Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

CHANGES on August 21st 2013:
  • Support for native DSD playback with DSD-over-PCM (verified only for DSD64 with Benchmark DAC2 HGC). Enable it from Audio Settings for the DAC that supports it.
  • DSD file "Clear library and rescan everything" problem fixed
  • Replay Gain calculation added to the CD ripping process
  • Some other minor bug fixes and changes
Update via your Daphile web UI or download from Daphile – Digital Music Convenience for Audiophiles.

Any feedback is warmly welcomed! Now especially any DSD-over-PCM experiences with different DACs and DSD128.

I'm using CUP 3205U (1.9G) with 4G ram running DoP , when I upsampling to DSD128 it disconnect with my 9038 DAC after half hour. Am I need to up grade my computer.
Thank you

I'm using CUP 3205U (1.9G) with 4G ram running DoP , when I upsampling to DSD128 it disconnect with my 9038 DAC after half hour. Am I need to up grade my computer.
Thank you

Definitely upgrade to the latest beta release. The recent Linux upgrades have made significant improvements in the USB stability.

Index of /firmware/beta

See daphile faq for details on the beta update.

Oh I just learn listen music 3 yrs, I start step by step from how to place the speaker in good position and prevent vibration from all possibility. If you place your Cd Player on the top of different material you can hear they sound different.
Ah, OK, all I have done is waste time at university studying electrical engineering and acoustics, as well as music in another university, and then working with technology (including audio) for 30 years. hasn't thought me much, but at least enough to understand how powerful expectation and confirmation bias is, and to discard any sighted listening "tests" as evidence of anything.

Ah, OK, all I have done is waste time at university studying electrical engineering and acoustics, as well as music in another university, and then working with technology (including audio) for 30 years. hasn't thought me much, but at least enough to understand how powerful expectation and confirmation bias is, and to discard any sighted listening "tests" as evidence of anything.
I don't know what can I say, 2 years ago I bought 4 power cable, all of them sound different.

After few hrs testing, it still stop respond around 30min, I need to refresh the audio driver.

Use the info tab to check CPU load and temperature. There could be other things happening in your system. Does the library scan started by daphile on startup finish? What if you leave daphile running for 30 minutes and then start playing music? Have you looked at the daphile log files? Does your DAC get hot? Have you tried down sampling hd musiic to reduce the load on the DAC? How about playing the sane song for 30+ minutes from ram (this will place minimal load on daphile).

Last edited:
I am building a Core -5-4690k pc just for daphile. it is some incestment so it better perform.

You only need this horsepower if you intend doing dsd256 upsampling or higher. Otherwise a g4560 would be more than sufficient or an atom in a passive cooled mobo Also have you looked at the i5 8400. The 6 cores are well suited to upsampling, its cheaper and runs cooler. Also you should not over clock but you will need a z370 board.