress report, follow the comments on DietPi-Software | moOde * Issue #1223 * Fourdee/DietPi * GitHub).

Hard to say where a port to pi64 falls on the degree-of-difficulty scale but I would not be willing to try. I'd rather just enjoy the music I'm hearing from my 32-bit moOde Players.

Regards,
Kent

PS - but of course, if you succeed in porting to pi64 and hearing music (perhaps through a vanilla-flavored USB-DAC) then be sure to share with us what you did :)

Last edited:
So - done!
But not working...
The screen is on, but its stops here:

Started music player daemon.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

[IMG=http://www.image-share.com/upload/3653/167m.jpg]

(but from PC is working...)

All of the cores are running on 100% (but ist "on demand")

Should i type this 2 command?:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

(because of display istall)

Raspberry Pi 7" touch screen assembly guide – The Pi Hut

Hi,
Can you send the result of this command please :

Code:
cat ~/mosbuild.log | grep 'COMPONENT\|STEP\| Compile \| END\| Error'

Have you set to enable the screen in the settings of moOde Audio ?
(Configuration -> System -> Local Display -> Local UI Display & Touchscreen)

Else you can test ctrl + alt + F7 with a keyboard plugged to the RPi (that's the shortcut for the first X screen... to come back to the first TTY ctrl + alt + F1

I cross my fingers...

Hi HeeBoo!

Yes, of course I enable both! :)

pi@moode:~ $ cat ~/mosbuild.log | grep 'COMPONENT\|STEP\| Compile \| END\| Error'
// STEP 2 - Expand the root partition to 3GB
// STEP 3A - Install core packages
// STEP 3B - Install core packages
// STEP 4 - Install enhanced networking
** Compile bluez-alsa
// STEP 5 - Install Rotary encoder driver
** Compile WiringPi
** Compile rotary encoder driver
// STEP 6 - Compile and install MPD
// STEP 7 - Create moOde runtime environment
// STEP 8 - Install moOde sources and configs
// STEP 9 - Alsaequal
// STEP 10 - Optionally squash /var/www
// STEP 11 - Optionally, install latest Linux Kernel
// STEP 12 - Launch and configure moOde!
// STEP 13 - Final prep for image
// COMPONENT 1 - MiniDLNA
// COMPONENT 2 - Auto-shuffle
// COMPONENT 3 - MPD Audio Scrobbler
// COMPONENT 4 - Shairport-sync
// COMPONENT 5 - Squeezelite
// COMPONENT 6 - Upmpdcli
** Compile Libupnp jfd5
** Compile Libupnpp
** Compile Libupnp jfd5
** Compile Libupnpp
** Compile Libupnp jfd5
** Compile Libupnpp
** Compile Upmpdcli
** Compile Upexplorer
** Compile Libupnp jfd5
pi@moode:~ $ ^C

Hi HeeBoo!

Yes, of course I enable both! :)

pi@moode:~ $ cat ~/mosbuild.log | grep 'COMPONENT\|STEP\| Compile \| END\| Error'
** Compile Libupnp jfd5
** Compile Libupnpp
** Compile Libupnp jfd5
** Compile Libupnpp
** Compile Libupnp jfd5
** Compile Libupnpp
** Compile Upmpdcli
** Compile Upexplorer
** Compile Libupnp jfd5
pi@moode:~ $ ^C

Ouch... this is not good at all ! A loop in the installation process but why ?
the installation process is already active... and maybe the installation will never finish !
Code:
** Compile Libupnp jfd5
** Compile Libupnpp
** Compile Upmpdcli
** Compile Upexplorer
// COMPONENT 7 - Optionally install gmusicapi
// COMPONENT 8 - Local UI display
// COMPONENT 9 - Allo Piano 2.1 Firmware
// END

You must see //END for the end of the installation process !

I don't know how to resolve this so my advice is not really nice :
remove all cards and device plug on to the raspberry (keep the screen !) & restart the process to the 1 Step, maybe use my script for update directly a raspbian can help to avoid some SDCard failure.

I hope theses advice can help.
Good luck !

Last edited:
I am new to the forum and new to moodeaudio. I was able to successfully install beta 12 on my Raspberry Pi 3 with allo BOSS i2s DAC, but like Gouthama, I get no sound. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rantinray[/QUOTE

I could not find the root cause of my problem but, able resolve it after completely rebuilding the image from scratch. What is the source of your music tracks.?
Did you select i2s as output?
Regards
Goutham

Goutham,

Thanks for the response. I loaded volumio to see if the HW worked and it came right up. It was so easy I just listened for a couple of days. After reading several places that moodeaudio had better sound (and having some time), I decided to go back and give moodeaudio a try. Before starting the whole build process again I figured I would just plug the saved uSD card in and give it a try. Voila, it just came up and worked. It may be me just wanting it to be so, but I think the sound is better. I really like the equalizer option as well.

Kudus to Tim and everyone who has worked on this project. Donation coming your way.

Thanks.
-Ray

@bnosereg

Why?

One doesn't install moOde; one builds it. The moOde project is and always has been based on the Raspberry Pi Foundation-provided raspbian distribution (now raspbian stretch) which is a 32-bit OS. You will find no option for selecting pi64 or any other OS in the build process.

Porting moOde to pi64 (which runs only on the RPi3B) is something you'll have to figure out for yourself. As a start, look through the script mosbuild-worker.sh to review all the binary packages loaded during the build process. I have no idea how many of these have been recompiled for pi64. Even if you succeed in building the stuff above the kernel layer, you face the problem that the proprietary drivers provided by DAC vendors to the raspbian effort are 32-bit so you'll have to prevail on the vendors to support them in 64-bit versions.

In some cases, a port of moOde may well turn out to be relatively trivial, like the early reported success in building it on a OrangePi running armbian xenial by @didiet78 (Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi).

In some cases, the port is an ongoing effort, like the experimental building of moOde on DietPi (for a progress report, follow the comments on DietPi-Software | moOde * Issue #1223 * Fourdee/DietPi * GitHub).

Hard to say where a port to pi64 falls on the degree-of-difficulty scale but I would not be willing to try. I'd rather just enjoy the music I'm hearing from my 32-bit moOde Players.

Regards,
Kent

PS - but of course, if you succeed in porting to pi64 and hearing music (perhaps through a vanilla-flavored USB-DAC) then be sure to share with us what you did :)

Hi, Kent

Thanks a lot!
I found that Php submitJob function doesn't work. Pi can't restart through moode page. The php environment is installed, so maybe another libs or components is absent.

BTW, Moode on my dietpi is now working normally.

Regards

Can I please give this a bump. Is anyone successfully using Google Music through the UPNP setup?

Google Music and Qobuz both work for me on Moode via Bubble on my tablet. I have simply started UPnP on Moode and have not 'Configured' it, that's to say I entered my passwords on Bubble but haven't entered them in Moode. RPi2b, Piano 2.1 DAC.
Does Bubble show the song as playing, but there is no sound? Or does Bubble itself not indicate play?

Last edited:
Holy ****!!!
So - the hardware is good...

But not the installation, it stuck into an infinite loop !
You must restart your installation from the beginning and do not touch anything else than a verification of the state before the end of the installation process. (it can take long time ! on my RPi3 it's not "less than one hour" for me but less than two hour because the speed of my connection)

A good installation process is like this :

Code:
// STEP 2 - Expand the root partition to 3GB
// STEP 3A - Install core packages
// STEP 3B - Install core packages
// STEP 4 - Install enhanced networking
** Compile bluez-alsa
// STEP 5 - Install Rotary encoder driver
** Compile WiringPi
** Compile rotary encoder driver
// STEP 6 - Compile and install MPD
// STEP 7 - Create moOde runtime environment
// STEP 8 - Install moOde sources and configs
// STEP 9 - Alsaequal
// STEP 10 - Optionally squash /var/www
// STEP 11 - Optionally, install latest Linux Kernel
// STEP 12 - Launch and configure moOde!
// STEP 13 - Final prep for image
** Compile Libupnp jfd5
** Compile Libupnpp
** Compile Upmpdcli
** Compile Upexplorer
// COMPONENT 7 - Optionally install gmusicapi
// COMPONENT 8 - Local UI display
// COMPONENT 9 - Allo Piano 2.1 Firmware
// END

Good luck for this re-installation

Last edited:
@TimCurtis

Hi,Tim

I try to install moode on pi64(GitHub - bamarni/pi64: A 64-bit OS for the Raspberry Pi 3), but the php session maybe not work. There can't confirm any config items. It is connecting to the server for long time. I read your source code, found that SubmitJob function can't transfer the session to worker.sh. Would you please tell me how to solve this problem?

Regards,
bnosereg

Can I please give this a bump. Is anyone successfully using Google Music through the UPNP setup?
Have you configured your password in Moode or BubbleUnpn?

If Moode may need to troubleshoot by enabling upnp logging.

But first did you install the Tidal part of upmpdcli as this is needed. Note I am only talking about the shared code there is no need to configure tidal.

Also try redoing pip install

Sudo pip install gmusicapi