Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Well, there are quite a few members on this same network and (please correct me if I'm wrong) as far as I understand, anyone can see the "Daphile" under network, click on it, browse around the Settings, see passwords etc?

I wonder, if someone else on the network, browse into a playlist and clicks on a song... that would change it on my end as well, correct? So anyone on the network can mess around like that?!
For starters, they would have to know the IP address of Daphile and know enough to type that address into the address bar of a web browser.

For starters, they would have to know the IP address of Daphile and know enough to type that address into the address bar of a web browser.

If they are on a Mac, all they need to do is open Finder, then the Daphile folder shows up right there, in the left-hand menu, under "Shared".

Then they just need to click on the "DAPHILE" which is mounted, and they are in, all folders are presented and they are connected as a "Guest".

Next, let's say they click on the "Music" folder, there is a html URL that, once clicked, opens a Daphile URL in their default browser, and they are in Daphile interface.

So they do NOT need to know the address.

This however, does not work on Windows though, I assume it's because both, Linux and OS X, are both based on the Unix structure, Windows is not. I am just guessing this, so maybe someone else can correct me on this.

Personally, I do not like this and looking for a more private solution, as I am not the only one on this network and I can't just share it all like that.

EDIT: I DO like Daphile very much though, and I appreciate Kimmo's work, it's just this privacy thing that bothers me a little, that's all.

Last edited:
@FredG31,
INT202/INT203 | Weiss Engineering Ltd.
This website says this about the INT203;
This is where our interfaces come in. The INT202 / INT203 allow any DAC to be connected to a FireWire or Thunderbolt ported computer. This is done, optimally, by slaving to the computer's internally generated clock with absolute bit transparency.

From my understanding, both of these are Apple and possibly not supported by Linux which normally runs on ex-Windows machines.

Hello, may be someone could help me. I have PC on Intel dn2800mt with Daphile (latest beta version due to ssh), Matrix x-hi pci-e soundcard (usb 3.0, xmos, xhci driver uses) and connected Singxer SU-1 converter. It always works flawlessly when I power off/on or suspend system: it starts play automatically. But when I restart system, converter can’t be found (no audio device) while I turn Singxer power off and on or disconnect and connect again usb-cable. Have any suggestions how to fix this problem?

Hello friends.
Unlike the Ip number that I have been using for a long time, it opens as follows; 192.168.128.1 wi-fi hotspot only. It doesn't open when I enter the same rope. How can I solve the problem? Thank you for your contribution
Is your connection normally by cable or wi-fi? If wi-fi only, then join that network, log in, and change the settings to a fixed IP address. You might also need to add that address to the router.

Is your connection normally by cable or wi-fi? If wi-fi only, then join that network, log in, and change the settings to a fixed IP address. You might also need to add that address to the router.

Hello there. I took care of that problem. Cable spike of pearl. The problem is, the PC doesn't turn off when I turn off daphile. Thank you very much if you help with this problem.

Is anyone having new BBC iplayer problems. Up untill a few days ago I could get iPlayer radio from the bbc and play anything from the past few days. I have Triodes BBC iplayer v1.6.0 plugin installed and it seemed to work, I also have PlayHls 1.1 by bpa which still plays bbc HLS streams.
No luck with iplayer though. I think the bbc has in the past few days changed things and perhaps I need to sign in to the bbc.
Has anyone else got this problem and if not any ideas please.
Thanks.
diode84

First of all I would like to thank the developer of Daphile for the hard work involved into making this happen.

I originally gravitated to the Squeezebox family of products in 2006, and then as computer/USB audio improved I moved to a small computer running Foobar2000.

However, the netbook I am using is now 9 years old and based on a primitive ATOM processor. It still does an admirable job with memory and hard drive upgrades and it can handle DSD and DXD files quite well. It cannot do any upsampling of course, but not bad for bit perfect playback.

Foobar2000 does exhibit some kind of occasional white noise glitch when switching from PCM to DSD. I don't know if it's related to the low processor power or the program itself, but in two years since I got my Amanero based DAC, I have not been able to get rid of it.

Therefore, I am looking to upgrade to a headless NUC running Daphile. I like the simplicity of the Daphile approach. I am not a fan of experimenting with multiple ASIO/WASAPI drivers or audio filters. I also would like to try upsampling to either DSD256 or DSD512 in the near future.

I am thinking about going for the latest NUC8I7BEH "Bean Canyon" NUC. Or perhaps the i5 version, but the potential loud fan scares me a bit. It may also be overkill to play bit perfect audio but I also want to have the horsepower on hand for future updates.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!