Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Archphile - An Archlinux Based Audiophile Distribution for Raspberry Pi and Udoo Quad
Archphile - An Archlinux Based Audiophile Distribution for Raspberry Pi and Udoo Quad
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th October 2018, 04:29 PM   #281
DomieMic65 is offline DomieMic65  Greece
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomieMic65 View Post
Thank you!
I just saw your reply ..
Kazoo installed and I will test it as soon as I get back home!

I donít know what I am doing wrong but canít make kazoo see Archphile!
I donít see option to add server in settings.
Old 14th October 2018, 07:43 AM   #282
freeplay is offline freeplay
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I donít know what I am doing wrong but canít make kazoo see Archphile!
I donít see option to add server in settings.

Yes, latest update of kazoo is flaky. Now I can't even connect to Archphile. Here's a better DLNA app call Lumin

LUMIN on the App Store

This app is so cool. You can even perform keyword search for Tidal songs (if you have tidal setup in /etc/upmpdcli.conf) Other apps only allow you to browse recommended playlists and do not have keyword search functionality! Not even Kazoo. Also one more thing.. for radio stations, you need to edit upmpdcli.conf. If you scroll the config file you will see radio stations like this

[radio FIP autour du rock]
url = http://direct.fipradio.fr/live/fip-webradio1.mp3
artUrl = http://www.fipradio.fr/sites/all/the...fip_header.png

You can add your own. artUrl is not required.

Unfortunately this is a UPNP/DLNA app just like Kazoo and does not support MPD. So you need to enable upnp

To start it:
systemctl start upmpdcli

To enable it:
systemctl enable upmpdcli

I wish there's an ios app that has BOTH UPNP and MPD.
Old 14th October 2018, 07:47 AM   #283
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I don’t know what I am doing wrong but can’t make kazoo see Archphile!
I don’t see option to add server in settings.
Short answer to your issue -> you need to enable upmpdcli which is not enabled in archphile by default

From the archphile manual:

With upmpdcli, Archphile acts as a UPNP/DLNA renderer that can be used with various applications, like for example bubbleupnp.

Upmpdcli is not enabled by default. In order to start it you will need the following command:

systemctl start upmpdcli

If you want to enable it so that it runs after every boot:

If you later change your mind and you want to disable it, you can use the following command:

systemctl disable upmpdcli
Old 14th October 2018, 07:49 AM   #284
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeplay View Post
Short answer to your issue -> you need to enable upmpdcli which is not enabled in archphile by default

From the archphile manual:

With upmpdcli, Archphile acts as a UPNP/DLNA renderer that can be used with various applications, like for example bubbleupnp.

Upmpdcli is not enabled by default. In order to start it you will need the following command:

systemctl start upmpdcli

If you want to enable it so that it runs after every boot:

If you later change your mind and you want to disable it, you can use the following command:

systemctl disable upmpdcli
Thanks a lot!
I will try..
Old 14th October 2018, 07:56 AM   #285
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Thanks a lot!
I will try..
I had the wrong impression that the radio stations were from my webradio folder. When you enable UPNP and connect using kazoo or lumin, you will see pre-added radio stations. To add your own, you need to edit /etc/upmpdcli.conf and add them as I mentioned in previous post. This is also the file to add your Tidal subscription.
Old 14th October 2018, 11:55 AM   #286
diyAudio Member

Well after reading more carefully what you wrote I will stick with MPDeluxe and Soundirock. I have them both.
Since I do not need upnp enabled I think there is no need for doing it just for a client no matter cool it looks.
I prefer to have the least services running.
I used to have upmpdcli enabled when I was using Archphile as an output for Audirvana Plus but now I use it stand alone.
Thank you very much for the useful tips though.
Old 21st October 2018, 06:06 PM   #287
Dave Bullet is offline Dave Bullet  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Bullet View Post
Does anyone know if alsa-equal (Equalizer) works (not necessarily supported) on v0.99.73? Has it been removed from the playground repo?
The short answer is yes. I sorted it myself with enough googling.

The key is to not upgrade any packages, but install packages matching the versions at the time of the ArchlinuxARM build that is used under archphile (v0.99.73 ~ 22/5/18). I found an archive on line.

With all of that installed, I was able to download the OLD playground package source and make and install alsa-equal.

I then added swh-plugins - which gives a 15 band equalizer.

Then made and installed the alsaequal-mgr - a bash script driven utility to allow saving and loading of equalizer settings on the fly.

Now I am going to write a script to monitor MPD track (actually folder level) changes and load an appropriate equalizer for those harshly engineered tracks I like

I'll post up the process to get the above working and also the script if anyone else is interested.

Note: With all the above - you are not using hardware therefore losing bit-perfect playback. This is noted in the manual.

Below is a screenshot of alsamixer with ALSA configured to use the swh-plugins mbeq equalizer.
Attached Images
File Type: png mbeq on archphile.png (73.1 KB, 26 views)

Archphile - An Archlinux Based Audiophile Distribution for Raspberry Pi and Udoo QuadHide this!Advertise here!