Help with PC based loudspeaker system, ground up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
CopperTop, good point. I am in full agreement on what can be done with good drivers, some DSP and probably some test equipment (I like REW + mic + etc.). I've not tried a "true" multi-way speaker system, but using no more than REW and a MiniDSP and some fiddling I get in-room response of my ridiculous sub (Sonotube with a 12" woofer caulked at one end) and of my Bose 901 (II) ... reasonably close to my house curve. Long live DIY! For the rest of audiophiles, they can have have their concerge arrange to have a new system installed in the audio salon of the estate :)

One thing I like about the vererable Bose 901 is that by design it needs an active EQ. Nearly half a century on, technology has put in the hands of the common man power (DSP EQ) undreamed of by the [cue ominous music] evil master Dr. Bose and his henchmen in the castle on the Mountain, when they first incarnated the Bose 901 that would set out to rule the audio world [maniacal laughter in echoy room] :darkside:

Or something like that. :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.