Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Tim,

rather than getting the same question over and over, is it possible for the mods to add some sticky posts for the thread that cover latest release, release notes, installation notes, FAQ, etc?

If not able to do a sticky, perhaps the first post could be amended to include that sort of information?

My apologies if this has been asked before :D

Hi Mike,

Look in /var/www/header.php and comment out the "Configure" line from the menu.

under

<ul class="dropdown-menu"...

change

<li><a href="#configure-modal" data-toggle="modal"><i class="icon-cogs sx"></i> Configure</a></li>

to

<!--li><a href="#configure-modal" data-toggle="modal"><i class="icon-cogs sx"></i> Configure</a></li-->

Something like that :)

-Tim

Easy peasy:) Thanks.

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Hi Charles,

System config, CHECK for software update.

-Tim

Thanks Tim. The update check wasn't present. Maybe I re-installed the SD card after applying it, I don't remember the exact sequence of my experiments. I re-applied the r26 update with the following commands:

Code:
cd ~/  
sudo wget -q "http://moodeaudio.org/downloads/updater.sh.zip" -O updater.sh.zip  
sudo unzip -q -o updater.sh.zip  
sudo mv updater.sh /var/www/command  
sudo rm updater.sh.zip  
sudo /var/www/command/updater.sh r26  
#... wait for top to show no activity  
sudo reboot

Now I see the update CHECK link, and when I try it, it says I'm up-to-date and the "About" shows Release: 2.6 2016-06-07, Update: (2016-07-28). It needed two reboots to show the newest update (after the first one it had an empty update date).

So I guess I'm now using the latest new stuff. Radio Paradise is working fine again, a must condition to work in my home office :p

Thanks Tim for the great software and help!
Charles

Hi Tim, I'm on a fresh install of moode with all the updates installed. I'm getting the following error message beneath my Wifi WLAN option: "Unable to activate AP mode". I'm using an Edimax Technology Co., Ltd EW-7811Un 802.11n Wireless Adapter [Realtek RTL8188CUS], and the RPI is showing it as connected.

Any ideas?

Hi,

Hostapd does not support rtl8188 chips but the post below has a workaround. I'm planning to integrate it as an optional hostapd for EdiMax adapters but have not gotten to it yet.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/271811-moode-audio-player-raspberry-pi-297.html#post4708377

Moode Setup guide has list of AP mode compatible adapters :)

-Tim

Tim: I guess I'll wait until you come out with an optional hostapd. Or perhaps you can recommend an adapter that will work for longer than a few months that I can use. I just realized there's no point in wasting my Sunday on this. I'll listen to music on my headphones in the meantime.

Last edited:
I was thinking about radios the other day.

- Tim, what about using a central radio url repository like Radio Browser
It's not mine BTW, just found it randomly. AGPL, all code on github
It has its own api Radio Browser API , so it would offload all the "fixing radio urls" work from you and allow others to simply add radios/fix urls?

It already filters by clicks, vote, country, language, tags(genre), codec, etc and you can expose via JSON/XML

You could also host it on your own server, since is freely licensed.

It's missing some european radios, but as soon as you add them on the website they will show immediately in your application. I'd add my fair share of radio urls :)
Easy enough to add them via website

It's already being used by some apps like Gradio for Ubuntu and a few other ones.

Hi,

Its an interesting idea but looks like a lot of work to integrate or host and if the guy is not home to reboot his server then what?

"But downtimes are possible and i am not always home to fix it"

Broken radio links are actually pretty rare in my experience but sometimes they happen and it takes a bit of effort to find the new link and put out an update.

My goal for Moode radio station feature is not to have 1000's of stations but maybe a couple hundred representing the very best in commercial-free, listener-supported radio :)

-Tim

Tim: I guess I'll wait until you come out with an optional hostapd. Or perhaps you can recommend an adapter that will work for longer than a few months that I can use. I just realized there's no point in wasting my Sunday on this. I'll listen to music on my headphones in the meantime.

Hi,

It may be a while before I get to this item but in the meantime this post may help with the build steps
https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8188eu/issues/167

Just prefix the cmds with sudo.

-Tim

Hi Giantstairs!

Airplay in AP- Mode only works with an additional ethernet connection. AP- Mode itself is unable to build up streaming-condition in this case. But you can stream airplay with built up wlan-connection- you may realize it with phone in tethering-mode or router-based. Works without issues also with Pi3's internal wlan-implementation.

Greetingz, Robert

Thanks Tim. The update check wasn't present. Maybe I re-installed the SD card after applying it, I don't remember the exact sequence of my experiments. I re-applied the r26 update with the following commands:

Code:
cd ~/  
sudo wget -q "http://moodeaudio.org/downloads/updater.sh.zip" -O updater.sh.zip  
sudo unzip -q -o updater.sh.zip  
sudo mv updater.sh /var/www/command  
sudo rm updater.sh.zip  
sudo /var/www/command/updater.sh r26  
#... wait for top to show no activity  
sudo reboot

Now I see the update CHECK link, and when I try it, it says I'm up-to-date and the "About" shows Release: 2.6 2016-06-07, Update: (2016-07-28). It needed two reboots to show the newest update (after the first one it had an empty update date).
Thanks cbueche! Exactly my case!

Hi Tim!

I've just set up MoOde on Pi Zero. No problems, it even work with ethernet/USB. However, I was hoping to find Soundcloud plugin somewhere. Do you have any directions. Only thing I've found is this twitter update: https://twitter.com/moodeaudio/status/652468345523052544
but it does not give me much.
Thanks! M.

Hi,

I compiled mpd with the soundcloud option but I don't have any experience with using the plugin so can't offer much help.

I'm sure there is a post or two on the net that has information. Try Google.

-Tim

Hi Robert, thanks. I had it working with WLAN but for some reason it now does not want to work. Ethernet is not an option in my setup. I'm not sure why it stopped working, I had set up a static address but it now when I plug in the ethernet to reconfigure it says WLAN not in use. So I tried AP mode.

Connect eth again and do reset in network configuration. Then hotplug your wifi dongle, configure your static wlan IP, press 'apply' then reboot. If you are able to open Moode now with your chosen wlan IP, just shutdown, poweroff the Pi, remove eth-cable and power up again- Should work now. If you use Pi3's internal wlan, just do the same- of course then there is no need to hotplug something;-)

Greetingz