Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

I have a dedicated Daphile music server feeding into my M-Dac and wondered if the processor speed would have any have effect on the sound quality.
My choice is a Wyse DXoD, AMD G-T48e, 1.4ghz dual core, 2gb flash, 4gb ram or a Tranquil pc, i3-2100T, 2.5ghz, 4gb ram.
Does it matter which I use for best sound quality.
Thanks.
thyristor44

Processor speed won't have any effect on the audio quality.
Go with the Intel CPU it's a bit more powerful, a better supported instruction set and is multi-threaded. See the comparison here.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Activate here to show the art cover

Attachments

• audio_player setting art cover.png
    audio_player setting art cover.png
    463.9 KB · Views: 381
I've also found that if the music has multiple embedded images than it will typically show the second image in line (I typically have front cover, back cover, additional pages in that order if I use multiple embedded).
I'm not sure if this is a Daphile thing or the remote app, but it happens with both Squeezer and Squeeze Ctrl

Friends! Help council.Problem with updating and Daphile installation of version 19.01...
I use the version of Daphile of 18.07 x86_64-rt, works perfectly, but there is a wish to test the new version.
When updating via the browser to version 19.01... after save & reset web interface it is unavailable.
At installation with Usb of the drive, any version 19.01... after the first screen of the settings Daphile, Waiting for network connection........
My equipment: pass the computer Intel Atom CPU 2.30, 1.6 GHz, Ram 2 GB, IP static, USB DAC - Sabaj D3, loading of Daphile with USB 2.0.
I will be grateful for councils.
Kipeta did not answer my question. On 340 pages of a forum of the answer to my problem did not find.
Excuse for my English.

You have not said how you are accessing Daphile. Is it by phone, computer, or local UI?

It may be as simple as Daphile being assigned a different IP address by the DHCP server (your router). If you have a smart phone, download Fing from the App Store if you have a kiddy phone or from Google Play if you have a real phone. Use it to check the IP address of Daphile.

That evga is a USB card https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/equ...und-cards-adc-measurements-4.html#post5724328

IMO it will work in any recent linux kernel out of the box, maybe no DSD support as it sometimes requires USB IDs entered into quirks.c file of the usb-audio driver if changed from the default XMOS Vendor ID.

You could be right. It works in widows using usb 2 drivers but evga driver s supposedly more 'stable'. Why don't you ask someone on the evga forum to try daphile on a USB stick. It won't harm their widows install. Please get back with your findings. Incidentally based on the reviews and given the pedigree of Audio Note I have just bought one. I willi nitially run it with windows and foobar.

@olcher,
If Fing can't see Daphile, I suspect either it had trouble connecting to the router and assigned itself a private address (169.xxx.xxx.xxx) or did not finish the boot into the full system.

You can test for the former by checking available networks on your phone's wifi settings. If Daphile is there, reboot until it finds your network?
For the latter, you will need to connect a monitor to the Daphile box to see.