Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Tromperie
Updating of the version 19.01-takes place normally before reset.
The connected monitor to Daphile reports: waiting for network connection..... within 1 hour and more.
The wi-fi settings on phone and Fing do not find the Daphile computer in network.
I will remain on version 18.07 - it completely ustaivat me.
Many thanks for the help!
Yours faithfully, Oleg.

Loss of Network Connection to NAS

I upgraded to 19.02 and can no longer access my NAS (XigmaNAS) or windows PC. I can still access Spotify so Daphile is still on the network.

I had this issue when updating firmware in December 2017. Kimmo looked into it and sent me a beta version that fixed it (daphile-17.12-b171737-x86_64-rt). I have updated since then but the last version that still connected to my NAS was/is daphile-18.07-b090752-x86_64-rt which I am now running.

The problem started with daphile-18.12-b300725-x86_64-rt.

Any ideas?

I upgraded to 19.02 and can no longer access my NAS (XigmaNAS) or windows PC. I can still access Spotify so Daphile is still on the network.

I had this issue when updating firmware in December 2017. Kimmo looked into it and sent me a beta version that fixed it (daphile-17.12-b171737-x86_64-rt). I have updated since then but the last version that still connected to my NAS was/is daphile-18.07-b090752-x86_64-rt which I am now running.

Any ideas?

I have no issues accessing my windows platforms in Daphile 19.02.

do your devices have a static address and do you access them using the ip address rather than the computer name (see the attachment)

cifs://<PC user id>@<ip address>/<music directory>
cifs://Office@192.168.1.3/music

Also, on windows, have you reset the FunctionDiscoveryResource service which was tuned off in Windows 1803. See Fix PCs no longer recognized in network after Windows 10 version 1803 upgrade - gHacks Tech News

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 284
Has BBC iplayer v1.6 changed urls. I have used the url ****://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/bpaplugins/betarelease-repo.xml but can't get v1.6, I have used it before with little trouble.
Thanks thyristor44
Cancel my last post as I have succeeded and iplayer and extra are fine. I think I did not allow enough time to download plugins.
Thyristor44

Any ideas?

Along with the FunctionDiscoveryResource service mentioned earlier, you may also want to check re-enabling Samba (this was my problem): How to access files on network devices using SMBv1 on Windows 10 | Windows Central

Along with the FunctionDiscoveryResource service mentioned earlier, you may also want to check re-enabling Samba (this was my problem): How to access files on network devices using SMBv1 on Windows 10 | Windows Central

Thank you for the suggestion. I checked FunctionDiscoveryResource and Samba is enabled. Both Client and Automatic Removal checkboxes are checked.

It is not only Windows that will not connect, the NAS which is Unix based, also won't connect.

I really think it is something changed in the software. This happened once before. Again the break came with daphile-18.12-b300725-x86_64-rt. When I reload daphile-18.07-b090752-x86_64-rt everything goes back to working.

Since this is the only thing that changed - seems like the problem is with the software.

Again, this happened before and Kimmo was able to fix it in a beta version that he sent to me (or rather a download link) and subsequent releases. I am hoping he will see this post and look into it.

For now I will just stick with the version that works.

My search-fu failed me…

Is there any way to prevent Daphile from putting changed music files into the "new music" menu?
I'm constantly revising tags/artwork in Musicbee, trying to get my library "just so". I have Musicbee set to "not" change the time stamp whenever I make changes, but those files/albums always end up in the new music menu in Daphile (I recently discovered out why my embedded artwork order wasn't showing properly and now I have ~50 albums that are "new" but have actually been in my library for years)

Also, does anybody know if Daphile supports SMB3? A recent question about connection issues got me wondering. Out of the box Daphile is set for SMB2, which is known to cause issue with Win.10 (probably why I needed to reactivate SMB1 to get my Win10 laptop to see my Daphile machine again). In theory if it could be switched to SMB3 the problem should go away.

Thank you for the suggestion. I checked FunctionDiscoveryResource and Samba is enabled. Both Client and Automatic Removal checkboxes are checked.

It is not only Windows that will not connect, the NAS which is Unix based, also won't connect.

I really think it is something changed in the software. This happened once before. Again the break came with daphile-18.12-b300725-x86_64-rt. When I reload daphile-18.07-b090752-x86_64-rt everything goes back to working.

Since this is the only thing that changed - seems like the problem is with the software.

Again, this happened before and Kimmo was able to fix it in a beta version that he sent to me (or rather a download link) and subsequent releases. I am hoping he will see this post and look into it.

If this is an issue with daphile then a lot more people would be complaining. I've had similar issues which gradually resolved themselves over time. I put it down to poor Network settings, firewall issues and router cofiguration issues.

EVGA Nu Audio PCIe card

I am thinking build a PC with EVGA Nu Audio sound card. I was wondering whether Daphile support or will support it?

Good news. On your suggestion and based on the interesting reviews I took the plunge and bought the EVGA NU Audio PCIe card. While I will be using it in Windows I decided to give it a go using Daphile from a USB. You will be pleased to know it is indeed recognized and I was able to resample the music, including Tidal, to DoP 128 with an excellent sound. Hopefully Daphile will one day support native DSD256 which is within the capabilities of this card.

If the samba version changed, you might need to set the protocol and enable ntlm.
In /etc/samba/smb.conf, in the [global] section...

server min protocol = SMB2
ntlm auth = yes

Edit: do not set "protocol = SMB2" as this sets the MAX protocol version.
W10 requires SMB3, setting max lower breaks W10 connectivity.

Last edited: