Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2015, 01:12 AM   #381
thommy is offline thommy  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Remote
Another happy Moode convert here. I have tried all of the audiophile pi distributions but still kept going back to the handbuild raspbian/mpd install i made back in early 2013. This looks good, and weirdly I agree that it does sound better. Am running v2.1 on a B+ with Amanero USB interface.

A couple of issues:

1. Like many others there's nothing in my library. MPD is scanning but no files show. running 'mpc stats' confirms that the library is empty.

I worked around it by changing mpd's user to 'root' and editing mpd.conf to look for music in '/mnt/NAS/' instead. Now I get a working library but only that. No USB, Webradio etc.

2. The Amanero USB interface is not available as an option despite being detected and available. I only have onboard audio or I2S audio devices from which to select.

I worked around this by editing mpd.conf to use (hw:0,0) instead so now I get audio. However the hardware mixer does not work despite the Amanero having sliders to adjust in alsamixer.

Additionally, due to these manual changes to mpd.conf when I use the web interface to update mpd settings the two tweaks mentioned above get erased and i have to keep adding them in to enable audio after any other tweaks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2015, 02:47 AM   #382
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member
 
TimCurtis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Metro-Detroit
Quote:
Originally Posted by thommy View Post
Another happy Moode convert here. I have tried all of the audiophile pi distributions but still kept going back to the handbuild raspbian/mpd install i made back in early 2013. This looks good, and weirdly I agree that it does sound better. Am running v2.1 on a B+ with Amanero USB interface.

A couple of issues:

1. Like many others there's nothing in my library. MPD is scanning but no files show. running 'mpc stats' confirms that the library is empty.

I worked around it by changing mpd's user to 'root' and editing mpd.conf to look for music in '/mnt/NAS/' instead. Now I get a working library but only that. No USB, Webradio etc.

2. The Amanero USB interface is not available as an option despite being detected and available. I only have onboard audio or I2S audio devices from which to select.

I worked around this by editing mpd.conf to use (hw:0,0) instead so now I get audio. However the hardware mixer does not work despite the Amanero having sliders to adjust in alsamixer.

Additionally, due to these manual changes to mpd.conf when I use the web interface to update mpd settings the two tweaks mentioned above get erased and i have to keep adding them in to enable audio after any other tweaks.
Hi,

Glad to hear u are liking Moode :-)

Here are responses to your issues:

1. Like many others there's nothing in my library. MPD is scanning but no files show. running 'mpc stats' confirms that the library is empty.

MPC stats showing 0 songs suggests that MPD Database Update did not find any song files in any path. Did u mean that after pressing the Library tab the Library panel was blank and "0 tracks" was displayed in the lower right? Or was it that no songs showed up in the Browse panel under NAS?

I worked around it by changing mpd's user to 'root' and editing mpd.conf to look for music in '/mnt/NAS/' instead. Now I get a working library but only that. No USB, Webradio etc.

Shouldn't need to make either of these changes. MPD configuration already has symlink to /mnt/NAS. If there are song files under /mnt/NAS then MPD Database Update should pick them up.

Does your music collection show up in the Browse panel under NAS?

2. The Amanero USB interface is not available as an option despite being detected and available. I only have onboard audio or I2S audio devices from which to select.

This is a bug. "I2S audio device" appears in the "MPD audio output" field on MPD config screen when certain USB devices are attached, but it only affects the text displayed not the actual USB connection. The display issue has been fixed for release 2.2 :-)

I worked around this by editing mpd.conf to use (hw:0,0) instead so now I get audio. However the hardware mixer does not work despite the Amanero having sliders to adjust in alsamixer.

Probably because "On-board audio device" was selected which configures mpd.conf for hw:1,0 and thus u would get no sound from USB output since audio is being routed to the Pi's on-board audio chip. This is likely due to the confusion caused by the bogus "I2S audio device" text being displayed.

Additionally, due to these manual changes to mpd.conf when I use the web interface to update mpd settings the two tweaks mentioned above get erased and i have to keep adding them in to enable audio after any other tweaks.[/QUOTE]

The MPD config screen will overwrite any manual changes to the conf file. The approach is to manage the conf file through the UI.

I would recommend a fresh 2.1 image, leave MPD audio output set to "I2S audio device" since we know that its only a display issue, and then send email to tim at moodeaudio dot org and I can help troubleshoot getting your music collection to show up in the Browse panel and the Library panel :-)

Regards,
Tim
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2015, 10:35 AM   #383
chrisrm is offline chrisrm  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Testing MoOde2.1 on a B+ with HiFiBerry Digi+, and this is what happens.
Starting up was easy, up to VERIFY/SET ALSA VOLUME. At this point, the player (via Chrome on a Win7 PC) sat 'Waiting for moode...'. The menu worked inasfar as a reboot started as requested with the popup that the volume had been set. The screen *didn't* refresh after the reboot, I had to go back to diyAudio server HTTPS page.
Testing the playback via a radio station looked good as the radio station display on the player changed as requested and the timer restarted as expected, but without any sound. On trying to get to the Configuration/System menu to check the I2S setting, I'm back 'Waiting for moode...'. Most things I've tried with MoOde end up with this, which means that I go back to Volumio to have music again. I'll check on the next release.
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2015, 02:48 PM   #384
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member
 
TimCurtis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Metro-Detroit
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrm View Post
Testing MoOde2.1 on a B+ with HiFiBerry Digi+, and this is what happens.
Starting up was easy, up to VERIFY/SET ALSA VOLUME. At this point, the player (via Chrome on a Win7 PC) sat 'Waiting for moode...'. The menu worked inasfar as a reboot started as requested with the popup that the volume had been set. The screen *didn't* refresh after the reboot, I had to go back to diyAudio server HTTPS page.
Testing the playback via a radio station looked good as the radio station display on the player changed as requested and the timer restarted as expected, but without any sound. On trying to get to the Configuration/System menu to check the I2S setting, I'm back 'Waiting for moode...'. Most things I've tried with MoOde end up with this, which means that I go back to Volumio to have music again. I'll check on the next release.
Hi,

Very odd. I test w/Chrome on Windows 7 and no issues. This morning in fact I was testing the "Overlay Scrollbar" flags setting in Chrome and pushed a Tweet out about it.

Are u getting "Waiting for cache" message from Chrome?

Send email to tim at moodeaudio dot org and I can help troubleshoot :-)

Regards,
Tim
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2015, 09:15 PM   #385
Twerp is offline Twerp  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Hi Tim,

I've been a loyal Volumio user for a while now, but your project looks interesting and seems to have a faster update rate as well as a few features I've been yearning for.

Anyway, apologies if these have already been requested or implemented (I could only scan the previous forum posts), but here are some requests of my own:

1. Cuesheet support. I tried playing a cue file through the webUI, but it didn't work for me. This may help explain cuesheets.

2. Speed up boot process when using wifi. See here.

Thanks for developing Moode!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 01:23 AM   #386
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member
 
TimCurtis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Metro-Detroit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twerp View Post
Hi Tim,

I've been a loyal Volumio user for a while now, but your project looks interesting and seems to have a faster update rate as well as a few features I've been yearning for.

Anyway, apologies if these have already been requested or implemented (I could only scan the previous forum posts), but here are some requests of my own:

1. Cuesheet support. I tried playing a cue file through the webUI, but it didn't work for me. This may help explain cuesheets.

2. Speed up boot process when using wifi. See here.

Thanks for developing Moode!
Hi,

Glad to hear that Moode is working for u :-) I try to release a new version near the end of each month and I post dev and feature information frequently on Moode Twitter Feed

In the readme for Moode there is procedure #4 under CUSTOM CONFIGS for fast boot but the suggestion at the link you provided is much simpler and requires no ssh by user.

Replace "auto eth0" with "allow-hotplug eth0"

I will test it out. Thanks!

I have not had time to investigate CUE support but hope to get to at some point :-)

Regards,
Tim Curtis
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 09:27 PM   #387
Twerp is offline Twerp  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Hi again Tim,

Since Moode is headless, is there any mileage in turning off the video ports?

Apparently, this command will turn off the HDMI and composite signals and save around 20mA:

Quote:
/opt/vc/bin/tvservice -off
Source: Pi On The Wall wall mounted home server Part 3: Reducing Power Consumption | "Domipheus Labs"

Seems to lower the CPU temperature by a few degrees as well: https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewt...t=2453&p=15467
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 11:14 PM   #388
DRONE7 is offline DRONE7  New Zealand
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
One of the things I prefer about Moode vs Volumio et al is that the video port is on.
I would be happy with a switch in the config menu for opt in/out.

Using Moode at a remote location (my rural workshop) means no wifi so I control it from the keyboard.
Mostly I can do this blind but when I sometimes mistype or need to check what errors are throwing then the console output is invaluable.

Last edited by DRONE7; 10th August 2015 at 11:16 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2015, 04:29 AM   #389
benkit is offline benkit
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Hello,
First time to posted here,I appreciate Tim who is taking time
to built Moode excellent player.
My system is used Raspberry PI 2 with IQaudio DAC+ that works perfectly, sound quality is better than both Volumio and Runeaudio sure.
I'm looking for how to build it into chassis and control with IR remote. Would you please advise or guidance where to find information that makes it.

Thank you very much
BK
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2015, 01:27 AM   #390
Zootalaws is offline Zootalaws  New Zealand
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Borneo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE7 View Post
One of the things I prefer about Moode vs Volumio et al is that the video port is on.
I would be happy with a switch in the config menu for opt in/out.

Using Moode at a remote location (my rural workshop) means no wifi so I control it from the keyboard.
Mostly I can do this blind but when I sometimes mistype or need to check what errors are throwing then the console output is invaluable.
I've been doing a lot of work with wifi lately - not Raspberry Pi, other MCUs.

As a result, I have also been playing with using the Pi as an AP/wireless Hotspot for exactly this sort of situation - where there's no wifi infrastructure.

It's pretty straightforward:

You need a wifi adapter that supports Master mode - such as an Edimax or Ralink RT5370/RT5372 (my personal fave USB Wifi adapter).

SSH into the Pi: ssh root@moode.local
Install DHCP server udhcpd: sudo apt-get install hostapd udhcpd
Edit DHCP config file: nano /etc/udhcpd.conf

Code:
# Moode udhcpd configuration file (/etc/udhcpd.conf)

# The start and end of the IP lease block
start		192.168.10.20	#default: 192.168.10.20
end		192.168.10.40	#default: 192.168.10.40

# The interface that udhcpd will use
interface	wlan0		#default: wlan0
max_leases	254		#default: 254
remaining	yes		#default: yes

#DHCP options
opt	dns	192.168.10.1 
option	subnet	255.255.255.0
opt	router	192.168.10.1
opt	wins	192.168.10.1
option	domain	local
option	lease	864000 #10 Days
Edit /etc/default/udhcpd to enable DHCP services: nano /etc/default/udhcpd

Code:
#DHCPD_ENABLED="no"
Give the Wifi adapter an IP address: sudo ifconfig wlan0 192.168.10.1

Edit /etc/network/interfaces to make the IP address permanent: nano /etc/network/interfaces

Add or alter to the following:
Code:
iface wlan0 inet static
  address 192.168.10.1
  netmask 255.255.255.0
Configure HostAPD: nano /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf

If you want an open (no password) wifi AP:

Code:
interface=wlan0
ssid=Music
hw_mode=g
channel=6
auth_algs=1
wmm_enabled=0
If you want a secured wifi AP:

Code:
interface=wlan0
driver=nl80211
ssid=Music
hw_mode=g
channel=6
macaddr_acl=0
auth_algs=1
ignore_broadcast_ssid=0
wpa=2
wpa_passphrase=My_Passphrase
wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
wpa_pairwise=TKIP
rsn_pairwise=CCMP
You can make the SSID anything you want - but short and simple and plain characters is always easier.

If you are securing your AP, 'wpa_passphrase' is the AP password.

Edit the hostapd file: nano /etc/default/hostapd

Code:
DAEMON_CONF="/etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf"
Now we need to configure NAT (Network Address Translation)

Set up IP forwarding: sudo sh -c "echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward"
Make it permanent: nano /etc/sysctl.conf

Code:
net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
Set up NAT in the kernel:

Code:
sudo iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
sudo iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -o wlan0 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
sudo iptables -A FORWARD -i wlan0 -o eth0 -j ACCEPT
sudo sh -c "iptables-save > /etc/iptables.ipv4.nat"

Edit to add the ip tables to your interfaces: nano /etc/network/interfaces

Code:
up iptables-restore < /etc/iptables.ipv4.nat
Now we are ready to test:

sudo service hostapd start
sudo service udhcpd start

You should now see the 'Music' SSID.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Moode Audio Player for Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My DAC for the Raspberry Pi usul27 Digital Line Level 156 30th April 2017 12:10 AM
DSP for the Raspberry Pi usul27 Digital Line Level 39 30th August 2016 08:29 AM
Raspberry Pi + CirrusLogic Audio Card = FAIL solderhead PC Based 31 26th January 2016 07:48 PM
RaspyFi/Volumio - Turn raspberry Pi into Audiophile audio Player mikelangeloz PC Based 295 14th June 2014 06:32 PM
miniAMP and raspberry pi kp93300 miniDSP 0 3rd March 2014 04:38 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:59 AM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.00%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2019 diyAudio
Wiki