Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

But then you won't be able to play the BBC HLS streams.

You could set up a static IP address in moode config.

That's true, I like having the BBC streams. The thing is, I use Moode very happily in total ignorance of a lot of stuff. So I've no idea what to enter in 'Netmask', 'Gateway', etc. Is there a simple guide somewhere?

EDIT: Maybe I'm a bit less ignorant than I thought. I found the numbers under 'Router Status', entered them, and all seems OK. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi all,

two questions:
- Has somebody the serial interface working (GPIO) with TR2.6? My Pi has a connection to the soekris dam1021 DAC and under the "old" release 2.5 is it working.
I know that there is a new system init in deb8 an i configured out "the startup messages" in the "cmdline.txt" but without success
- No sound via "airplay" from my mac (OS X 10.11.5 Beta), with 2.5 works. Internetradio plays, then switching to airplay, sound goes out, the browser shows "airplay".

Some hints for me? Thanks!

Playing with filters or firmware update, ;)here are some boards to connect the pi with the dam.

Another thing, if the resampling turned of => no sound output, enable resampling and all is good again :eek:

Airplay works here from non apple device (iPhone, iPad, Mini or Air), an old "volumio", the 2.5 version, apple tv, amazon fire tv, ... works like a charm.

EDIT: Maybe I'm a bit less ignorant than I thought. I found the numbers under 'Router Status', entered them, and all seems OK. Thanks.

Well I thought all was OK... After entering what I thought were the Static settings and restarting the player worked OK. But I still find that after another reboot the IP has changed, even though the config page still shows the settings I entered!

Last edited:
Well I thought all was OK... After entering what I thought were the Static settings and restarting the player worked OK. But I still find that after another reboot the IP has changed, even though the config page still shows the settings I entered!

There was bug in TR2 that might cause this. Fixed in TR3

- change auto wlan0 to allow-hotplug wlan0 in /etc/network/config

-Tim

You need to set eth0 or wlan0 to static.

Secondly, your static IP address shouldn't be the one you got from dhcp, but outside the dhcp range.

192.168.1.2 should be OK as most home routers start their dhcp ranges at something like 192.168.1..100

I opted for making a DHCP reservation in my router. In this way, Moode will receive the same IP address even after re-imaging the SD card with a new version of Moode.

Hi,

Examine /var/log/mpd/mpd.log and look for indications as to why nothing past 'N'. Most common cause is insufficient permissions on folders/files.

-Tim

Log file shows no errors.
What permission errors should I look for?

In the log it only shows the folders that the library shows (no record of even trying to add the missing folders).

If I do a rescan of the DB sometimes it will come back with only 4000 tracks, other times 7400 tracks.

All told there should be over 10,000 tracks.

As well, after hitting "Update MPD DB"
It will show "updating" forever...(well at least for 24 hours) until I turn it off/on.

Last edited:
Hi Phil,

After looking at things I think best way to handle scenario where network interface does not get ip address before worker initiates NAS mounts is to have worker delay mounting the NAS sources by testing eth0 and/or wlan0 for presence of assigned ip address inside a 3 x 3 sec sleep loop.

For example, if wlan0 already has an ip address then there would be no delay and worker would proceed with NAS mounts, otherwise sleep(3) then test wlan0 again. Repeat up to 3 times for total of 9 sec delay. If no ip address is assigned to wlan0 after 9 secs then out of the loop and NAS mounts fail.

Testing required to make sure this is robust.

Regards,
Tim

Hi Tim,

That would probably work.

The simpler workaround is to add

sleep 10

at the start of /etc/rc.local

sleep 8 works for me, but what's a few seconds extra in the cause of reliability?

Phil

You need to set eth0 or wlan0 to static.

Secondly, your static IP address shouldn't be the one you got from dhcp, but outside the dhcp range.

192.168.1.2 should be OK as most home routers start their dhcp ranges at something like 192.168.1..100

I set wlan0 to static, IP to 192.168.1.2 APPLY and REBOOT. But it still connects via the previous IP of 192.168.0.4, even though the config page shows 192.168.1.2-signal 97%.

Log file shows no errors.
What permission errors should I look for?

In the log it only shows the folders that the library shows (no record of even trying to add the missing folders).

If I do a rescan of the DB sometimes it will come back with only 4000 tracks, other times 7400 tracks.

All told there should be over 10,000 tracks.

As well, after hitting "Update MPD DB"
It will show "updating" forever...(well at least for 24 hours) until I turn it off/on.

Hi,

Sometimes the spinner is not cleared even though the DB update has completed. Usually refreshing the page or restarting MPD clears it.

The symptoms you describe where MPD database update returns different numbers of tracks suggests a timeout may be occurring in connection between Pi and storage.

When nothing obvious shows up in log then try setting log_level to "verbose" in /etc/mpd.conf. I would first use Moode System config to "Clear system logs", then make change to mpd.conf, then restart MPD.

What is your config?
- Pi model
- Network connection
- NAS or USB storage and what model

-Tim

Hi Tim,

That would probably work.

The simpler workaround is to add

sleep 10

at the start of /etc/rc.local

sleep 8 works for me, but what's a few seconds extra in the cause of reliability?

Phil

Hi Phil,

The problem with using a fixed sleep is that it would unnecessarily delay startup for the most common scenario which is where eth0 / wlan0 adapter gets an IP address from DHCP server instantly. It would also delay startup for a less common config that uses static IP address.

The code I described earlier would not add any delay if the adapter already has an address, and would only delay by 3 secs up to a max of 3 tries for a total of 9 secs.

If u are consistently seeing that 8 secs provides enough time in your scenario then the 3 x 3 sec loop will work well.

-Tim

I can't find how to add the result of a search (e.g. after searching for an artist) to the current playlist, other than by doing this for each and every track in the search results.

Is there a better solution to this?

Hi Sander,

At some point I'll get to working on collection management and UI (no time frame). "Search" and "search results" are already on my TODO list and yes they need of a bit of an overhaul.

-Tim

Hi Phil,

The problem with using a fixed sleep is that it would unnecessarily delay startup for the most common scenario which is where eth0 / wlan0 adapter gets an IP address from DHCP server instantly. It would also delay startup for a less common config that uses static IP address.

The code I described earlier would not add any delay if the adapter already has an address, and would only delay by 3 secs up to a max of 3 tries for a total of 9 secs.

If u are consistently seeing that 8 secs provides enough time in your scenario then the 3 x 3 sec loop will work well.

-Tim

Hi Tim,

With sleep 6 my first NAS share didn't mount but the second did.

sleep 8 was reliable over several reboots.

It might vary with other Wi-Fi dongles, though.

Not sure of the code needed to implement your approach, so I'll leave it in your good hands.

Phil