Archphile - An Archlinux Based Audiophile Distribution for Raspberry Pi and Udoo Quad

Hi all,

Just to let you know that latest 0.99.73 alpha images for the Raspberry Pi and Odroid C2 are up:

Archphile 0.99.73 alpha images are up! - Blog - Archphile

The manual was also updated to version 0.12 in order to be fully compliant with the new images.

If you want to be informed immediately about Archphile, please join the Archphile Announcements Telegram Channel.

Last but not least, if you enjoy Archphile and you want to help me keep it alive, please donate via PayPal or BTC using the link or address on the right side of archphile website.

Greetings,
Mike

Last edited:
Hi all,

Just to let you know that latest 0.99.73 alpha images for the Raspberry Pi and Odroid C2 are up:

Archphile 0.99.73 alpha images are up! - Blog - Archphile

The manual was also updated to version 0.12 in order to be fully compliant with the new images.

If you want to be informed immediately about Archphile, please join the Archphile Announcements Telegram Channel.

Last but not least, if you enjoy Archphile and you want to help me keep it alive, please donate via PayPal or BTC using the link or address on the right side of archphile website.

Greetings,
Mike
Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for the update. I like the additional Squeezelite. I'm still running LMS on my server (and keep it up-to-date for Synology users). The kids still have 2 Squeezebox Radio's, and now I'm able to switch between MPD and LMS on my main system.

Squeezelite and switching between Librespot and MPD works fine here.
You could rule out the Server_IP in squeezelite.conf (which I did) because Squeezelite tries to find the server automatically, and does in most cases.

Also you could add the -R and -r options to the config to add some filtering or upsample. Although this might not match with your philosophy ;-)

Anyhow, working great so far!

Greetings,

Martin

Hi Martin,

thank you very much for your feedback!

Please see below some comments on your post:

- It's not the first time I provide packages for squeezelite. In fact, the presence of SERVER_IP (set to localhost) remained from an old Archphile configuration where I used to provide a set of instructions for a combo of squeezelite/LMS on the same board.

The reason I kept it (now that an LMS package is not offered by Archphile), is because I know people having multiple LMS servers at home and they need to use this option to select the server they want to use each time.

- I will add -R and -r if all of you squeezelite users give me some feedback!

You can send me an email with your suggestions, or even better fork Github playground repository and send me your changes back! This is the currently used conf:

playground/conffile at master * archphile/playground * GitHub

Feel free to modify and send me back so that next package is enriched with additional configuration.

I have to clarify once again that I am not a squeezelite user and that this package was given to the community to test and play around.

This is also stated in FAQ section of the manual:

- I just read that you support squeezelite. This is great news!

Squeezelite is included for testing purposes only. Archphile is and will be an MPD based distro. If you want to get the most out of squeezelite, I highly suggest you to install piCorePlayer.
Thanks again for your feedback.

Greetings,
Mike

Last edited:
I have created a GitHub repository focused on Greek Archphile users:

GitHub - archphile/AthensFMRadios: .pls files for most of Athens (Greece) FM Radios - most of them are GARBAGE - use at your own risk!

This repo includes the majority of Athens FM radio stations. In order to get further information and install them in Archphile, please visit my blog:

pls files for Athens (Greece) FM Radio stations

I have also updated the manual to include the link above.

Please note that these pls will not be installed by default in future images.

Greetings,

Mike

I'm trying to use Archphile as my network player because I've using MPD for a long time running it on a very old PC. Now I want a smaller device which doesn't intrude to much in my living room.
I've been reading the last version of the manual and I found there that Archphile can map a networked Windows drive by editing fstab.
I need to know if mpd in Archphile is able connect to a "remote" Windows drive by using the user-mode sintax: smb://usr:pwd@machine/folder in mpd.conf

I'm using it in my own mpd and it works fine. I tried the fstab option before but it often freeze the machine if the remote drive becomes "lost"...mostly due to a broken wifi connection.

Ok. Thank you for your fast reply.
I'm sorry but Archphile is not for me then.

No Prob.

However, you can try enabling the first server line of /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist and then give a:

Code:
pacman -Sy mpd ffmpeg
This way you will install official archlinuxarm package. You won't have archphile anymore, but I assume that this way you will be able to use smbclient via your custom mpd.conf.

Greetings,

Mike

No Prob.

However, you can try enabling the first server line of /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist and then give a:

Code:
pacman -Sy mpd ffmpeg
This way you will install official archlinuxarm package. You won't have archphile anymore, but I assume that this way you will be able to use smbclient via your custom mpd.conf.

Greetings,

Mike
Thank you Mike.

My idea was to use archphile with your custom setup which looks really good.

Anyway, please think about to include the smbclient option in your mpd configuration. I guess it is better option than a kernel mode driver because it never blocks the system if the shared drive fails to get ready and just reconnects again as soon as it can or keeps failing but the system is always responsive. And sure, it can be activated by editing mpd.conf or just use any other configuration you choose.

Greetings.

Understood, but I prefer various different library resources:

- usb disks
- NAS mount points
- webradios
- etc..

to be under a single MPD library location:

Code:
/var/lib/mpd/music/
Ahhhh...OK. I understand your configuration now.

However I might enable the smbclient configure option only for the mpd-archphile package.
It would be nice!!.
Perhaps I should explain my own configuration and the need for smbclient support:
The PC where the music resides is a Windows machine which is normally turned off when I'm not working on it. My current player allows me to turn the Windows PC on by using wake-on-lan if I want to listen to my music collection, but I can keep it turned off if I only want to listen to any web radio.
That's all the mess with me.

Thank you Mike.
Greetings.

So I recently got myself a Topping D50 dac to play some DSF files. I enabled DoP with the latest Archphile distro, however the output on the Topping displays as PCM. If I played the same file on Moode with DoP, the dac displays DSD. I'm wondering if this is due to the ALSA version on Archlinux cos it seems to work with Raspbian.