Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Archphile - An Archlinux Based Audiophile Distribution for Raspberry Pi and Udoo Quad
Archphile - An Archlinux Based Audiophile Distribution for Raspberry Pi and Udoo Quad
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th July 2019, 01:20 PM   #351
miksi is offline miksi  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Tried sacd/dvda part of a archphile, still have little noise on DSD it doesn't matter whether is sacd iso or dff,dsf files.
Tried core isolation also... Regular archphile (no sacd) plays dsd files very good, I would say better than other distributions.
Old 4th August 2019, 04:19 PM   #352
Darjus is offline Darjus  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darjus View Post
If someone cares about enabling bluetooth on Archphile, here are the steps. It was done with external USB bluetooth dongle, as from RPI 3+ bluetooth sound was choppy. But if you still wish to try onboard bluetooth chip you need just to include these 3 steps, otherwise pass them

Code:
1. pacman -U https://github.com/RoEdAl/alarm-blue...any.pkg.tar.xz
2. Remove the attachment of /dev/ttyAMA0 (/dev/ttyS0 in mini-UART version) to the console from /boot/cmdline.txt
3. add dtoverlay=bcmbt to /boot/config.txt
So the code for bluetooth with USB dongle:
Code:
 1. [very important step] nano /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist 

(uncomment Server = http://tardis.tiny-vps.com/aarm/repos/2018/05/26/$arch/$repo , 

comment #Server = http://mirror.archlinuxarm.org/$arch/$repo )

2. nano /boot/config.txt (uncomment audio DAC)
3. nano /etc/mpd.conf -> mixer_type from “disabled” to “software”
4. reboot
5. pacman -S libical
6.  pacman -S bluez
7. pacman -S bluez-utils
8. pacman -S bluez-libs
9. reboot
at this point bluetooth should be running and you can test by:
Code:
10. systemctl start bluetooth.service
11. bluetoothctl 
    a) list (should show bluetooth chips connected, if you have USB dongle inserted, like Controller 00:15:83:EE:37:A8 archphile [default])
    b) power on
    c) discoverable yes  [now you should scan and see Archphile on the phone/pc bluetooth devices]
    d) exit
now software for installing bluez-alsa:
Code:
12. pacman -S binutils
13. pacman -S libfdk-aac
13. pacman -S sbc
14. pacman -S git
15. pacman -S autoconf
16. pacman -S automake
17. pacman -S gcc
18. pacman -S pkgconfig
19. pacman -S make
 20. pacman -S fakeroot 

or 
pacman -S base-devel (enter)
Creating new user and installing package bluez-alsa
Code:
12. useradd -m -G users -s /bin/bash archie
13. nano /etc/sudoers -> add this line “archie ALL=(ALL) ALL”
14. cd /home/archie
15. su archie
16. wget https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.g...lsa-git.tar.gz
17. tar -xf bluez-alsa-git.tar.gz
18. cd bluez-alsa-git
19. makepkg
20. pacman -U bluez-alsa-git-1.4.0.r34.g0c5d9fc-1-armv7h.pkg.tar.xz
you can check bluealsa now:
Code:
21. bluealsa (if no errors ctr+c)
22. killall bluealsa
23. bluealsa -p a2dp-sink &
24. bluetoothctl 
    a) power on
    b) scan on
    c) [find address the devices you want to connect in the form of xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx and copy it] scan off
    d) pair xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx [your device code , paste it]
    e) connect xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx [now on the phone you should see that its connected for audio streaming, keep in mind that volume was set to 100%]
    f) exit
25. bluealsa-aplay 00:00:00:00:00:00 [now you should be hearing music through RPI if you streaming lets say from android phone to which you connected]
you can also trust device for future auto connection. You could connect to arhcphile without any need to open bluetoothctl
Code:
26. trust xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
yeah i know its lengthy procedure. It should take an hour or so to install, but at least not 4 days as for me to figure it out.

Another issue that its not auto-pair auto-connect for new devices. If i'll find the way will update the post
well basically there are few to auto connect/pair/trust bluetooth devices without a need to login through SSH. One is based on bluez-tools, however i found it quite unreliable when needed to reconnect to devices. For that reason i just wrote few automation scripts with expect to manipulate ‘bluetoothctl’ . I don’t know whether someone is interested in making bluetooth on their archphile, but here are the steps.
Its taken into account that one followed the steps in quoted message. this part is only for connecting pairing heedlessly to bluetooth devices.
FIRST way:
Code:
 1. pacman -S bluez-tools
2. nano /root/bluethooth.cfg
    a) paste: 
    b) ctrl + x
    [1234 its a pin code for device connection and can be any number]
3. cd /home
4. nano launnch_autopair.sh
    a) paste: 
#!/bin/bash
systemctl start bluetooth.service
bt-adapter --set Powered 1
bt-adapter --set DiscoverableTimeout 0
bt-adapter --set Discoverable 1
bt-adapter --set PairableTimeout 0
bt-adapter --set Pairable 1
killall bluealsa || true
bluealsa -p a2dp-sink &
bt-agent -c NoInputNoOutput -p /root/bluethooth.cfg -d
bluealsa-aplay 00:00:00:00:00:00 &
    b) ctrl + x
5. nano stop_autopair.sh
    a) paste:
#!/bin/bash
killall bluealsa-aplay || true
killall bluealsa || true
killall bt-agent || true
    b) ctrl + x
and then just to create Raspi buttons on the phone, something like “bluetooth start -> bash /home/launch_autopair.sh”
“bluetooth stop -> bash /home/stop_autopair.sh”
and use it for starting and stopping service

SECOND way

and then the same: create remote raspberry buttons something like “bluetooth start -> bash /home/launch_autopair.sh”
“bluetooth stop -> bash /home/stop_autopair.sh”
and use it for starting and stopping service

[pin code in first.exp, to change it: nano /home/first.exp and change pincode numbers without removing “\r”]

hope this helps for someone

Old 5th August 2019, 05:06 AM   #353
diyAudio Member

Spotify on arch nowadays tend to be easy way to get. A year or 2 ago when i’ve tried it happen lot of waste of time and no spot running. With spotifyd its very straightforward.

download and install spotifyd
Code:
1. cd /home
2. wget https://github.com/Spotifyd/spotifyd...6-19-armv6.zip
3. mv spotifyd /usr/bin/
create config file
Code:
4. nano /etc/spotifyd.conf
    a) paste: 
# ~/.config/spotifyd/spotifyd.conf
[global]
username = USER
password = PASS
# password_cmd = command_that_writes_password_to_stdout  # can be used as alternative to `password`
# use-keyring = true                                     # can be used as alternative to `password`
backend = alsa                                           # run `spotifyd --backends` for possible values
#device = alsa_audio_device                               # run `aplay -L` for possible values
# control = alsa_audio_device                            # device for the #mixer, if not the same as 'device'
#mixer = PCM
#volume-control = alsa                                    # or alsa_linear, or softvol
# onevent = command_to_run_on_playback_events
device_name = Archphile             # must not contain spaces
bitrate = 320                                            # or 96, or 320
cache_path = cache_directory
volume-normalisation = true
normalisation-pregain = -10
    b) change USER and PASS to your spotify username and password
    c) ctrl+x
now you should check whether its working you can check it by entering and trying to connect:
Code:
spotifyd --no-daemon
create service
Code:
5. cd /usr/lib/systemd/system
6. wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Sp...otifyd.service
7. systemctl start spotifyd.service
enjoy, pretty good sound quality.
if you can connect, but hear no sound -> play with config file, uncomment and change device,mixer,volume-control. Maybe that will solve the issue

Last edited by Darjus; 5th August 2019 at 05:09 AM.
Old 13th August 2019, 10:54 PM   #354
djedje7676 is offline djedje7676
diyAudio Member

Hello and thanks for these command lines that helped me to have a working spotify installation.

However I have a noob question: I use a Hifiberry Dac+ Pro, I set mixer to "hardware", spotify is working, internet radio are working but I have no volume bar on ympd, volume is always at 100% (nevertheless volume slider works in spotify application). Does someone know how to fix this?

Thank you
Old 14th August 2019, 06:06 AM   #355
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djedje7676 View Post
Hello and thanks for these command lines that helped me to have a working spotify installation.

However I have a noob question: I use a Hifiberry Dac+ Pro, I set mixer to "hardware", spotify is working, internet radio are working but I have no volume bar on ympd, volume is always at 100% (nevertheless volume slider works in spotify application). Does someone know how to fix this?

Thank you
Well I am not sure whether you can control through software volume without mixer as "software", but also there is some problem with ympd volume control. In my case too - i didn't find it. Mympd has volume control, try it

myMPD packages for Archphile 0.99.73 alpha - Archphile

Old 14th August 2019, 07:04 AM   #356
DomieMic65 is offline DomieMic65  Greece
diyAudio Member

By default the sw volume is disabled in Archphile.
I guess you have seen page 10 of the manual: 4.3: Software/Hardware mixer.
I wouldn’t mess with it in order to keep bit-perfect playback for my local files and use the Spotify volume just for Spotify if I wanted to control it though sw.

I know very little about Linux just pointing to something very obvious that sometimes we may miss.
Old 14th August 2019, 03:33 PM   #357
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomieMic65 View Post
By default the sw volume is disabled in Archphile.
I guess you have seen page 10 of the manual: 4.3: Software/Hardware mixer.
I wouldn’t mess with it in order to keep bit-perfect playback for my local files and use the Spotify volume just for Spotify if I wanted to control it though sw.

I know very little about Linux just pointing to something very obvious that sometimes we may miss.

Well its a bit philosophical discussion.
Information is obvious but the difference not so much. I believe without high-end dac, amp and speakers, and lossless format hardly someone will hear the difference. And definitely not from compressed audio like Spotify source.

Old 14th August 2019, 05:30 PM   #358
DomieMic65 is offline DomieMic65  Greece
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darjus View Post
Well its a bit philosophical discussion.
Information is obvious but the difference not so much. I believe without high-end dac, amp and speakers, and lossless format hardly someone will hear the difference. And definitely not from compressed audio like Spotify source.

Yes I agree...

Archphile - An Archlinux Based Audiophile Distribution for Raspberry Pi and Udoo QuadHide this!Advertise here!