Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Hello everyone,

I have been using daphile on Intel NUC, very happy with it.

I need your help in configuring browsing through Album.

for example Album -> select ("Guru") album -> shows ("All album by artist" ) -> again I have to select album "Guru" -> it shows all songs in "Guru" album.

What I want is simple
Album -> select ("Guru") album -> it shows all songs in "Guru" album.

Thanks.

Thanks for such a wonderful audio storage, playback and radio system! Mine is running off a USB stick - so far, the only OS I've encountered that can install itself over the .iso on the same stick! And the make a new installation on another drive button (Imagine if Microsoft did that) I used it to get a second system up and running identically in about 10 minutes.

I've a couple of questions -

- The system rescans everything on every boot. Can this be turned off?

- The path to music files entry only works if I leave it blank. If I type in something like "Users\Joe Jasniewski\Music" to help it out, it sees nothing. Blank, it scans the whole "C:" drive. What's the right way to put a Windows files system path in this control? (I wish I could've simply browsed for the path...)

- They key to making it usable (for me) was the inclusion of the Brute FIR with the graphic EQ that allowed me to shelf my rising response speakers. I only have Brute turned on for one audio output device, but on reboot I have to re-select it as the output device I want to use, in order to adjust Brute. It automatically plays through the last used device which is great - even though that device isnt what's shown as selected - after reboot. How do you make a particular output device selection stick through reboots?

- I was looking at the power management part and it looks like you can turn off every chip in the host computer. I'd certainly like to turn off the graphics card when running Daphile, so I checked the one box by the AMD graphics card it found. Did this actually do anything after saving changes?

- Is there a "Equalizer APO" equivalent for Linux, that can run with/under Daphile? I'd like to run more plug-ins than are available for Logitech. There's a VST plug-in multiband compressor I'm able to trick into expansion and I think something like this may be indispensable (given further listening), which kicks me back to the Windows based LMS system - and burning the graphic card for as long as I listen.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Daphile 19.01 3rd party plugins - Ladspa host

Hi,

I just installed Daphile and it works great with my Cambridge Dacmagic Plus. However I have 2 question:

1. My DAC supports up to 192khz yet if I leave the standard settings in Daphile, it won't "recognize" the frequency correclty of the files being played. For example, a standard 16 bit mp3 file (44.1khz) will play as 48khz (as seen on my DAC) and a 24 bit FLAC - 192khz file will play as a 88.2khz file (???) What is going wrong here? By default, I have the following settings:

Audio processing: only if native rate is not supported
max sample rate: HW limit: 192.000hz

If I change the former to: resample PCM to max rate, ALL files (incl. mp3) will send out 192khz signal to my DAC, not sure if this is the way to go?

Second question, and probably one that will let me decide to look at other HD audio-distro's is the following:

- I always used audacious on my former distro and I was able to load a LADSPA host as a plugin, and then use rubberband pitch shifting plugin on top of that but with Daphile I cannot add this at all? Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I like Daphile but it lacks full control of the owner, like even a terminal isn't there? I always used AP-linux but unfortunately V4 is broken and I cannot update the system and cannot install any packages...

Download the iso, mount, un-squashfs the file with root partition. If you can add the install the package, squashfs again, write the newly updated file back to the iso, then you can add your package.

Many thanks. I will definitely try that but to be honest, I am not an experienced Linux / terminal user. Could you please give a little bit more clarity on how to do that?

So, before asking too quickly (I hate that ;)) I assume I must do the following:

- Download the ISO -> daphile-19.01-x86_64 (done)
- Right click the ISO -> open with Archive mounter (done)
- unsquash the file with root partition -> this is where I get stuck, could you please give me some more detail about how to do this? and which file? the .img in the ISO?

- Install the rubberband package -> the page I was referring describes rubberband package as a library, not sure how to install it.

- squashfs it again and write the ISO again and then I can install the package using the WebGUI?

Many thanks in advance.

Download the iso, mount, un-squashfs the file with root partition. If you can add the install the package, squashfs again, write the newly updated file back to the iso, then you can add your package.

Many thanks. I will definitely try that but to be honest, I am not an experienced Linux / terminal user. Could you please give a little bit more clarity on how to do that?

So, before asking too quickly (I hate that ;)) I assume I must do the following:

- Download the ISO -> daphile-19.01-x86_64 (done)
- Right click the ISO -> open with Archive mounter (done)
- unsquash the file with root partition -> this is where I get stuck, could you please give me some more detail about how to do this? and which file? the .img in the ISO?

- Install the rubberband package -> the page I was referring describes rubberband package as a library, not sure how to install it.

- squashfs it again and write the ISO again and then I can install the package using the WebGUI?

Many thanks in advance.

HELP ... Network storage issue

HI Folks...

Is anyone having the issue where daphile reboots (either on purpose of a power outage) and ALL the network storage addresses get lost causeing a wipe of the LMS library?

I'm running Version 19.07 ... seems to not have anything to do with version number. THis issue has followed through the last 5 or 6 both on the beta and the stable release.

THanks

Tim

Great system

Wow! I stumbled on Daphile after looking into Euphony and SnakeOil. I liked SnakeOil, but had some problems I could not overcome. Euphony worked, but I am not interested in paying that kind of money for just software.

I found Daphile and intalled it after struggling with other offerings.

Daphile installed flawlessly in my HTPC previously running Windows 10 and JRiver. Within a few minutes I had installed Daphile in my hard drive and was sending SPDIF output to my pre/pro. So far, great sound and the system works like I want for a music server.

I have not been able to get HDMI to work, but sound over Toslink is perfect. Looking forward to working with the system.

I wish I had found this years ago.

Internal Drive Access Denied

Hmmm. First major stumbling block. I have an internal drive that contains all the music. LMS added the drive just fine and sees the music. However, the drive, all files and folders within that internal drive are locked. I cannot add or modify anything in that drive either through LMS or via the network share.

Any help would be appreciated.

Drive is in the ntfs file system.

In the Storage menu, check the box RW so that is READ and WRITE.

I wish that would work! It was the first thing I tried. I have done the following:
-Reinstalled the system
-Unchecked RW on both the boot drive and the other internal drive. The other drive (the problem child) is in ntfs.
-Re-booted many times with and without RW checked.

No luck on getting the ntfs internal SSD drive to unlock. It works fine with windows, but Daphile cannot unlock it. The drive with Daphile on it locks and unlocks as expected with no problems.

Grrrrr.