Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th April 2018, 09:22 PM   #14881
Man in a van is offline Man in a van  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

A quick google gives no

Missign control for RED "Power LED" * Issue #1332 * raspberrypi/linux * GitHub

and yes, maybe

Controlling PWR and ACT LEDs on the Raspberry Pi | Jeff Geerling

proceed at your own risk.

But why bother?............sigh

Ronnie
Old 14th April 2018, 10:39 PM   #14882
hifix is offline hifix  Australia
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the heads up Man in a van.
Old 15th April 2018, 07:47 AM   #14883
ernesternest is offline ernesternest  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
Support for moOde is now being provided in a dedicated Forum :-)
Moode Forum

-Tim
Tim, is it possible to support Smartphone view in your forum software? Would be great.

Best

Ernst
Old 15th April 2018, 07:59 AM   #14884
CallMeMike is offline CallMeMike  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Ernst, if you head over to the new forum you'll find a sub-category called "Feature requests"

Moode Forum - Feature requests
Old 15th April 2018, 09:43 AM   #14885
ernesternest is offline ernesternest  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeMike View Post
Ernst, if you head over to the new forum you'll find a sub-category called "Feature requests"

Moode Forum - Feature requests
Thanks, I'll try.

Best
Old 18th April 2018, 10:38 PM   #14886
Tried100X is offline Tried100X  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Android phone using cellular network to resolve IP Address instead of WiFi access pt

Just a heads-up for some Android users who might have a phone that automatically switches between cellular and WiFi networks for phone calls - this may cause you to be unable to access your Raspberry Pi from your phone...
NOTE: not all Android phones use WiFi for cellular calls like mine does. So, this post only applies to folks who have phones that automatically switch between WiFi and a cell phone network for calls and internet services.

-----I was able to control my RPi with moOde audio via the WiFi access point from an iPhone using Nymeria and I could access the RPi via the WiFi access point from my desktop computer using the IP address via a browser on my desktop computer. So, I knew I was setting up the WiFi access point correctly and accessing it correctly. But I had no luck connecting to the WiFi access point via my Android phone.
-----After days of banging my head against the wall (...but it feels so good when you stop...), I had an epiphany: my Android phone switches automatically between the cellular network and WiFi for both internet data and phone calls and defaults to whichever one has an internet connection.
-----Since the moOde audio WiFi access point connection that I set up had no internet connection, my phone was trying to resolve all URLs and IP addresses via the cellular network. So every time I entered the moOde audio WiFi access point IP address into the Android's browser, the phone would try to access the IP address via the cellular network and skip the moOde WiFi connection. My Android phone thought, "Hey! That's an IP address! I think I'll use the cellular network, because it has internet access and this "Moode" WiFi thing doesn't."
-----Once I turned off the cellular data / network connection on my Android phone, the phone had no option except to try the moOde audio WiFi access point. And Eureka! It worked!

So, if anyone has a phone that automatically switches back and forth between WiFi and the cellular network for data and phone calls, try turning off the cellular data or your phone might skip the moOde audio, "no internet" WiFi access point in favor of resolving the IP address over the internet that's available on the cellular network. The downside? You won't be able to make phone calls while you are using your browser on your phone to control moOde audio on your RPi...

I hope this helps someone else...I couldn't find any posts that discussed this problem exactly...
Old 19th April 2018, 01:49 PM   #14887
synonymous is offline synonymous  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to synonymous
Can moode be run as a read only system?
Are there any Pi based systems that run read only?

Thanks
Old 19th April 2018, 07:36 PM   #14888
Blixa is offline Blixa  Italy
diyAudio Member

Hi Everybody, i've a little problem: everytime i run moode all tracks in library are deleted and usually update it don't works, no one tracks in usb library.
I use an external hd.
Any idea to causes? Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 03:39 PM   #14889
fb2017 is offline fb2017
diyAudio Member

Hi, is it possible to add Amazon Prime and Amazon Music support for the Moode Audio? (sorry if it's already there, I couldn't find how to enable it). There are some very helpful Kodi blogs on this topic:
Amazon Prime on Raspberry PI
Old 26th April 2018, 05:21 PM   #14890
LEZARDO is offline LEZARDO  Europe
diyAudio Member

Default Test with real time Kernel config.....good

Good sound with Moode installed with real time Kernel config, for the best results without jitter.. I tested on a raspberry pi B3 + with 1 DAC Justboom up to 24bits-384kz in I2S..

Audiophile Greetings.

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!