Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

@DRONE7:
No debugging info.
Daphile (rt latest version) on Laptop and Jriver27 (shared key) on fanless Nuc.
At first, Daphile's output to Jriver well, then (15-20 minutes) no sound, while Daphile still displays Jriver as Player, I can change song from Daphile then song's name in Jriver changed respectively, but no sound (and seems no playing on Jriver). Daphile keeps working normally. Without UPnP Daphile, Jriver does well too.
Thank you so much.
p/s: ... command line output ?? No

Hi DRONE7, I've tried 20.11 Version (b101707) and installed with the same way as other previous versions, but no any sound! However, Jriver imports and plays music in Hard disk attached to Daphile laptop (flac and dsd only, others types converted to *.l16 and could not be played)
I did not use root password (and don't know how).
Many thanks.

My system is a NUC, Pentium, 8Gb RAM, Pink Faun HEA I2S bridge to a Metrum DAC, using RJ45 ethernet cable for I2S. Ethernet cable tested and working.

Daphile running latest beta version, it runs, detects the correct audio device yet no data flow to the DAC and therefore no sound. My DAC works, I just disconnected the other I2S feed but seem unable to get this one working.

The I2S bridge is connected via the M.2 slot, and is detected by Daphile, tracks are playing.

Anyone who knows more about this setup, is there a mute button/toggle somewhere?

Mixer settings:
all ticked on, using just front, all switched off, makes no difference.

Anyone here with a hint?

Last edited:
FYI. Many thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201203-133225_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201203-133225_Chrome.jpg
    637.1 KB · Views: 243
  • Screenshot_20201203-133518_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201203-133518_Gallery.jpg
    861.4 KB · Views: 269
HI there,

Thanks for your support!

The device is selected and showing in the lower right corner, in my experience so far if the device does not work or is not installed tracks do not play.

I just checked, everything is working perfectly with my previous setup; NUC connected via USB to singxer SU1 connected via HDMI to a LVDS to RJ45 convertor into the Metrum RJ45.
triplechecked the ethernet cables and those are fine too.

See attached screenshots of my settings

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-03 080049.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-03 080049.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 311
  • Screenshot 2020-12-03 075819.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-03 075819.png
    317.2 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
For those who are interested I have finally got the new machine running thanks to the help of Kipeta - father of daphile. The sound is magnificent and a big improvement on my i5 9400. Sound is noticeably clearer across all frequencues. I find I can upsample dsd256 to dsd512 with 17 (?) threads and NO stuttering. Memory peaks at 5gb

Pcm is also improved although I still prefer DSD upsampling.

Also if anyone is looking to build a new computer I strongly suggest you look at the amd zen 3 range of CPUs. A noticeable improvement on intel. It will be interesting to see the hqplayer comments

Would you mind sharing the details of the build?

Thanks,
-Josh