Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd February 2018, 09:25 AM   #13201
TheOldPresbyope is offline TheOldPresbyope  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisvv View Post
apologies but how you install moode now with no image?
@thisisvv

You have to build the image yourself. The instructions on moodeaudio.org have proved sufficient for folks familiar with the Raspberry Pi ecosystem but if you need more you can also have a look at @Drone7's nice post

The result is well worth the extra effort.

Regards,
Kent
Old 2nd February 2018, 09:33 AM   #13202
sinski is offline sinski
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPresbyope View Post
@thisisvv

You have to build the image yourself. The instructions on moodeaudio.org have proved sufficient for folks familiar with the Raspberry Pi ecosystem but if you need more you can also have a look at @Drone7's nice post

The result is well worth the extra effort.

Regards,
Kent
Maybe Tim could put this kind of howto on the webpage ?

This will be very usefull for any potential new moode audio users
Old 2nd February 2018, 09:40 AM   #13203
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onionhead View Post
Yes I did manage to get it to work with Safari.
Oh, man. I was a Norton man back in the day, but any vintage bike turns my head!
Old 2nd February 2018, 10:11 AM   #13204
Vogi is offline Vogi
diyAudio Member

Default Amplifier Switch

Hi Tim,

new UI looks great - I am still a bit afraid about the update, since I added the GPIO switches for my amps (Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi)

Are there any plans of you, to add this feature by default?

Thank you
Vogi
Old 2nd February 2018, 10:25 AM   #13205
clmbmb is offline clmbmb
diyAudio Member

UPDATE: I was complaining earlier that I wasn't able to build moode on my Raspberry Pi 2. It turns out I don't have one. It's a Pi B 1 with 256M RAM. I also have the variant with 512M of RAM on which I was able to finish the automated build without issues - it took almost 4 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddraspi View Post
I can confirm a similar observation on a 1st generation Pi B (not B+). Here are the last few lines from mosbuild.log

Another thing, I don't have any ttys available when I attach a console (TV over HDMI & a wireless keyboard). Is this intentional?

Thanks,
- DD
If you have the 256M RAM variant, this might be the problem. I managed to build it on the 512M one, as I said. I could try to build it on a different SD card on a USB adapter, but I can't find the adapter in the house. If I do it, I could create the image and share it.

=====

A different discussion: is there a way to build the image without some of the components? I think there are a lot of people who don't need the Local UI, which is pretty big in requirements. Also, at least in my case, Airplay (or what the apple thing is called) is not a needed component.
Old 2nd February 2018, 10:30 AM   #13206
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eparson View Post
I was able to get 4.0 up and running on my first attempt utilizing the script. What I have not been able to do is to get it to successfully connect to my FreeNas Server where all my music library resides. I am trying to connect via NFS utilizing the exact same settings and path that worked in 3.8 but still no joy. I also tried to connect via CIFS and the same thing. When I looked at the log it looks like it is inserting the word NAS to the mount path. Any suggestions?
@eparson

Just a friendly reminder that we are not mind readers.

The upper part of the NAS Source page requires five entries, not counting the choice of NFS vs SMB/CIFS. What information did you enter, exactly?

By "no joy", I assume that when you tried to save the settings you got the error message
Quote:
x Mount error: Click to view moode.log for message text
This can be caused, for example, by an incorrect entry in the "Remote directory" field (notably, by including a leading slash "/" in the share name) or by an unresolvable "Host or IP Address" field entry. Sadly, the error message in the moode.log is the same in both cases
Quote:
mount error(6): No such device or address
As @Serverbaboon says, you can't have "NAS" in the source name, but if you tried you would get a popup on save which says
Quote:
Source name invalid
NAS, RADIO and SDCARD cannot be used in Source name
I haven't run FreeNAS in years but I have no problem configuring moOde against both OpenMediaVault and MinimServer. I would expect the same with FreeNAS.

Because neither NFS nor SMB/CIFS are working for you, I wonder if you are pointing to the correct server host. Entering the symbolic hostname works fine for me on my network, but @Serverbaboon's comment about using the numeric IP address of his server is cogent.

Rather than trying to read through all of relnotes.txt before I've had my requisite fill of coffee, I'll let Tim comment on the possibility the transition from moOde r3.8 to r4.0 has caused your problem.

Regards,
Kent
Old 2nd February 2018, 10:38 AM   #13207
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmbmb View Post
UPDATE: I was complaining earlier that I wasn't able to build moode on my Raspberry Pi 2. It turns out I don't have one. It's a Pi B 1 with 256M RAM. I also have the variant with 512M of RAM on which I was able to finish the automated build without issues - it took almost 4 hours.
What was that old Sesame Street song? Oh, yeah, "One of these things is not like the other."

You could also try enabling swap (to a swap file; Google is your friend) but of course that would slow things down even more.

Glad you got it sorted!

Regards,
Kent
Old 2nd February 2018, 10:55 AM   #13208
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serverbaboon View Post
For Qobuz you can get the md5 checksum of your password from any Linux box by entering the below command , putting your password in. Note the -n so you don't get a CR hashed in. Its not great but makes me feel slightly better.

echo -n reallysecurepassword | md5sum
14128ce9d7573671f28e95987d19bd40

For Google App passwords try this link.
Sign in using App Passwords - Google Account Help

@Kent
Just realised that my still have not changed my password on this brand new build.

@FellowInstallers
Script worked fine for me, my advice for PI2 and PI3 is use wired connection to do the install and go and watch a movie or boxset. Stops you being premature in checking.
@Serverbaboon

Thanks for going the extra mile here. I've now read the Google explanation of App Passwords. It isn't clear how this would work against upmpdcli accessing the Google Play Music API but at least I have a point of reference.

And I heartedly endorse your recommendation to always build moOde using a wired ethernet connection.

Regards,
Kent
Old 2nd February 2018, 10:55 AM   #13209
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajj View Post
Follow up post
The porblem turned out to be the bluetooth option.
Do not turn the option on if you have the hifiberry Dac+ pro or it will cvarsh the system.
I had to disassemble the DAC form the rpi and uncheck the bluetooth speaker option and after a reboot, things were back to normal
Hi,

The oscillators on the DAC+Pro interfere with 2.4GHz WiFi/BT band.
WLAN driver not working correctly when using HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro * Issue #1588 * raspberrypi/linux * GitHub

I think Hifiberry has a new revision of the Pro that may fix this ugly issue. Contact them for support.

I'd be suspicious of any HAT board with oscillators (clocks).

-Tim
Old 2nd February 2018, 10:59 AM   #13210
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogi View Post
Hi Tim,

new UI looks great - I am still a bit afraid about the update, since I added the GPIO switches for my amps (Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi)

Are there any plans of you, to add this feature by default?

Thank you
Vogi
Hi Vogi,

Prolly not because the amp switcher is not a very common reqt but if I get bunch more requests for it then I'll have a look.

-Tim

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!