Cambridge Azur 640H

Can anybody help, I have recently got hold of a cambridge 640h music server but it is not working,may be hdd problem.I have managed to get a 640h blaster disc with operating system on from richer sounds but i can not get it to load in the server can it be done in a pc using windows xp and if so how.any help would be appreciated. thanks brian.

Cambridge Azur 640H musc server

I have one of these sorry music servers. It hangs all the time and I've had it replaced once and repaired once. I wish I could figure out how to get my lossless uploads off of its drive, so I might use them elsewhere.

However, to your question:As I recall you only need to attach a keyboard to the deice, then insert the blaster. In my case, the device was hanging, so there were instructions on how to open cd tray with paperclip (hole near bottom). There are instructions that I probably still have that could be scanned and emailed. In my case, the unit had hung up and the option I needed was to install new software and update music database. There were other options, so try to get the instructions. my email is mholl1023@bellsouth.net.

The operating system in the 640 is windows 98, so they specified that the external HD must be fat 32 W98, without the software that makes it work with W(*. I had one HD that used to work with it and could never get another to recognize the external HD. It was crazy that Cambridge put this on the market in 06 with such limitations.

Hello from germany,

some time ago i updated the disk in a 640H with a bigger one. I've used a linux system with a 1 to 1 copy program to clone the complete disk.

There are two partitions on the harddisk. The first is about 2 Gbyte containing the OS. The 2nd. partition is for the music. If you remove the disk from the server and put it in a USB case, you can save the music files easily.

Unfortunally, i do not have the old disk any more...

The mainboard is a VIA Board, Mini- ATX, you can put more power to the system if you upgrade the memory to 1 Gbyte. If i remember right, there are 256 Mbyte on board...

I guess if you check ...bay- actually there are some used systems and a harddisk upgrade available - and no, these are no offers from me::D

good luck
Michael

Cambridge 640H Music Server Blaster CD

I have the blaster CD from April 2007 update v02.01.81 and instructions. However, the CD case and the instructions both warn not to put the CD in a PC. I assume that it had a launch app in it that will damage the PC.

I am happy to share the CD contents, if there is a way to safely do this. I am not tech savvy, so I do not know how to work around this problem.

Otherwise, I see where someone in thread obtained one from the warranty service company, as noted above

Good luck!

I have a Blaster CD with v 02.01.81 on it and the instructions. However, the instructions warn never to put the CD in a PC. Therefore, I do not know how to copy it. I have had to use it several times t unfreeze the 640H, s I do not want to let go of it. If anyone knows how to copy it without damaging my PC, I may be willing to try.

Got it done

You can tell windows to disable autoplay, that will stop it from launching the embedded code which Cambridge is concerned about.

There's a number of different ways to do this, depending on your OS version.

This details each method: How to Enable /Disable Auto play in CD/DVD drives and Removable drives | Dell New Zealand

I was able to create the disk image of the Blaster CD and have placed it in a Dropbox with a copy of the instructions. If anyone wants it, send your email and I will share the folder with you.

I was able to create the disk image of the Blaster CD and have placed it in a Dropbox with a copy of the instructions. If anyone wants it, send your email and I will share the folder with you.

Hello,

If you can please share this file that would be greatly appreciated.

My 640H also gets stuck in the initialization stage and I hope updating the software might help.
mgx.concept at yahoo.com

Thanks !