Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Thanks, does the updates of the Spotify App only comes when I update the Daphile's firmware or Spotify app updates automatically from using Daphile?
There is a difference between Spotify and Spotty; the first is the app on devices while the latter is the plug-in for LMS/Daphile which acts as a bridge to Spotify. Spotty will update when the plug-in is updated by the developer and, if you have enabled automatic updates of plug-ins, it will update without without any actin by you, apart from restarting Daphile afterwards.

What when wrong?
1st time
I was able to enable Spotify and YouTube apps on the Daphile and get the Icons to appear on the My Apps subsection.
Using the Apps
After using them for a while I got problems with using the Daphile s/w and have to reset the player preferences.
2nd time
I was able to get back Daphile working again and enable both Spotify and Youtube apps and able to get the music tracks to appear by using through the playlist I registered earlier but the both ICONS are missing from my MY Apps subsectioin, why? any suggestion please?

There is a difference between Spotify and Spotty; the first is the app on devices while the latter is the plug-in for LMS/Daphile which acts as a bridge to Spotify. Spotty will update when the plug-in is updated by the developer and, if you have enabled automatic updates of plug-ins, it will update without without any actin by you, apart from restarting Daphile afterwards.

Thanks that helps.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I use Intel I7-8550U 8GB RAM 512GB SSD 1.8GHz and have short cutoffs when upsampling to DSD512 and also with native, can be I don't have enough power? Daphile is configured to upsample all to DSD512, when lowered the upsample all to DSD256 can play native DSD512 with any issue.

Other people used the new version reporting good results: Amanero card now supporting DSD native Amanero card now supporting DSD native * Issue #12 * lintweaker/xmos-native-dsd * GitHub

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I have no blast of static or anything crazy tought, just dropouts and sometimes needs a lot of time to start the song. Attached Daphile settings.

Attachments

• Daphile setting 24-02-2019.png
    Daphile setting 24-02-2019.png
    597.2 KB · Views: 441
  • Daphile setting power 24-02-2019.png
    Daphile setting power 24-02-2019.png
    889.8 KB · Views: 429
Thanks for your feedback and good idea. Actually I had thought about something like but never bothered to implement it. I'll try to have some kind of solution in future.

BTW. Many Media Server crashes happen when one tries to use unetbootin installed "Live" Daphile USB with large music library. In this case the space runs out from the DaphileData storage and that causes the crash (and vicious loop). "Live" Daphile reserves only 128MB by default for the internal databases (can be increased with unetbootin "Space used to preserve..." option).

Has this issue been resolved as it seems I have a similar problem as I have trouble accessing the advanced media server webpage and the media server continually crashes and will not re-scan .

I have a 4TB hard drive that is 75% full and since installing DSF files it has crashed continually and it absolutely hates storing DSF in the RAM drive and it is a definite crash after doing this .

Has this issue been resolved as it seems I have a similar problem as I have trouble accessing the advanced media server webpage and the media server continually crashes and will not re-scan .

I have a 4TB hard drive that is 75% full and since installing DSF files it has crashed continually and it absolutely hates storing DSF in the RAM drive and it is a definite crash after doing this .

Fantastic Player by the way especially when used with 2 PCs .

Are there any recommendations on how to use dual PCs I have just selected server and player as well as selected the server to decode and resample . Should the UPnP bridge be used for dual PCs would really appreciate an answer Kipeta .
Using Daphile on two PCs with one as server and the other as client should work without any other protocols. It does for me.

Daphile: the problems keep stackin up

I have been using Daphile for sefverla years. No problems.
SUddenly it started to "hang" on finding music players (ALthough I did not change DAC's or anything).

In the end, I though: lets's reinstall Daphile.
reinstallation went fine. But.... Murphy was not about to go away.

Now my PC can not connect to the shared Music directory.
("No acces to \\DAPHILE").

This ia a double problem:
1. Of course I can not transfer music (using the webinterface Filetrasnfer is not reliable anough for 2TB transfer of usic files...)
2. My PC has some policies on it (becaus I want to use it for work): It does not allow connection to external fileshare (even on own privat network) without password.

Can anybody help??? I am stuck

I have been using Daphile for sefverla years. No problems.
SUddenly it started to "hang" on finding music players (ALthough I did not change DAC's or anything).

In the end, I though: lets's reinstall Daphile.
reinstallation went fine. But.... Murphy was not about to go away.

Now my PC can not connect to the shared Music directory.
("No acces to \\DAPHILE").

This ia a double problem:
1. Of course I can not transfer music (using the webinterface Filetrasnfer is not reliable anough for 2TB transfer of usic files...)
2. My PC has some policies on it (becaus I want to use it for work): It does not allow connection to external fileshare (even on own privat network) without password.

Can anybody help??? I am stuck

Check the integrity of your disk.

Wow! That is some of the best weasel wording I have seen.

"They are not up samplings, for there are no PCM or DXD conversions involved in their production. They are re-modulations of the original DSD 256 encoding modulation that produced the DSD 256 releases. "

So they are not "up samplings (sic)", but "re-modulations", and while the original DSD256 releases might have been processed whichever way, and converted to PCM/DXD and back a zillion times, at least the "re-modulation" of the DSD256 material to DSD512 didn't involve PCM or DXD. :)