Archphile - An Archlinux Based Audiophile Distribution for Raspberry Pi and Udoo Quad

Hello and thank you.

here is the message when I want to create the pack, it's a mystery to me!

[root@archphile ~]# cd /usr/local
[root@archphile local]# ls
bin games lib librespot.service PKGBUILD share
etc include librespot.conf man sbin src
[root@archphile local]# makepkg -Si
==> ERROR: Running makepkg as root is not allowed as it can cause permanent,
catastrophic damage to your system.

==> ERROR: An unknown error has occurred. Exiting...

never ever work as root in linux, except in some rare situations.

add your user to group wheel and sudoers group:
Code:
su
Code:
gpasswd -a username wheel
Code:
EDITOR=nano visudo
Code:
visudo
uncomment the line

Code:
 %wheel ALL=(ALL) ALL
Strg-O (save) ; Strg-X (exit)

move your pkgbuild away from /usr/local , users dont have rights to write there - only root.
Code:
mv PKGBUILD ~/home/user
and execute
Code:
makepkg -Si

Hi, I've just succeded to add another user than root on Archphile but no finished the proposal by Flexus.

Am I the only one to have problems withe the current spotify connect included in Archphile 0.99.73 alpha? (on my RPI3 I can connect my spotify apps -android and windows- but when I select a song or a playlist nothing happens: the song that was already loaded remains unchanged and the reading doesn't start).

Thanks.

Am I the only one to have problems withe the current spotify connect included in Archphile 0.99.73 alpha? (on my RPI3 I can connect my spotify apps -android and windows- but when I select a song or a playlist nothing happens: the song that was already loaded remains unchanged and the reading doesn't start).

Thanks.

No, I've similar problems. Spotify is unusable at the moment and switched to my fallback system with an up to date Librespot.

I tried several times to compile Librespot in Archphile but always ended with a broken system.

Yesterday I replaced the Librespot binary with the version from Moode 5.2.
That seems to do the trick for me on my RPi2 (more or less). I can skip tracks and switch from playlist to playlist again, but hear some pops and clicks between tracks. However that might be a dac issue.

Hi all, Archphile is superb!
Unfortunately I have pops&clicks issues by DSD-direct playback on my audio-gd R-1 DAC. It uses Amanero combo 384 as USB Interface. I tried both dsd-direct and dop modes: the result is the same. It is definitely not a problem of the DAC - volumio (based on debian jessie) is pretty fine with my DAC. I prefer Archiphile for better customization capabilities and SACD functionalities (like SACD-iso support) support, but the pops&clicks are blocker...
Do you have any idea?
Thanx already!

Yesterday I replaced the Librespot binary with the version from Moode 5.2.
That seems to do the trick for me on my RPi2 (more or less). I can skip tracks and switch from playlist to playlist again, but hear some pops and clicks between tracks. However that might be a dac issue.

Hi all,

Can you please explain how you succeded to add moode Librespot binaries in Archphile, I'm strongly interested as I would like to try the same!

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Can you please explain how you succeded to add moode Librespot binaries in Archphile, I'm strongly interested as I would like to try the same!

Thanks in advance.

Stopped using Archphile. Even with the Librespot binaries from Moode, the installation is not stable in my system. I would recommend to install Spotifyd over Librespot. See Rune form for a detailed description: Spotify Connect on RuneAudio : Raspberry Pi - Page 3 • RuneAudio Forum

I switched to Raspian and myMPD and added Spotifyd. This does the job for now.

Hi all, Archphile is superb!
Unfortunately I have pops&clicks issues by DSD-direct playback on my audio-gd R-1 DAC. It uses Amanero combo 384 as USB Interface. I tried both dsd-direct and dop modes: the result is the same. It is definitely not a problem of the DAC - volumio (based on debian jessie) is pretty fine with my DAC. I prefer Archiphile for better customization capabilities and SACD functionalities (like SACD-iso support) support, but the pops&clicks are blocker...
Do you have any idea?
Thanx already!

I have the same problem on Archphile with DSD files (and SACD also) on the Ian's DAC from the latest group buy (dual ES9038Q2M). Volumio plays DSD fine. Did you try DSD files before adding SACD capabilities to Archphile?