Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

You do not need to download the iso, you can directly past the iso url (http:... or file:/// ) and then install.
Beta location : Index of /firmware/beta

see sample : Pasteboard - Uploaded Image

How have you accessed those extra options in the firmware/settings shown in your screenshot ?
I run the latest beta and it's not showing here....scratches head :)
Edit....figured it out....overlooked the obvious...

Last edited:
Hello I am new here and found this fantastic Daphile.
But something changed while i installed it again. There used te be a 'shut off xxxx player' and it is gone.
I use two squeezboxes and the daphile server itself as a player.
version 20.12-i486 on a hp mini 1.6 Ghz atom
Where can i find the option to shut down a player without shutdown daphile totaly.

Where can i find the option to shut down a player without shutdown daphile totaly

See attached image (not sure this is what you are looking for).

Attachments

• Daphile_20210119_120057.jpg
    Daphile_20210119_120057.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 249
device list

Where can i find the option to shut down a player without shutdown daphile totaly.
You should go to the device list bottom right of the AudioPlayer page
You can attach devices to Daphile server and you should have an over "button" to turn off player. This is only valid to attached devices !
See following picture:
Daphile-Device.jpg
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
@mrMac... you've not told us much about your setup so here goes with plenty of guesses and assumptions....

1)assuming you're using samba.
2) in the Daphile storage tab first select any previous attempts you have made trying to setup OMV acces, delete (remove entry) them, then reboot and return to the storage tab.
3) Select 'Add New' and choose cifs
then enter your username for the OMV samba account,the OMV server name, and the folder that you have selected to serve.

would look something like this..
cifs://Mac@MyOMV.local/Music

replace Mac MyOMV and Music with your own.
Reboot and see that you get the green tick.. :)

Big assumption is that you know your way around OMV and have it set up and tested connecting to other clients ?

Attachments

• daphile.jpg
    daphile.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Windows can see the shared drives and I can also see the drive I set up for my name but didn’t manage to get logged in as the music account (one I plan to use for daphile) but assume it was just way I configured it as could see mine and my other half’s fine and got the r/W access for each of us in drives I was supposed to.

Music was set up identically to my share account and other half’s so can’t think it’s wrong, made a folder, made a user shared folder and gave the users r/W and checked it in the permissions tab.

Like I say will try with the .local in place tomorrow and maybe then on smb logging on omv see if says anything useful in log if doesnt connect.

So assume CIFS://Music@HOMESS.local/Music

I did already try Music@192.168.0.15/Music and it just stayed with a red x on daphile screen.

Have deleted all nfs and smb setups so will try again with private switched so guest will work r/W turned on and see if works without user info.

Then can see where I go from there.