Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th February 2018, 02:05 AM   #14061
sg300b is offline sg300b  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPresbyope View Post
Hi, Rick.

Here's an example output from a bare invocation of smbtree after I SSh'ed into my moOde 4.0 player
Code:
pi@moode:~ $ smbtree
Enter pi's password: 
WORKGROUP
	\\PHYLLIS-PC     		
	\\MOODE          		moOde SMB Server
		\\MOODE\IPC$           	IPC Service (moOde SMB Server)
		\\MOODE\SDCARD         	SDCARD Storage
		\\MOODE\RADIO          	RADIO Stations
		\\MOODE\NAS            	NAS Shares
	\\KRYPTON        		krypton server (Samba, Ubuntu)
		\\KRYPTON\HL5450DN       	HL5450DN
		\\KRYPTON\IPC$           	IPC Service (krypton server (Samba, Ubuntu))
		\\KRYPTON\MoodeMusic     	
		\\KRYPTON\Tests          	
		\\KRYPTON\Pictures       	
		\\KRYPTON\Books          	
		\\KRYPTON\print$         	Printer Drivers
(At the moment, my OpenMediaVault is offline.)

Note it asked for my password. This can be bypassed with the '-N' option. Further, my significant other has a Windows host on the LAN (\\PHYLLIS-PC) which is acting as SMB master browser. Dependency on browsers can be bypassed with the '-b' option. The options can be combined. Invoking 'smbtree --help' will get you a list of the available options.

It's also possible to discover these shares using the GUI-based network browsers available on a Windows box or a Linux box running a Desktop Environment. I assume the equivalent exists for MacOS.

Regards,
Kent
Kent,

Thanks for your detailed answer. I did not get an output in my pi when I run smbtree.

If time permits, I may try another install of moode on another sd card later while troubleshooting this.

best regards,
Rick
Old 27th February 2018, 02:14 AM   #14062
TheOldPresbyope is offline TheOldPresbyope  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmbmb View Post
So, after I "played" with the bluetooth dongle, I went to the Config > SEL page and selected "On-board soundcard". Then, went to Config > Audio > MPD page and selected "On-board soundcard" for output and saved the configuration. I waited until I got the response "MPD service restarted" and tried to play something - nothing happened.
Sorry if I sounded snarky when I said "played". I constantly refer to my own work as playing or hacking and I forget how it might sound to others.

My Config > SEL page doesn't offer "On-board soundcard" as a choice so I'm confused.

As Tim said, manually editing configuration files creates problems. Many of them get modified by moOde based on values entered by the user and stored in the sqlite3 database /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db. Once the database and the configuration files get out of synch, it's difficult to get back to square one.
Quote:
Yes, I was able to listen to music before without issues.

My RPi is a model 2B and I don't use a DAC (for the moment).
Ok, I wasn't sure and some folks get no sound because they've forgotten to set for their external DAC.

Candidly, I don't know at this point how to recover. Were I you, I think I'd invest the known amount of time needed to build a new image rather than invest an unknown number of hours trying to figure out what's wrong with the existing one.

Regards,
Kent
Old 27th February 2018, 04:59 AM   #14063
clmbmb is offline clmbmb
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPresbyope View Post
Sorry if I sounded snarky when I said "played". I constantly refer to my own work as playing or hacking and I forget how it might sound to others.

My Config > SEL page doesn't offer "On-board soundcard" as a choice so I'm confused.

As Tim said, manually editing configuration files creates problems. Many of them get modified by moOde based on values entered by the user and stored in the sqlite3 database /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db. Once the database and the configuration files get out of synch, it's difficult to get back to square one.

Ok, I wasn't sure and some folks get no sound because they've forgotten to set for their external DAC.

Candidly, I don't know at this point how to recover. Were I you, I think I'd invest the known amount of time needed to build a new image rather than invest an unknown number of hours trying to figure out what's wrong with the existing one.

Regards,
Kent
Well, after some fiddling around, I solved it by doing this:

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ mpc outputs
Output 1 (ALSA default) is disabled
Output 2 (ALSA crossfeed) is disabled
Output 3 (ALSA parametric eq) is disabled
Output 4 (ALSA graphic eq) is disabled
Output 5 (ALSA bluetooth) is enabled
pi@moode:~ $ mpc enable 1
pi@moode:~ $ mpc status
volume: 37%   repeat: off   random: off   single: off   consume: off
I don't have the error that there are no available outputs and the music plays.
Old 27th February 2018, 06:43 AM   #14064
HaLo6 is offline HaLo6  United States
diyAudio Member

Can Moode work via I2S to ESS Sabre9018?
Old 27th February 2018, 07:03 AM   #14065
DRONE7 is offline DRONE7  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

@ HaLo6
Yes...Currently using PiB (and Pi3) i2s a to Es9018 K2m. (Ebay and DiyinHK boards respectively)

Select 'Generic-2 i2s (rpi-dac)' in the drop-down list of i2s devices.
Old 27th February 2018, 08:09 AM   #14066
peps is offline peps  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Hi, first of all, thanks for the fantastic efforts on this project.
I'm new to the raspberry/computer world but got Moode running on a RPI3 with digi+ pro (hey, even discovered the VI command in unix to modify the mosbuild_worker.sh, how cool is that). And it sounds so good!
Now I try to figure out Moode but it puzzles me. Is there a tutorial somewhere?

For example: If I use airplay from the Iphone it works. If I stop the airplay and try to use a squeezelite session with iPeng it does not start immediatly. If I use firefox to select music it does not always work completely. So I think I don't understand what I'm exactly asking Moode and therefore things get tangled.
Old 27th February 2018, 11:10 AM   #14067
philrandal is offline philrandal  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
I'm afraid it would replace existing kernel with 4.9.80. Is there something specific in 4.14.y that u are using?

When I briefly tested 4.14.21 it seemed to break Samba mounts. I wasn't able to connect to my Route's Samba share :-0

-Tim
See my earlier posts about samba mount options.

4.14 will eventually become the default Raspbian kernel. The time to get things working with it is now.

No great problem, as long as it is noted in the release notes.

I'll just do an rpi-update after updating Moode.

Cheers,

Phil
Old 27th February 2018, 11:27 AM   #14068
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

I tried the mount options vers=1.0/2.0 and sec=ntllm in various combinations but no success. I agree that at some point the 4.14.y branch will be default but prolly not for quite a while.

I'll re-check in a few weeks.
Old 27th February 2018, 01:00 PM   #14069
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philrandal View Post
See my earlier posts about samba mount options.

4.14 will eventually become the default Raspbian kernel. The time to get things working with it is now.

No great problem, as long as it is noted in the release notes.

I'll just do an rpi-update after updating Moode.

Cheers,

Phil
Hi Phil,

Looking back through my notes and yes, adding the option vers=1.0 to the mount flags did in fact work for 4.14.y

Which option worked in your case?

I can always add vers=1.0 as a default.

-Tim

-Tim
Old 27th February 2018, 02:50 PM   #14070
philrandal is offline philrandal  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
Hi Phil,

Looking back through my notes and yes, adding the option vers=1.0 to the mount flags did in fact work for 4.14.y

Which option worked in your case?

I can always add vers=1.0 as a default.

-Tim

-Tim
I had to use

sec=ntlm, vers=1.0

Cheers,

Phil

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!