Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th October 2017, 08:34 AM   #10021
kaspersone is offline kaspersone  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Default Password on GUI and/or Shairport (Airplay)

Hi Tim & community,

I have a request for future updates, unless its already possible with some simple skills.

I have 2 RPIs running with Moode - The first 1 one running without issues. The 2nd one is in my office, connected to a WLAN with a lot of other devices/people. Yes the WLAN is protected, but still its shared with people who shouldn't be able to control my music

Password protecting the GUI. I don't think it will be an immediate problem, but it would be a lot safer for me, if it was possible to set a password on the moodeaudio GUI. They need to find RPI either with the IP or the name of RPI to connect anyway. The password dont need to be long or complex, simple 4 digits will be suitable. I've researched a bit on this, and as far as I can read its been possible in the past.

For the time being I just disabled Airplay - but I would really like the ability to use it - but without a password on it I won't! It's visible to every single device on the same network (supporting the protocol). The shairport protocol supports password (see here GitHub - mikebrady/shairport-sync: AirPlay audio player. Shairport Sync adds multi-room capability with Audio Synchronisation).

I'm just unable to find the correct place to set it manually.

The file located at : "/usr/local/etc/shairport-sync.conf" dont seem to reflect the settings set in the GUI - or am I wrong?

Thank you.

Regards
Old 13th October 2017, 12:01 PM   #10022
Zootalaws is offline Zootalaws  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaspersone View Post
Hi Tim & community,

I have a request for future updates, unless its already possible with some simple skills.

I have 2 RPIs running with Moode - The first 1 one running without issues. The 2nd one is in my office, connected to a WLAN with a lot of other devices/people. Yes the WLAN is protected, but still its shared with people who shouldn't be able to control my music

Password protecting the GUI. I don't think it will be an immediate problem, but it would be a lot safer for me, if it was possible to set a password on the moodeaudio GUI. They need to find RPI either with the IP or the name of RPI to connect anyway. The password dont need to be long or complex, simple 4 digits will be suitable. I've researched a bit on this, and as far as I can read its been possible in the past.

For the time being I just disabled Airplay - but I would really like the ability to use it - but without a password on it I won't! It's visible to every single device on the same network (supporting the protocol). The shairport protocol supports password

The file located at : "/usr/local/etc/shairport-sync.conf" dont seem to reflect the settings set in the GUI - or am I wrong?

Thank you.

Regards
I think this resolves your problem: https://github.com/mikebrady/shairport-sync/issues/510

But... I would like to have a password option, both for Moode config and for airport.

You can remove the link to the config pages by editing the link out of the main HTML page, but it would be nice if it was available as an option in the configure>general sub-page.

Maybe an option for ver.4.01?

Last edited by Zootalaws; 13th October 2017 at 12:03 PM.
Old 13th October 2017, 01:25 PM   #10023
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaspersone View Post
Hi Tim & community,

For the time being I just disabled Airplay - but I would really like the ability to use it - but without a password on it I won't! It's visible to every single device on the same network (supporting the protocol). The shairport protocol supports password (see here GitHub - mikebrady/shairport-sync: AirPlay audio player. Shairport Sync adds multi-room capability with Audio Synchronisation).

Thank you.

Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootalaws View Post
I think this resolves your problem: Shairport-sync Name * Issue #510 * mikebrady/shairport-sync * GitHub

But... I would like to have a password option, both for Moode config and for airport.

You can remove the link to the config pages by editing the link out of the main HTML page, but it would be nice if it was available as an option in the configure>general sub-page.

Maybe an option for ver.4.01?
Hi,

Using moOde password protected on workplace WLAN's seems like a pretty narrow usage scenario so unless I get more requests for it, adding pwd protect would be up to user.

Below is a simple recipe if u want to pwd protect the web root. As far as pwd protect Airplay just edit /usr/local/etc/shairport-sync.conf and uncomment the password param.

sudo sh -c "echo -n 'timcurtis:' >> /etc/nginx/.htpasswd"
sudo sh -c "openssl passwd -apr1 >> /etc/nginx/.htpasswd"
cat /etc/nginx/.htpasswd

sudo nano /etc/nginx/nginx.conf

Add the following two lines in the location block for the web root /
auth_basic "Restricted Content";
auth_basic_user_file /etc/nginx/.htpasswd;

location / {
root /var/www;
index index.html index.php;
try_files $uri $uri/ /coverart.php;
auth_basic "Restricted Content";
auth_basic_user_file /etc/nginx/.htpasswd;
}

sudo systemctl restart nginx

-Tim
Old 14th October 2017, 02:20 AM   #10024
diyAudio Member

Not so much workplace for me, as fiddling teens. Locking max volume down is one of my “get off my lawn” triggers

But yes, a narrow usage scenario...

And, a case of “do as I say, not as I do”, as I am beating the heck out of my system while the wife is out - saying goodbye to an old pair of speakers that are going to a new home tomorrow... letting my inner prof rock out for a run
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 81E0C433-189E-482A-8009-181F91179C31.jpeg (842.4 KB, 283 views)
Old 14th October 2017, 02:46 AM   #10025
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

ELP vintage :-) Crank it up and loosen some lightbulbs!
Old 14th October 2017, 04:22 AM   #10026
estshorter is offline estshorter  Japan
diyAudio Member

Hi, Tim

A horizontal scrollbar appears in the library view.
It doesn't in the browse and playback view.

Is it intentional?
I think it is useless as there is no sufficient room for the bar to move and it consumes
vertical space.

I checked it on chrome, firefox, IE and Edge browsers on Windows 10 in Japanese environment.
Attached Images
File Type: png moode.PNG (112.4 KB, 295 views)
Old 14th October 2017, 08:47 AM   #10027
unn4m3d is offline unn4m3d
diyAudio Member

Hi Tim and community,

First of all thanks a ton for all the effort and work everyone puts into this project.

I propose adding another mount option via webinterface: SSHFS

Right now, I set it up myself via SSH. On long-term it would be great to integrate SSHFS mounts into the Web GUI.

My personal usecase is that I access my music collection stored on a dedicated server via Internet in more than one physical location (two appartements and office).

Therefore, for me SSHFS is a much better choice than SMB/CIFS or NFS.

I guess I might be not the only one who would appreciate this.
Old 14th October 2017, 10:35 AM   #10028
suzywong is offline suzywong  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
ELP vintage :-) Crank it up and loosen some lightbulbs!
Tarkus?
Old 14th October 2017, 10:55 AM   #10029
FSpretzel is offline FSpretzel  Papua New Guinea
diyAudio Member

Default Terry-Berry DAC 2

Hallo Tim and community

Is it possible to use the new Terry-Berry DAC 2 under MoOde 3.8.4 via the IS2 interface? If so, which audio device description must be taken?

Thank you.

Best regards
Old 14th October 2017, 11:38 AM   #10030
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSpretzel View Post
Hallo Tim and community

Is it possible to use the new Terry-Berry DAC 2 under MoOde 3.8.4 via the IS2 interface? If so, which audio device description must be taken?

Thank you.

Best regards
Try the Mamboberry HIFI DAC+ setting.

It looks li,e a very interesting DAC. I don’t know whether you will be able to use all of its features until there is a native driver for it, but it should sound great.

My cousin is in PNG and he’s an audio head...I’ll PM you.

Last edited by Zootalaws; 14th October 2017 at 11:40 AM.

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!