Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th November 2017, 08:26 PM   #10921
Alabama978 is offline Alabama978  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Dumb question probably but for an RPI3 if I want to run the latest Moode FOSS version is it still installed by the old method i.e. burn image to Micro SD and run from RPI3?

Sorry but been away from the thread for a while and then realised Moode has moved on a lot
Old 13th November 2017, 08:40 PM   #10922
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPresbyope View Post
Hi, Tim.

Some time ago, you and Mike (@Zootalaws) had an exchange about the number of jobs option. As I read it, you asserted that simply invoking make was sufficient to build on as many cores as possible.

I don't see this behavior during my current build of r40b8 on an RPi3B.
I've tried three options while observing top in another terminal:
  • make <- spawns one job on one core
  • make -j4 <- spawns four jobs on four cores
  • make -j <- keeps spawning jobs until the system becomes unresponsive

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent,

I'm glad I retested this. Looks like Coffee break not needed anymore for MPD compile, at least not when running it a Pi3!

pi@rp3:~/mpd-0.20.11 $ date
Mon 13 Nov 14:21:09 EST 2017
pi@rp3:~/mpd-0.20.11 $ sudo make -j $(nproc --all)
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/mpd-0.20.11'
pi@rp3:~/mpd-0.20.11 $ date
Mon 13 Nov 14:26:03 EST 2017
pi@rp3:~/mpd-0.20.11 $

I'll update recipe accordingly.

-Tim
Old 14th November 2017, 12:00 AM   #10923
TheOldPresbyope is offline TheOldPresbyope  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonners View Post
Good idea. I was following Tim's advice and had another coffee, but too many of those shortens my patience!
Yeah, well, I didn't have another coffee and in my befuddled state confused Phil with Mike in my response. Ok, so same number of letters, but still...

Regards,
Kent
Old 14th November 2017, 12:09 AM   #10924
TheOldPresbyope is offline TheOldPresbyope  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by koda59 View Post
Hi all,
i really (really ) enjoy Moode Audio ... so i spent some time to completely batch the build process with a raspberry PI running another OS (in my case, volumio ).

If someone want to try it ... i have uploaded a zip file with instructions and 2 install files.
In the zip you will also find 2 logs files with my last test of the process (theses are useless for the process ... it is just to show it was OK on my PI3)

Zip file is here : Uploadfiles.io - MoOde Automatic Install.zip

Tim feel free to use it ... i cannot mp you before posting ... your box is full
If you not agree with that, let me know i will delete this post.

Regards.
@koda59

This is very nice work.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Kent
Old 14th November 2017, 03:15 AM   #10925
onionhead is offline onionhead  United States
diyAudio Member

I am starting all over. Sorry for the inane questions. Previous attempt I was able to get to STEP 13 but was never able to perform initial configuration.

Using recipe 1.6. Question about STEP 1 OPTION 2 #8. Does net.ifnames=0 go on the beginning of the 1st or 2nd line. After completing OPTION 2 #1-9 will the Pi now be accessible via wifi or ethernet?

Is there a STEP 2?

Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 03:34 AM   #10926
Mars67 is offline Mars67  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onionhead View Post
I am starting all over. Sorry for the inane questions. Previous attempt I was able to get to STEP 13 but was never able to perform initial configuration.

Using recipe 1.6. Question about STEP 1 OPTION 2 #8. Does net.ifnames=0 go on the beginning of the 1st or 2nd line. After completing OPTION 2 #1-9 will the Pi now be accessible via wifi or ethernet?

Is there a STEP 2?

Thanks
You type "net.ifnames=0" right at the beginning of line 1 and then make sure that there is a space between this text and the existing text.

No. Step 3 is the next set of instructions in the recipe.

If you have followed either option 1 or 2 of step 1 your RPi should be available on either wifi or ethernet as long as you also created the wpa_supplicant.conf file with the correct credentials for your wifi network.
Old 14th November 2017, 03:36 AM   #10927
diyAudio Member

Hi Tim

The numbering of the steps in Recipe v1.6 can be confusing. Step 3 should actually be Step 2 and the rest also adjusted accordingly.
Old 14th November 2017, 03:42 AM   #10928
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
Thats cool. I'll make a note of this in the recipe.
Hi Tim

Here is a link to download Wind32diskimager that you can also consider including in the Appendix.

Win32 Disk Imager download | SourceForge.net
Old 14th November 2017, 04:20 AM   #10929
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama978 View Post
Dumb question probably but for an RPI3 if I want to run the latest Moode FOSS version is it still installed by the old method i.e. burn image to Micro SD and run from RPI3?

Sorry but been away from the thread for a while and then realised Moode has moved on a lot
Because the licensing model has changed you now need to build your own image. Some guys have already worked on automating the process if you find it daunting and it is only a matter of time before someone will provide a working image. You would probably just need to wait for the final release of Moode4.
Old 14th November 2017, 04:25 AM   #10930
diyAudio Member

Hi Tim. I took the liberty of adding a small set of instructions on how to make a backup image using a Windows PC to Build recipe v1.6 under the appendix. I also "fixed" the step numbering should you wish to do that and added the colon which was missing under step 13 (now step 12). "http://moode".

How can I email it to you so that you can check if you are happy with the proposed changes/additions?

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!