Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

using the Youtube plugin is explained in Daphile, in short; 'it's a nuisance'. I agree that YT sound quality is not that bad, Spotify sounds far too plasticky even at it's highest settings.

Just returning to LMS via daphile. Deezer sounds better than Spotify for a not too expensive service. There may be better options for higher bit rate/quality now but for price and reasonable sound and selection I found it a great option.

John

final installation fails

Hi,
I struggle to install Daphile on a USB stick. I can boot from from the .iso and have the live system running and also can "install" Daphile on a 2nd USB from there but this USB-drive never boots.
Tried it on two different computers with different options (Bios, UEFI) but no success, the USB seems not bootable.

Any ideas?

latest Daphile 64 RT kernel +Amanero = no native dsd option

Hi ,
as in topic - i can't set "native dsd" option ... only "dsd to DoP " is available...

amanero with latest firmware .... what is wrong ?
it was me , sorry - wrong firmware... now i've got 768kHz / native dsd512 automatically.... :)

Last edited:
Hi,
I struggle to install Daphile on a USB stick. I can boot from from the .iso and have the live system running and also can "install" Daphile on a 2nd USB from there but this USB-drive never boots.
Tried it on two different computers with different options (Bios, UEFI) but no success, the USB seems not bootable.

Any ideas?

did you format the USB stick to become bootable?

Potentially dumb question...

I've been using Daphile for a few years and have burned most of my CDs into FLACs on an internal SSD....running Daphile on an Intel NUC.

How can I export/copy my FLAC files from the daphile computer to another computer? ..or to a USB stick/USB HDD?

I've searched here but haven't found the answer...seems simple enough...

Potentially dumb question...

I've been using Daphile for a few years and have burned most of my CDs into FLACs on an internal SSD....running Daphile on an Intel NUC.

How can I export/copy my FLAC files from the daphile computer to another computer? ..or to a USB stick/USB HDD?

I've searched here but haven't found the answer...seems simple enough...
- Simple way but not effective use the file manager. ( fail with large colection and compression is painful.)
- Second way use share [ you need to go to the setting in General tick file server and then in storage and for the folders of your internals drive you can tick share on the right ]
- With beta firmware use winscp to connect and transfert.

In settings I've ticked RW and share for both the internal SSD containing the FLACs and the USB stick....USB stick shows up in file manager but shows a faint padlock....

Can copy, but can't paste. I can drag, but folders won't drop.
Did you ticked file server in general ?
Did you mounted the daphile share on your local computer using \\<daphile>\Share ?
Next, you should plug the receiving usb drive on your computer and do the file transfer from the share to the usb drive.