Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Note you can add a song to the current playlist (select) without having to play it first. See the "+" symbol included in the options when the cursor is placed on top of a file in the left hand panel.

Once the song is in the right hand panel then you can load it to RAM for subsequent memory based playback. This load can take some time depending on the upsampling parameters. In my case it takes some time since it is processing a DSD512 upsample of FLAC.

Are you using the latest beta and what is the CPU model?

This is wat I use:
CPU == Intel(R) Celeron(R) Processor N3050

kernel: 4.9.51

[18-04-15 07:05:59.8873] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.1, gitd424bbe9f, Daphile 17.09-x86_64) perl 5.024001 - x86_64-linux-thread-multi

I think I have figured it out but I would still like to play files as it should be done with the button "play in RAM".

The workaround is: drop files (from f.e. a NAS) to the RAM drive in "file manager". I think it's possible to create playlists on the RAM-drive also.

Then go to Audio-player->music-folder->RAM-drive.

The dropped files can be played from there. Not very convenient, but fun to try.

Last edited:
Try the latest beta. Go to Index of /firmware/beta to see the latest installs.

Daphile may be "upgraded" to any specific version at
"//<daphile>/cgi-bin/Devel". Users have to copy the download link of
the version as text to input field besides the Install button and
press Install to process.

Daphile is your installed systems.

My GRAB version is not compatible with versions up to 15.02. This will be a long term project, unfortunately. Maybe I'll try to reinstall everything soon. But now now.

My 128G SSD in fact is from my laptop which I had updated to a larger SSD.

Can I not distroy my recovery partition and just partition the rest of the SSD for Daphile? Can this be done when I install Daphile? Thx again.

I don't know how you update to a larger SSD. If you are using Ghost or Samsung utility, then You should have the recovery partition. Daphile will wipe out the whole hard drive when install, unless you are using a partition manager or something like that.

rif

Joined 2003
Paid Member
My 128G SSD in fact is from my laptop which I had updated to a larger SSD.

Can I not distroy my recovery partition and just partition the rest of the SSD for Daphile? Can this be done when I install Daphile? Thx again.

I think you need to create the 2 daphile partitions manually, then install. Check out the daphile.com website faq or instruction pdf.

You an also get a internal 2.5mm SSD (128gig) for $40+ and possibly save some headaches

Last edited:
Makes sense, I used "Daphile" and nothing came up. Thanks. Is there a LMS/HQ Player connector by any chance? I'm not finding anything. It can probably be done with UPnP to HQ Player embedded, but the latter is pricey.
let well alone:) daphile does and sounds the same in terms of converting, but is far better in terms of controlling, at least for me, if you mean hqp dsp filters, well then...