Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hi,

Just want to share some important bug fixes that will appear in BETA 9.

- FIX: Workaround for MPD not capturing BBC 320K bitrate
- FIX: Sources screen hangs in certain scenarios
- FIX: Roaming between AP mode and WiFi SSID
- FIX: Cover art not displayed when same Title different Artist
- FIX: SSID Scan not returning anything in certain scenario

Many, many thanks for the bug reports and testing :)

-Tim

Hi,

Just a friendly bump :)

Look for BETA 9 pretty soon, and an in-place update for Beta6/7/8.

-Tim

Hiya, I've got Moode Beta 4 running on Pi with IQaudio Digiamp+

Set up went pretty will with a few wrinkles - Thanks Tim.
The only very minor bug I can see is that on firefox browser (Mint) on a large screen, the scroll bars on the left in the browse area do not go all the way to the bottom of the screen, and look to be cropped at the top.

My question is, what is the easiest way for me to stream audio from Linux Mint to Moode, I've tried and tried, but I don't get any sound, is there an easy set of instructions somewhere eg If I want to listen to Youtube or BBC listen again?
Thank you
Drew

Try using pi@IP Address instead of pi@moode. I had to at first

Are you using WiFi or Ethernet ?

I have tried, but nothing. I'm using WiFi, and it was great, until I push enter at the end of step 9. I tried "ip addr show", and there is wlan0 with one of strange ip addr, but that doesn't work. But missing the "wpa_supplicant" and the "ssh" files from the card, I don't know why. I will copy them back, and finish, I don't have more idea. I am not an pro linux user, so I will wait for the DietPi.

Hi,

Just an FYI that it looks like Squeezelite has been updated to include support for native DSD bitstream :) I'm testing the new compile procedures for Squeezelite and will update the Build Recipe accordingly if they work.

NOTE that I have no way to test whether native DSD actually works with Squeezelite since I don't own a DAC that supports native DSD.

-Tim

Probably the only one that has not been able to get past Step 2 of recipe 1.6. If you want to laugh go ahead, I can take it.:troll:

I have my Pi and sd card prepared in steps 1&2 and HDMI cable connected to TV. No network connection. When I power up asked to login. Is that normal? Anyway, so far can't login. typed in pi@raspberrypi then raspberry. no caps or errors have asked 2 others to check. Tried on 2 brand new cards, used different keyboards.

Is there any other possibility other than the Step 2 is goofed up?

Probably the only one that has not been able to get past Step 2 of recipe 1.6. If you want to laugh go ahead, I can take it.:troll:

I have my Pi and sd card prepared in steps 1&2 and HDMI cable connected to TV. No network connection. When I power up asked to login. Is that normal? Anyway, so far can't login. typed in pi@raspberrypi then raspberry. no caps or errors have asked 2 others to check. Tried on 2 brand new cards, used different keyboards.

I was using Windows and Putty, user is "pi", password is "raspberry"

Raspbian Stretch Lite and moOde are headless.

Unplug locally attached monitor and keyboard. Reboot and then from another computer on your network begin with STEP 3

ssh pi@raspberrypi (pwd=raspberry)

EDIT to add:

Pi will need access to Internet.

-Tim

Last edited:
I've found the bug!
If you set it up as SMB/CIFS then go back into the config, the NFS option is missing from the drop down list.....

Hi,

Thats how its supposed to work. Once you save a NAS config you can change params except the File share protocol. To change from CIFS to NFS or vis versa requires a new NAS config to be created.

-Tim

Hi, Moode is now up and running, but I have two more issues... (-:

I am not able to add a radio station ending on m3u...
http://metafiles.gl-systemhaus.de/hr/hr3_2.m3u

Secend issue, I want to install another tool on the image (alexa bridge) -> solved, was running twice!

Try creating a new station in "Radio" with this link for hr3

http://hr-hr3-live.cast.addradio.de/hr/hr3/live/mp3/128/stream.mp3

...and enjoy!
Hi,

moOde's Radio Station feature requires the stations direct stream link. The playlist file .m3u or .pls will not work.

Thanks @sniglar for provided the direct stream link :)

Try Community Radio Browser to find many direct stream links.
Community Radio Station Board

-Tim