Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th April 2016, 10:28 AM   #2581
f3rn4nd0d is offline f3rn4nd0d
diyAudio Member

Hello all

For those of you with a Raspberry Pi 3. I've ordered this from Banggood. It is a small Bluetooth keypad with 5 buttons to control reproduction for Mobile Phones. Hopefully it will work with Raspberry Pi 3 Bluetooth connection and it will make a nice remote for Moode.

BT-005 12M Bluetooth Media Button Support ISO Bluetooth 3.0 Android OS 4.0 Sale - Banggood.com

I'll keep you informed on my progress to make it work.

BR / Fernando
Old 25th April 2016, 10:41 AM   #2582
Twerp is offline Twerp  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
- NEW: WiFi automatic Access Point (AP) mode
This is inspired! No more messing about with Ethernet cables and moving my music device just to configure it after writing a new image.

Also very handy for those using Raspberry Pis without Ethernet ports.

Nice work Tim!
Old 25th April 2016, 01:28 PM   #2583
TheOldPresbyope is offline TheOldPresbyope  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi,

Just a friendly repost :-)

Moode 2.6 Test Release 1 (TR1) is available for download at moodeaudio.org under the TEST CODE button.

Enjoy!

Regards,
Tim
No problem here bringing up r26-tr1 on my RPi2 Model B with HiFiBerry DAC+, Canakit WiFi adapter, music files on local USB stick and remote SMB server. The AP is a nice touch!

Regarding the Readme (aka Player Setup):

1. I suggest you amplify the instructions for the benefit of new users, especially where there are alternatives. For example, the initial setup might read:

Code:
1. INITIAL SETUP
a) insert sd card
b) connect USB or I2S audio device
c) connect USB storage devices
d) choose either Ethernet or WiFi Access Point as the initial remote connection mode
- Ethernet Mode
et.1) insert ethernet cable
et.2) power on
et.3) connect to your new Moode Player from another computer on the local network using a web browser and the URL ...
- Access Point Mode
ap.1) insert WiFi adapter that supports AP mode
ap.2) power on
ap.3) on another computer with a WiFi interface, join the AP network SSID=Moode, pwd=moodeaudio
ap.4) connect to your new Moode Player from this computer using a web browser and the URL ...
[I omitted the URLs because of my bugaboo with the diyaudio CMS interpreting them]

2. The Readme doesn't mention how this release switches between WiFi AP mode and WiFi host mode. Also, given the number of times the topic comes up, it's probably worth mentioning that stock Android devices don't resolve the .local domain. My wife used to tell me: be specific to be terrific!

3. I noticed a couple really trivial typos:
In "3. TIME ZONE...., a)" there's a missing forward slash in the URL
In "AFTER PLAYER SETUP...3(c)" configuration is misspelled

As an aside, I am *very* happy with moodeOS. The closer you get to upstream Debian, the easier life is for contributors and I hope for you too.

Many thanks for both your hard work and for your thoughtful design work. Moode is a pleasure to work with.

Regards,
Kent

Last edited by TheOldPresbyope; 25th April 2016 at 01:30 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 25th April 2016, 01:45 PM   #2584
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterodp View Post
Thanks for the 2.6 Update, Tim. Very nice. A question to the AP mode and the Adapters. i have the "standard" Edimax WiFi adapter in use which does not support AP by default. But there seems to be a solution to make it work as AP.

Is it possible to integrate this Support in the next TR?

Patrick
Hi Patrick,

Wish it were because the EDIMax adapters are really nice but the "solution" is a hack that was developed for a specific recompiled version of hostapd and modified EDIMax drivers and it does not work with the version of hostapd in the Jessie repo or the stock EDIMax drivers in 4.1.19 kernel.

Regards,
Tim
Old 25th April 2016, 01:47 PM   #2585
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by awietek View Post
Hello everyone
I'm happy user of Raspberry Pi 2 and Soekris DAC working altogether quite nicely. Im using LMS right now but encountered a problem when playing DSD files - looks like the signal coming out of squeezelite player is not good enough. Was just wandering if moode player supports DSD files format and I'm tempted trying this out - it seems to be interesting project.
Hi,

Moode is based on MPD and thus supports DSD over PCM (DoP) format or on-the-fly conversion to PCM.

-Tim
Old 25th April 2016, 01:51 PM   #2586
philrandal is offline philrandal  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi Patrick,

Wish it were because the EDIMax adapters are really nice but the "solution" is a hack that was developed for a specific recompiled version of hostapd and modified EDIMax drivers and it does not work with the version of hostapd in the Jessie repo or the stock EDIMax drivers in 4.1.19 kernel.

Regards,
Tim
Do the stock 8192cu kernel drivers and hostapd work with this hostapd driver for the 8192cu?

https://github.com/pritambaral/hostapd-rtl871xdrv

Cheers,

Phil
Old 25th April 2016, 01:55 PM   #2587
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPresbyope View Post
No problem here bringing up r26-tr1 on my RPi2 Model B with HiFiBerry DAC+, Canakit WiFi adapter, music files on local USB stick and remote SMB server. The AP is a nice touch!

Regarding the Readme (aka Player Setup):

1. I suggest you amplify the instructions for the benefit of new users, especially where there are alternatives. For example, the initial setup might read:

Code:
1. INITIAL SETUP
a) insert sd card
b) connect USB or I2S audio device
c) connect USB storage devices
d) choose either Ethernet or WiFi Access Point as the initial remote connection mode
- Ethernet Mode
et.1) insert ethernet cable
et.2) power on
et.3) connect to your new Moode Player from another computer on the local network using a web browser and the URL ...
- Access Point Mode
ap.1) insert WiFi adapter that supports AP mode
ap.2) power on
ap.3) on another computer with a WiFi interface, join the AP network SSID=Moode, pwd=moodeaudio
ap.4) connect to your new Moode Player from this computer using a web browser and the URL ...
[I omitted the URLs because of my bugaboo with the diyaudio CMS interpreting them]

2. The Readme doesn't mention how this release switches between WiFi AP mode and WiFi host mode. Also, given the number of times the topic comes up, it's probably worth mentioning that stock Android devices don't resolve the .local domain. My wife used to tell me: be specific to be terrific!

3. I noticed a couple really trivial typos:
In "3. TIME ZONE...., a)" there's a missing forward slash in the URL
In "AFTER PLAYER SETUP...3(c)" configuration is misspelled

As an aside, I am *very* happy with moodeOS. The closer you get to upstream Debian, the easier life is for contributors and I hope for you too.

Many thanks for both your hard work and for your thoughtful design work. Moode is a pleasure to work with.

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent,

It shouldn't be too easy to use, otherwise no one will learn to appreciate Linux ;-), but thanks for the suggestions. I'll update the readme for the next TR :-)

-Tim
Old 25th April 2016, 02:03 PM   #2588
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philrandal View Post
Do the stock 8192cu kernel drivers and hostapd work with this hostapd driver for the 8192cu?

https://github.com/pritambaral/hostapd-rtl871xdrv

Cheers,

Phil
Based on my reading, not with stock hostapd. Hostapd has to be recompiled using the patched driver.

-Tim
Old 25th April 2016, 02:42 PM   #2589
smallangryboy is offline smallangryboy  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Tim, will you be able to list compatible USB WiFi adapters that work with AP and MoOde, or know where to point to find out?
Old 25th April 2016, 04:22 PM   #2590
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallangryboy View Post
Tim, will you be able to list compatible USB WiFi adapters that work with AP and MoOde, or know where to point to find out?
Hi,

I tested Pi 3 integrated and Canakit WiFi adapters and these work in AP mode, and the EDIMax adapters that I have do not work in AP mode. Beyond that I have no way of knowing whether other adapters actually work in AP mode.

-Tim

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!