Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th October 2017, 06:57 AM   #10001
Zootalaws is offline Zootalaws  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
Hi Mike,

My response was just a generic example of one aspect of Licensing. First and foremost both parties need to come to an agreement and there is no guarantee that will happen. For example the Licensor may for any reason not grant the license requestor permission, or the requestor may not want to agree to the terms. Generally. agreements that are mutually beneficial will happen :-)

There is also the scenario where the other party chooses to violate the License, usually to avoid terms that require paying the License holder a fee.

There is nothing new about moOde licensing. Its a license model thats as old as the hills. The proprietary parts of moOde are subject to the Moode License terms. The Open Source parts are covered by the GPL.

-Tim
Sorry, I thought I was reiterating and supporting your post, not disagreeing - two countries separated by a common language o.0

I agree, nothing unusual in your license at all, generous to a fault
Old 12th October 2017, 07:00 AM   #10002
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhond View Post
Keep up the good work
You missed out on being the 10,000th post by -this- much...

I prefer to think of this as page x9...
Old 12th October 2017, 08:25 AM   #10003
yannig is offline yannig  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
Hi,

All DSP has to be disabled and the audio device has to accept the sample rate being sent, then "bit-perfect" to the interface of the audio device.

- Volume control
- Resampling
- Volume normalization
- Replaygain
- EQ
- Crossfeed
- Crossfade

-Tim

exactly the configuration which sounds best (to my ears)
Old 12th October 2017, 09:07 AM   #10004
rhizomusicosmos is offline rhizomusicosmos  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundcheck View Post
Yep, that would be the way forward. The codec and the driver needs to be
patched. These are minor patches. I've done both. Only the codec patch got released so far though.
As I said. Hifiberry wasn't capable of reliably go >192k for all their models from what's been communicated over here in the past.
384k support rather sneaked in by coincidence!
Not sure, if they're willing to take the risk by introducing these patches! They might face numerous complaints.

Good luck with HifiBerry.

However.

If you seriously intend to listen to DSD/DOP material at quality levels,
I'm not really sure if these entry-level HifiBerry devices are the right choice!
Thanks, Klaus, for your valued input. It seems you have done a lot of work on this, much respect.

Daniel at Hifiberry responded very quickly to my request and said he will look into patching the driver, so we will see what repercussions follow from that.

I would prefer to listen to my SACDs on my quality multichannel SACD player but my little boy tends to treat the shiny discs as toys The RPi running Moode has allowed me to hide things away and now I only have to worry about him wanting to grab the mobile phone while I'm lining up some tracks to play . . .

I also have a USB DAC that handles DoP and I have that connected at the moment, so I'm not too inconvenienced. It's a Topping D30 based on an XMOS/CS4398 implementation.

Which brings me to a request to our illustrious leader: Tim, are you able to add a profile for the D30 to the DAC list, please?

Thanks,
Richard
Old 12th October 2017, 09:59 AM   #10005
sinski is offline sinski
diyAudio Member

Is it possible to have a "Bit Perfect" button ?

With one mouse click it will be possible to turn off Volume control, Resampling, Volume normalization, Replaygain, EQ, Crossfeed and Crossfade.

Last edited by sinski; 12th October 2017 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12th October 2017, 11:26 AM   #10006
heifisch is offline heifisch  Germany
diyAudio Member

It is not much work to make your player bitperfect. And donít you fiddle around until the sound is what you like?
Maybe a bitperfect indicator would be even nicer?
Old 12th October 2017, 11:31 AM   #10007
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinski View Post

With one mouse click it will be possible to turn off Volume control, Resampling, Volume normalization, Replaygain, EQ, Crossfeed and Crossfade.
Accidentally pressing that for many DACs could result in blown speakers...
Old 12th October 2017, 11:51 AM   #10008
sinski is offline sinski
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heifisch View Post
It is not much work to make your player bitperfect. And donít you fiddle around until the sound is what you like?
Oh, yes "bit perfect" indicator ( or ) with information "baloon" showing what should be turned off to reach it.
Old 12th October 2017, 11:54 AM   #10009
TimCurtis is online now TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhizomusicosmos View Post
Thanks, Klaus, for your valued input. It seems you have done a lot of work on this, much respect.

Daniel at Hifiberry responded very quickly to my request and said he will look into patching the driver, so we will see what repercussions follow from that.

I would prefer to listen to my SACDs on my quality multichannel SACD player but my little boy tends to treat the shiny discs as toys The RPi running Moode has allowed me to hide things away and now I only have to worry about him wanting to grab the mobile phone while I'm lining up some tracks to play . . .

I also have a USB DAC that handles DoP and I have that connected at the moment, so I'm not too inconvenienced. It's a Topping D30 based on an XMOS/CS4398 implementation.

Which brings me to a request to our illustrious leader: Tim, are you able to add a profile for the D30 to the DAC list, please?

Thanks,
Richard
Hi Richard,

Sure, I can add that :-)

-Tim
Old 12th October 2017, 11:56 AM   #10010
TimCurtis is online now TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heifisch View Post
It is not much work to make your player bitperfect. And don’t you fiddle around until the sound is what you like?
Quote:
Oh, yes "bit perfect" indicator ( or ) with information "baloon" showing what should be turned off to reach it.
Hi,

It's an interesting idea. I'll have a look.

One challenge is that its not possible to know ahead of time whether the bit-depth and sample rate being sent to the audio device will actually be accepted by the device. For example MPD/ALSA may zero-pad the bit-depth or resample the rate to values the audio device accepts.

-Tim

Last edited by TimCurtis; 12th October 2017 at 12:17 PM. Reason: eta

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!