Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Hi ABD
I'm no expert but did your friend install Daphile from a USB stick rather than onto your PC's hard drive? If so you'll need to select 'boot from USB' in the boot options with the relevant USB attached whenever you reboot your PC...
Hope this helps...
D
I checked and when he installs Daphile on the old HDD it restarts with no problems, but not on the SSD.

Hi all, I have a NUC with 1 Tb SSD with my music and the last version of Daphile installed but have no internet connection in the place where it is sitting. I do have a network switch in place and a laptop to control Daphile. I could use my cell as acces point connected to the control laptop. Everything worked A-OK until my internet router was moved to my new address.

Question is; How can I get to control the Daphile NUC from the laptop both connected via a switch?
Will this work or do I need to get internet working to access the set?

(a good side effect of my ISP messing up the move to a new address is that it SHOULD still work in the previous house)

Hi there,

I’m using Daphile since nearly 6 years and went to many corners of this software (buffers, upsampling, brutefir, multiroom, various plugins from LMS,...). My audio & video setup had grown around Daphile and I still like it as much and despite the atrocious UI.

Since this time, I’ve changed many parts of my setup including computer and Dac and few weeks ago I tested again the “Play from Ram” feature for the fun even if it doesn’t change anything, it’s painful to use and it’s not compatible with large playlists or big shuffle across the library. Sadly, it does something in my current setup, not much maybe 3% or 5% in sound quality but it’s still there…

I don’t have the faith to screen nearly 400 pages of diyaudio and the search system couldn’t help me.
- Is there someone who found a solution to use this feature for large/larger playlist or any way to refill the ram from time to time?
- I’m still using an internal HDD, does someone in the same situation went to a SSD or a NAS and managed to convince himself it was enough of an improvement to let go on the “Play from Ram” feature.

Thank you by advance,
Any help appreciated.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Yes, it will work but you need attached screen, monitor and mouse or a touch-enabled kiosk with drivers in the kernel of the version you're installing (not tested by me). But from what I know, first boot always defaults to network access mode. You can log in with your phone into the interface and turn on the Local UI.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

Some help would be appreciated. I have just returned from a week away. Before leaving, I shut down both two servers. Each server has the latest version of Daphile (as of about 9 days ago). Neither will boot up properly, and both hang on the "Waiting for Network Connection" screen. My house router is working fine (internet and cable TV are up and running) and the powerline adapters I use to connect the router to each server are also working properly.

Has anyone seen this before?

Regards,
Scott

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hey Scott

Have you tried resetting everything by unplugging from power for a couple minutes.
Unplug router/modem, power ethernet adapters, and servers for couple minutes.

Two servers is not a high sampling, but since both are experiencing the same issue, it's possible it's their network connection.

Vince

Folks:

Some help would be appreciated. I have just returned from a week away. Before leaving, I shut down both two servers. Each server has the latest version of Daphile (as of about 9 days ago). Neither will boot up properly, and both hang on the "Waiting for Network Connection" screen. My house router is working fine (internet and cable TV are up and running) and the powerline adapters I use to connect the router to each server are also working properly.

Has anyone seen this before?

Regards,
Scott

Yes, I'm seeing this too with the latest beta version (20.08-b040759), but only on one out of 3 or 4 times. Usually the network connection is re-established if I turn the computer off and on. It's annoying, but I'm hoping it will get ironed out soon.