Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2018, 12:16 PM   #13951
BlackDuck is offline BlackDuck  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: at home
Tim,
I very carefully made a clean new install and after setting up my hardware but before adding NAS sources I installed the modified file you provided.

It does seem to have sorted the local display issue.

More on the disappearing library issues, this time all 3 shares scanned and appeared on the library pane in the web ui.
All was well until I used the "update folder" tool when all library content once again disappeared.

Interestingly, everything was still listed on the attached local display.

Thinking it might be a peculiarity of my OS or browser, I tried 3 other OS and different machines, none displayed the library contents.

Other issues were observed with the Web Interface, Internet Exploder does exactly that and shows nothing usable at all.
The system settings page button to expand the file system does not seem to be connected to any functional code.
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2018, 12:51 PM   #13952
BlackDuck is offline BlackDuck  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: at home
A subsequent note to the above, after a reboot, library page of the local display is also no longer populated.
All NAS files remain accessible via the browse page and its functions and are therefore playable.
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2018, 06:11 PM   #13953
airdronian is offline airdronian  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Is this in the library view? Can you post a screen? It sounds like the library arrays arenít getting populated correctly but if they are for your laptop then Iím not sure whatís going on as it uses the same code path, it just uses css, mostly, to make the output more mobile friendly.


Not currently.
Yes it is Library view. In the photo, towards the bottom right you'll see the Moode Audio logo which has been overlaid by an undefined track. This used to be on the bottom of that column. It would normally display album art if that was present. This is on an LG G3 smartphone.

Thing is, in 3.8.4 I would be able to touch the album art image and then select clear/play all (or words to that effect) and it would clear the current playlist and load all album tracks. Since this is being overlaid by a track info, I cannot load a single albums tracks at once. Which is bad news for me. Hoping that the album art frame can be relocated once again to the bottom.

For reference, I have another screen shot from my laptop which shows that the metadata for track name an number are present. I don't know why the are showing as "undefined" in version 4, because they used to appear in version 3.8.4.

Hope that explains sufficiently. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MoodePhoneLayout.jpg (90.0 KB, 289 views)
File Type: png MoodeAudioLaptopView.png (148.6 KB, 289 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2018, 07:39 PM   #13954
TheOldPresbyope is offline TheOldPresbyope  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Maryland, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDuck View Post
Tim,
I very carefully made a clean new install and after setting up my hardware but before adding NAS sources I installed the modified file you provided.

It does seem to have sorted the local display issue.

More on the disappearing library issues, this time all 3 shares scanned and appeared on the library pane in the web ui.
All was well until I used the "update folder" tool when all library content once again disappeared.

Interestingly, everything was still listed on the attached local display.

Thinking it might be a peculiarity of my OS or browser, I tried 3 other OS and different machines, none displayed the library contents.

Other issues were observed with the Web Interface, Internet Exploder does exactly that and shows nothing usable at all.
The system settings page button to expand the file system does not seem to be connected to any functional code.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDuck View Post
A subsequent note to the above, after a reboot, library page of the local display is also no longer populated.
All NAS files remain accessible via the browse page and its functions and are therefore playable.
@BlackDuck

I expect we'll hear from Tim about the updating issue.

Keep in mind that most of moOde's operations take place in its back-end code. If a back-end process breaks, then no front-end UI, whether local or remote, can get current information from it. The local Xserver is fooling you with stale information in its buffer. I gather you can't force it to refresh (not a touch-screen display?).

Can't say what's up with Internet Explorer. There's a rich history of IE doing its own thing.

I am perplexed that you don't believe the Root file system EXPAND button is operative. How did you build moOde and what is the line of text below the button?

The moOde 4.0 I just built using the direct process with the "Moode OS Image Builder" script says "File system has been expanded" [because that's one of the things Raspbian did during its first startup] but the button is still active. When I click it I get an "Expand root file system" popup with confirm and cancel options. Clicking "Confirm" initiates the FS expansion job (you'll see a popup to that effect in the upper righthand corner of the System Config screen) and moOde reboots. The same would occur had the text said "File system has not been expanded yet".

If you're not getting this popup and reboot then I believe something is wrong with your build. Did you check with "mosbrief" that the build finished successfully, e.g., the "// END" message appeared?

Regards,
Kent
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2018, 09:48 PM   #13955
rtaylor76 is offline rtaylor76  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Ok...

Can we please get two things...please!

1) An email update when there are updates to mOode.

2) The beginning of this thread should have a link to every update posted in this thread. Tim, I might can help with that, but it would still take some time to gather them all.

The reason why is when there is an update, it is one quick check to see what updates are needed and what was updated.

Here I am with mOode 4.0 Beta 12 not even knowing what has been going on since the beginning of January and everytime I click on Check Update in moOde, it says it is the most recent.
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2018, 10:04 PM   #13956
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member
 
TimCurtis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Metro-Detroit
Hi,

Just follow moOde Twitter feed. Thats where I post release and update info.

-Tim
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2018, 10:09 PM   #13957
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member
 
TimCurtis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Metro-Detroit
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdronian View Post
Yes it is Library view. In the photo, towards the bottom right you'll see the Moode Audio logo which has been overlaid by an undefined track. This used to be on the bottom of that column. It would normally display album art if that was present. This is on an LG G3 smartphone.

Thing is, in 3.8.4 I would be able to touch the album art image and then select clear/play all (or words to that effect) and it would clear the current playlist and load all album tracks. Since this is being overlaid by a track info, I cannot load a single albums tracks at once. Which is bad news for me. Hoping that the album art frame can be relocated once again to the bottom.

For reference, I have another screen shot from my laptop which shows that the metadata for track name an number are present. I don't know why the are showing as "undefined" in version 4, because they used to appear in version 3.8.4.

Hope that explains sufficiently. Thanks.
Hi,

Your mobile is showing the old UI which suggests stale Browser cache.

-Tim
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2018, 12:18 AM   #13958
airdronian is offline airdronian  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
Hi,

Your mobile is showing the old UI which suggests stale Browser cache.

-Tim
w00t !! Cleared caches, etc and it is now displaying the new format.

Looking good, and I like how it displays. I'm a happy camper !!
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2018, 09:56 AM   #13959
PIERRICK is offline PIERRICK  France
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: huttenheim
Hello,
I'm just a total beginner in Linux systems and Raspberry usage.
I've been trying to understand how to download an install Moode audio 4 on a raspberry pi3 with raspbian.
Is there somewhere a step by step guide to do that.
I could not find it anywhere.
There's also the solution of downloading an former version of Moode Audio.
Couldn't find any either.
So thank you in advance to anyone who could help me
__________________
Pierrick

Last edited by PIERRICK; 24th February 2018 at 09:57 AM. Reason: forgot a word
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2018, 10:04 AM   #13960
jonners is offline jonners  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
jonners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Gloucestershire
@PIERRICK

Here's a build guide: Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Earlier versions of Moode are not available.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Moode Audio Player for Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My DAC for the Raspberry Pi usul27 Digital Line Level 156 30th April 2017 12:10 AM
DSP for the Raspberry Pi usul27 Digital Line Level 39 30th August 2016 08:29 AM
Raspberry Pi + CirrusLogic Audio Card = FAIL solderhead PC Based 31 26th January 2016 07:48 PM
RaspyFi/Volumio - Turn raspberry Pi into Audiophile audio Player mikelangeloz PC Based 295 14th June 2014 06:32 PM
miniAMP and raspberry pi kp93300 miniDSP 0 3rd March 2014 04:38 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:53 AM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 14.29%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2019 diyAudio
Wiki