Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th December 2017, 12:10 PM   #11591
yannig is offline yannig  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgtc View Post
should be pi/raspberry
strange : does not work
login seems OK, but not the password
Old 6th December 2017, 12:16 PM   #11592
LeGoLarz is offline LeGoLarz  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yannig View Post
strange : does not work
login seems OK, but not the password
pi : moodeaudio
Old 6th December 2017, 12:24 PM   #11593
TheOldPresbyope is offline TheOldPresbyope  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
Hi,

Is there any interest in integrating RoonBridge renderer in moOde? If there is I'll need a few volunteers that use the Roon application to help test.

-Tim
All I know about Roon is what's in Roon Lab's "How Roon works" description. The user experience looks intriguing.

Is this integration analogous to what you did with UPnP support? We'll see another renderer stanza in moOde's Audio Config; when configured, moOde will become what the Roon description calls an "output", and a Roon "control app" will become our UI? What serves as the Roon "core" in this scenario? How easy will it be to switch back and forth between Roon and native moOde control?

Inquiring minds want to know

Regards,
Kent
Old 6th December 2017, 01:00 PM   #11594
flambeur is offline flambeur
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
Hi,

The DSP only applies to MPD output. I should probably indicate this on the Audio config screen to avoid confusion. Thanks for pointing that out :-)

I don't think REW output params will work correctly in the Parametric EQ. Aren't they designed for something like BruitFIR convolution filters?

Airplay does in fact support its own DSP but I have not explored that yet. Have a look at
/usr/local/etc/shairport-sync.conf

-Tim
Oh, yes! This is from the shairport conf:

Code:
//////////////////////////////////////////
//  This convolution filter can be used to apply almost any correction to the audio signal, like frequency and phase correction.
//  For example you could measure (with a good microphone and a sweep-sine) the frequency response of your speakers + room,
//  and apply a correction to get a flat response curve.
//////////////////////////////////////////
//
//  convolution = "yes";                  // Activate the convolution filter.
//  convolution_ir_file = "impulse.wav";  // Impulse Response file to be convolved to the audio stream
//  convolution_gain = -4.0;              // Static gain applied to prevent clipping during the convolution process
//  convolution_max_length = 44100;       // Truncate the input file to this length in order to save CPU.
Pretty tidy, actually... The filters would go into the the "impulse.wav" and things should work. I will try this out - let's see if REW can produce files which actually work.
REW filter do not have a master gain setting. But exporting the filters impulse response as wav has many settings (mono/stereo, sample rate, bit depth)... will play around...

If yes, then in my view it would be an additional selling point for moOde, if these could be part of the UI... But let us see...
Old 6th December 2017, 02:16 PM   #11595
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPresbyope View Post
All I know about Roon is what's in Roon Lab's "How Roon works" description. The user experience looks intriguing.

Is this integration analogous to what you did with UPnP support? We'll see another renderer stanza in moOde's Audio Config; when configured, moOde will become what the Roon description calls an "output", and a Roon "control app" will become our UI? What serves as the Roon "core" in this scenario? How easy will it be to switch back and forth between Roon and native moOde control?

Inquiring minds want to know

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent,

Thats my understanding after looking at the package. Its an audio renderer for their Roon client app. It would be integrated similar to Airplay, Squeezelite, etc.

When its on, moOde Playback panel would display "Roon Bridge" in the Time Knob.

I assume it probably doesn't have "before_session_start" and "after_session_end" event hooks like shairport-sync which means it hogs the audio output like Squeezelight and thus has to be turned off to release the output back to MPD/moOde.

-Tim
Old 6th December 2017, 03:41 PM   #11596
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onionhead View Post
I a MA'er but have taken a peek at Volumio just to see what it is all about. Couple of features I found on Volumio that are great. I am not trying to say these are a must have for MoOde, just wanted share my thoughts.

1. Radio search by country
2. Audirvana Plus allows me to select audio devices and Volumio is an option
@onionhead

1. I love exploring radio stations. I first came to moOde because it not only streamed stations but displayed station logos. I stayed for the quality of the output!

Adding a radio search feature in moOde seems doable with some moderate changes internally. Among other things, it requires an API to a third-party information server. Volumio appears to use Dirable (dirable.com) which charges a fee for their developer API-key according to their website. The RadioDroid app I have on my phone uses Radio-Browser (Community Radio Station Board) which has been mentioned on this list before. To quote from the maintainer, "This webservice can be used freely but without guarantee to work. I am keeping it online since more than 2 years now. But downtimes are possible and i am not always home to fix it " Who knows what its life expectancy is.

Neither server directly provides links to station logos so no nice artwork for the moOde Playback panel.

2. Isn't Audirvana Plus just using UPnP? moOde already has the ability to be a UPnP Renderer.

Regards,
Kent
Old 6th December 2017, 04:18 PM   #11597
diyAudio Member

Quote:
@onionhead

Neither server directly provides links to station logos so no nice artwork for the moOde Playback panel.

Regards,
Kent
I have to walk this comment back. I just installed a copy of Volumio to see what it does and I see station logos. Don't know yet how they get them.

Regards,
Kent
Old 6th December 2017, 05:19 PM   #11598
Serverbaboon is offline Serverbaboon  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I have to walk this comment back. I just installed a copy of Volumio to see what it does and I see station logos. Don't know yet how they get them.

Regards,
Kent
Does it use something like a Tunein API which would provide an image url for the stations as part of its json/xml response?
Old 6th December 2017, 06:07 PM   #11599
Serverbaboon is offline Serverbaboon  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serverbaboon View Post
Does it use something like a Tunein API which would provide an image url for the stations as part of its json/xml response?
There is stream finder API, not tunein
Old 6th December 2017, 09:08 PM   #11600
onionhead is offline onionhead  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
@onionhead

1. I love exploring radio stations. I first came to moOde because it not only streamed stations but displayed station logos. I stayed for the quality of the output!

Adding a radio search feature in moOde seems doable with some moderate changes internally. Among other things, it requires an API to a third-party information server. Volumio appears to use Dirable (dirable.com) which charges a fee for their developer API-key according to their website. The RadioDroid app I have on my phone uses Radio-Browser (Community Radio Station Board) which has been mentioned on this list before. To quote from the maintainer, "This webservice can be used freely but without guarantee to work. I am keeping it online since more than 2 years now. But downtimes are possible and i am not always home to fix it " Who knows what its life expectancy is.

2. Isn't Audirvana Plus just using UPnP? moOde already has the ability to be a UPnP Renderer.

Regards,
Kent
1.Exploring the wireless world is fantastic. If fees are involved that would nix that suggestion. Artwork seems to be there on my ipad.

2.Regarding Audirvana Plus - I can't speak intelligently about UPnP. Never knowingly used one in my life. All I can say is that somehow Audirvana Plus knows how to connect to Volumio. I can assure you it had NOTHING to do with any action on my part. It was like majic, it just happened. For if I had tried surely would have ended in disaster. If it is already built into MoOde beta 11 that is great. Will try to figure out how to get MoOde and with Audirvana Plus to play nice.

Tim

The folks on this forum have been really patient

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!