Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hi,

Working through a bit of my TODO list and was able to add MPD crossfader to Moode 3.0 :)

-Tim

Attachments

• moode-r30-crossfade.png
    moode-r30-crossfade.png
    188.2 KB · Views: 418
Hi

I have made some eksperiments with the power supply with great succes for audio quality. I have removed the onboard regulator (which made the 3.3v and 1.8V), and then power directly at PP8 and PP9 - the 5v goes to the GPIO. All three powersupply come from a DIY linear with LT1963 regulators.
I know a lot have powered directly to the GPIO with succes, but it really gives a lot more if you cut the onboard regulator.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    206 KB · Views: 419
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 402
Hi

I have made some eksperiments with the power supply with great succes for audio quality. I have removed the onboard regulator (which made the 3.3v and 1.8V), and then power directly at PP8 and PP9 - the 5v goes to the GPIO. All three powersupply come from a DIY linear with LT1963 regulators.
I know a lot have powered directly to the GPIO with succes, but it really gives a lot more if you cut the onboard regulator.

Interesting.... so you need three powersupply, one at 1,8V, one at 3.3V and a 5V one.
I had found great improvement even with a 5V linear to the normal power microusb.
With your experiment is really better?

Interesting.... so you need three powersupply, one at 1,8V, one at 3.3V and a 5V one.
I had found great improvement even with a 5V linear to the normal power microusb.
With your experiment is really better?

Absolutely, the improvement with 3 supplies gives a step up like the one you already have made. The problem is the cheap and noisy onboard regulators at rpi.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Finally found the time to test the standalone wifi access point with the RPi-2 and an Edimax EW-7811Un via a Samsung Galaxy. In post 4842 Kent kindly answered my question on this. The wifi on the Galaxy recognizes the moode.local, and warns internet cannot be used by this connection. At login by chrome the message 'offline' appears.
What am I missing?

Hi,
I'm trying out the moode player. As I understood, it should work as an Airplay Receiver as well? Both my ipad and my iphone don't find it. I'm on RasPI 3.
I take it that you have enabled Airplay in the Services section of the System Configuration. Note that after altering the settings you may have to reboot, although it shouldn't be necessary for setting up Airplay.

Finally found the time to test the standalone wifi access point with the RPi-2 and an Edimax EW-7811Un via a Samsung Galaxy. In post 4842 Kent kindly answered my question on this. The wifi on the Galaxy recognizes the moode.local, and warns internet cannot be used by this connection. At login by chrome the message 'offline' appears.
What am I missing?

I have Samsung android tab and have learned to connect with the ip address. Permanent solution is make static address for the moode unit and connect with diyAudio server HTTPS page on web browser. Hope this is helpful.

What am I missing?

Android and Chrome forces the use of googles DNS servers at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Go to your wifi settings and long-press and add your local router (or the Pi acting as a local router) address in place of the google ones and use a browser other than android default or chrome.

What am I missing?

Hi,

Access Point (AP) mode only supports connnection from client to Pi.

-Tim

Hello again,

Anybody can help me?

A have a problem with wifi while using RPi (2 or 3) with Hifiberry DAC+Pro? There a lot of topics about this problem, e.g.:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=140237\
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/1588
https://support.hifiberry.com/hc/en...01904031-Hifiberry-DAC-Pro-WIFI-WLAN-Problem-

How can I fix it?

Best regards,

Hi,

- Plug in a WiFi dongle
- On System config, turn off Pi-3 WIFI-BT adapter
- Reboot

-Tim