Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

It's not essential to do the reset.

The reset will default the IP address to dhcp. Attach a screen to the daphile box and see the address, or install fing on your phone to find the daphile IP setting, or try \\daphile as the browser url, or look up the router. Good luck!

Once you reload daphile remember to set the static IP and the CPU power settings. Also check the storage settings and reload any plugins.

I am not very familiar with setting to the static address, can you tell me which info I need to add to the attachment.
my daphile IP address: 192.168.8.120
what subnet mask no?
router is this router IP address?
What is DNS server?
what is Search Domain?
what is MTU?

CPU power setting
Set Clk to Maximun
what else?

Thks

Attachments

• DaphileStaicaddress.JPG
    DaphileStaicaddress.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 395
Last edited:
Are you aware of an app called Fing? It is available for Android and crApple iPhone, and is a network sniffer. It is free so download and check your network IP addresses.

In order;
192.168.8.120 (Did you use Fing to get this? The '8' is unusual but acceptable.)
255.255.255.0 (Normal subnet mask.)
192.168.8.1 (Check this with Fing.)
This is the internet provider DNS server address but you can use 8.8.8.8, the Google DNS server.
Don't worry about the 'Search Domains' or 'MTU' so leave them blank.

That should do it for the static IP address.

Are you aware of an app called Fing? It is available for Android and crApple iPhone, and is a network sniffer. It is free so download and check your network IP addresses.

In order;
192.168.8.120 (Did you use Fing to get this? The '8' is unusual but acceptable.)
255.255.255.0 (Normal subnet mask.)
192.168.8.1 (Check this with Fing.)
This is the internet provider DNS server address but you can use 8.8.8.8, the Google DNS server.
Don't worry about the 'Search Domains' or 'MTU' so leave them blank.

That should do it for the static IP address.

Thks it worked BTW what's the advantage of static IP address faster to address Daphile s/w?
also what about what parameters to change, eg set the speed to max on the CPU.

Hy!
Please help with information.
I have a pioneer lx 75, a pc asus j-1900 with the celeron j1900 qad core, 2M cache, 8g ram and dphile rt installed with nice sound.
I bought a gigabyte brix,
celeron n3000 1.04ghz, the dual core, the 4G ram for daphile and the sound is pretty bad.
I used hdmi with the same rt daphiles, identical settings, but the sound is different.
Please help any idea, I can use this little brix. I do not understand why the sound is different.

Let's recap: - SAME digital files are served from the SAME source (USB storage or NAS) alternatively to the two computers running the same Daphile RT version - the digital to analogue conversion and amplification is made through the same HDMI cable / Pioneer LX 75 (btw great Home Theatre choice) / speakers or headphones - same HDMI IN port - 'flat' lifeless sound from the Gigabyte Brix ...... It's worth: - trying to use both, USB AND LAN - running a 'plain' Daphile version - (if possible) connecting a buffer/converter able to convert USB/HDMI AUDIO into COAX or OPTICAL to make use of the Pioneer's other DIGITAL IN ports ... If no clue is coming out of this trial, I would suspect the Brix PSU is not up to the task... ... Sorry, I've tried editing twice but the formatting of my post is coming out as a continuous line... hmmm...

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer!
In both pc I use ssd and internal media server, I used the same hdmi cable, the same hdmi input in lx75, the same songs, the same settings for daphiles rt, but the sound is different. I do not understand if daphile does not use audio from the board just encodes pcm, like the same if it sounds different.
I'm now trying to upgrade bios for brix, and I will buy a xfi creative for the test and I will come back with details.
However, I'm curious what pc configuration is required for daphiles to work ok.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Thank you for your answer!
In both pc I use ssd and internal media server, I used the same hdmi cable, the same hdmi input in lx75, the same songs, the same settings for daphiles rt, but the sound is different. I do not understand if daphile does not use audio from the board just encodes pcm, like the same if it sounds different.
I'm now trying to upgrade bios for brix, and I will buy a xfi creative for the test and I will come back with details.
However, I'm curious what pc configuration is required for daphiles to work ok.

I use the following:

Intel DN2800MT

Athlon 200GE on Gigabyte Aorus micro-ATX

Gigabyte J1800 SoC board.

My experience is that the Intel board is the least powerful of the lot, and produces the best sound because of a better implemented USB subsytem with proper power filtering. It shows little to no difference whether using a cheap laptop supply or a well-filtered linear supply.

The other two are DIY system components, and have terrible USB behaviour and need a lot tinkering to get a clean output. I resorted to Pico-PSU type power supplies, backed by 12v enclosed switching supplies followed by a bit of active filtering. This allowed me to get something decent from the other two, but I feel there's still some way to go specially for the most powerful of the three.

All are running the 18.07 RT kernel, the Intel is not capable of resampling, being a very weak Atom from almost a decade ago - and the 200GE can go up to DSD512 no problem, even though I prefer running at native rates.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Bug report:

Daphile 19.01 (and as far as I know all earlier versions) does not support USB superspeed 3.0 or 3.1 ports served directly by CPU/PCH.

For most computers that's not a problem as there's always some 2.0 ports available. I recently upgraded to a new Bean Canyon i3 NUC, and everything works except for the USB ports. 18.07 does not support the wifi adapter either.

Will there be some update to address this?