Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Nice new install

To match my audioset I looked for the best sollution (with cd, silver and looks).
I bought a second hand mac mini 2009 with 4Gb for 30 euro’s. Installed Daphile on a SSD I had laying around (uefi + guid). Swapped the hdd for the ssd and got it up and and running in no time.

Very pleased with the result. Silent, cool and beautiful. But most of all dedicated audioplayer.

This forum is rather quiet. I hope it is not dead...
Just installed Daphile (because of issues with Vortexbox). Installation is succesful.
But I have a Windows PC with 2 TB !) of music, which I want to import. Yje drag-and-drop interface of the filemanagerpart of Daphile-browser interface does not work with more then a couple of files (431 error).
Big question for me: how do I get my 2TB of music files into Daphile?????

Please help!

This forum is rather quiet. I hope it is not dead...
Just installed Daphile (because of issues with Vortexbox). Installation is succesful.
But I have a Windows PC with 2 TB !) of music, which I want to import. Yje drag-and-drop interface of the filemanagerpart of Daphile-browser interface does not work with more then a couple of files (431 error).
Big question for me: how do I get my 2TB of music files into Daphile?????

Please help!
Go to settings, storage and set the addresses of your remote libraries. Check the installation guide for the various formats.

Daphile on a mac Mini

Hello everyone,
As some of you have managed to do, as far as I read the past posts, I managed to install Daphile on an old macMini (mid 2011)
It is rolling with 4GB RAM and two 1TB hard disks. Pretty satisfied so far.

However, I had to move some place else recently and I've been wondering if I can access my Daphile library from the internet, creating some kind of address only I know. I'd like to keep the macmini at the weekend place, plugged to the ethernet (and stereo system), but also keep it available when I'm in town, eventually using BubbleUPnP (or any other solution) to listen to it remotely on my headphones.

On the same LAN, I already configured it to function as renderer and server. Just I want to try the next step, making it WAN accessible.

Thank you all in advance :)

Any tips on using brutefir?
I use Daphile primarily with headphones and this site (GitHub - jaakkopasanen/AutoEq: Automatic headphone equalization from frequency responses) has impulse response files for many different types of headphones.
Basically what I'm wondering is which sample rate should I be using? I do have music at all different sample rates, and wonder how should I pick the best impulse file - use the highest rate my DAC accepts? The lowest rate of my files?
Just listening to a single album is a no brainer, but what about shuffling songs?

Any tips on using brutefir?
I use Daphile primarily with headphones and this site (GitHub - jaakkopasanen/AutoEq: Automatic headphone equalization from frequency responses) has impulse response files for many different types of headphones.
Basically what I'm wondering is which sample rate should I be using? I do have music at all different sample rates, and wonder how should I pick the best impulse file - use the highest rate my DAC accepts? The lowest rate of my files?
Just listening to a single album is a no brainer, but what about shuffling songs?

Haven’t used it in long time but I think you can load filters for each sampling rate. If not, a possibility would be to set Daphile to resample everything to a set rate and have the filters for that rate.

Regards
Alejandro

If there is a way to use multiple files (other than L/R) I haven't found it.
I overlooked the fact that when I selected fir, Daphile switched to a fixed sample rate rather than maximum.
ATM, my fir files are 96000, so I have the Daphile rate set for the same. I'm not sure if the sample rate is set to anything different (eg.192000) if it will resample both the music and the fir.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hello everyone
happy user of Daphile (64bit-non RT-beta versions) since 2015 on various platform and through a lot of interfaces ESI@Julia SPDIF, USB Tenor, TAS1020B, Xmos208-216, Xingcore U30 to feed various DAC, it's always work seamlessly.

Could someone tell me what are [R, I, F] letters standing for in Advanced Settings, File Types.

Thks

Attachments

• Daphile_Advanced_FileTypes.jpg
    Daphile_Advanced_FileTypes.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 319
Any way to dual boot Daphile

Hello
I am on the latest 64 bit Daphile on a Wyse D10D0.
I would like to dual boot it with a copy of Puppy Linux. The only reason for this that every time one of my favorites changes it is difficult to add the correct icon for the stream. The URL is not difficult to change but not the composition of the line in favorites.opml.
I normally have to boot the Wyse from USB into Puppy.
Is there any way to install Puppy onto a partition on flash and get it to boot into either.
Help appreciated.
Thanks
thyristor44

PS what is the password to ssh daphile via a terminal.

Last edited:
Hello
I am on the latest 64 bit Daphile on a Wyse D10D0.
I would like to dual boot it with a copy of Puppy Linux. The only reason for this that every time one of my favorites changes it is difficult to add the correct icon for the stream. The URL is not difficult to change but not the composition of the line in favorites.opml.
I normally have to boot the Wyse from USB into Puppy.
Is there any way to install Puppy onto a partition on flash and get it to boot into either.
Help appreciated.
Thanks
thyristor44

PS what is the password to ssh daphile via a terminal.
password: zaq

Hello again
Have you a link to Beta downloads. The only links I can find are on facebook and I don't use facebook.
Thanks
check out here:

for more information/help: https://www.daphile.com/download/FAQ.txt

for betas: Index of /firmware/beta (latest version are at the bottom; hover over the names (i.e. https://www.daphile.com/firmware/beta/daphile-21.10-b171106-x86_64.iso) to find the right one you want to install)

This FAQ-text might be useful if you want to upgrade or install the beta-version:

Daphile may be "upgraded" to any specific version at http://<IP-address or hostname of your system>/cgi-bin/Devel. Users have to copy the download link of the version as text to input field besides the Install button and press Install to process.

best of luck :)

check out here:

Daphile may be "upgraded" to any specific version at http://<IP-address or hostname of your system>/cgi-bin/Devel. Users have to copy the download link of the version as text to input field besides the Install button and press Install to process.

best of luck :)
Thanks again MSHAVS
I will try and upgrade but if not will reinstall with one of the Beta versions.

using multilibraries on a single lms

I just want to say thank you for this excellent software, it's really the best way to listen to music

My question is, since I have a very large music collection, consisting of mp3s, 16 bit flacs & multichannel & hi def flacs & dsds, I want to know if I can somehow
1) create more than one library, say one for mp3s only, 16 bit flacs only, hi def music only & also multichannel audio only while still using only the one system (a very old, low powered Acer H340 Easystore with lots of drives & music)
2) add more running instances of lms to facilitate those libraries
3) use the easystore as one library, and link to other devices (say another older dell Optiplex 7020 linking to files on the Daphile share, but allowing the Daphile to run without such large libraries that tends to tax the Atom 230 in the Acer while rescanning

I like using the Acer because it's low power and usually leave it on all the time whereas, would prefer not to leave many devices on all the time, only turning them on when I want to switch to other file types, say high def files on their own,

I should mention that I have various squeezelite devices and even various amplifier/speaker combinations I listen to. So, say keep the hi def music for playback through a pi based spdif output to DAC and keep another pi based dac hat for playback of mp3s over computer speakers and say another receiver based audio system to take multichannel over hdmi to multichannel speakers

I hope I explained my question well enough that you know what I'm asking
Thank you