Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Has anyone successfully used Schiit Eitr with the latest Daphile iso or for that matter any version including beta? Daphile recognizes Eitr as player though...

Tried using Modi by itself via usb, works great. Then tried usb-->Eitr-->Modi, no sound. Not sure if any relevant settings in mixer for Eitr. If anyone can shed some light on this, thanks.

I don't see any mixer settings for the Eitr

I looked at schiit eitr web site.They don't suggest untested operating systems..

Did you try different starting sequences?
Computer ON>eitr(plugged to ac) plug The usb cable..
Eitr(plugged to ac) plug usb cable to usb>>Start The computer..
Also try other eitr(unplugged to ac) configurations..

Also if you can find,check The power settings of your computer and looked at usb related ones.

Maybe these can work for you..

Users have to copy the download link of
the version as text to input field besides the Install button and
press Install to process. i can't updata.

Can anyone give me some advice on it?

Thanks,

Have you loaded the "http://<daphile>/cgi-bin/Devel" URL to access the daphile development update page. <daphile> is the IP address or name of your daphile instance.

Has anyone successfully used Schiit Eitr with the latest Daphile iso or for that matter any version including beta? Daphile recognizes Eitr as player though...

Tried using Modi by itself via usb, works great. Then tried usb-->Eitr-->Modi, no sound. Not sure if any relevant settings in mixer for Eitr. If anyone can shed some light on this, thanks.

I don't see any mixer settings for the Eitr
It may be necessary to add a powered USB-hub between your PC and the Eitr. I had a similar problem with my own USB-DAC (Audio-GD). I can connect this DAC directly when I use it via a Squeezebox-Touch, but when I connect it to my PC (a NUC-like mini-PC) the DAC is not seen. As soon as I put a powered HUB in between the DAC is recognized and works perfectly. May be worth to try yourself.

I looked at schiit eitr web site.They don't suggest untested operating systems..

Also if you can find,check The power settings of your computer and looked at usb related ones.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try different combination of startup and see what happens. The strange this is that it does recognize the device and even list name of Eitr.

It may be necessary to add a powered USB-hub between your PC and the Eitr. I had a similar problem with my own USB-DAC (Audio-GD). I can connect this DAC directly when I use it via a Squeezebox-Touch, but when I connect it to my PC (a NUC-like mini-PC) the DAC is not seen. As soon as I put a powered HUB in between the DAC is recognized and works perfectly. May be worth to try yourself.

Hmm...that's interesting, thanks, will try adding a powered usb hub and try again along with startup sequence.

I recall reading on page 160'something where a similar usb to spdif transport was successfully used. So that's why I wanted to try the Eitr.

In each case, Daphile recognizes the device with music actually playing as shown on gui, but no sound. Or rather, signal is not coming out of Eitr's spdif port into my other Schiit dac.

Successful Install on ex thin client. Add USB CD?

Hi,
I have just discovered this great project while looking to upgrade my old 32 bit vortexbox.
Installed without problem on an ex thin client as follows:
HP Mini Silent PC

AMD Dual Core 1.2GHz GX-212JC; with AMD Radeon Graphics
4GB DDR3 RAM
16GB SSD
2 x USB3
4 x USB2
2 x Displayport (comes with 1 x HDMI adapter)
1 x VGA
1 x Ethernet

My music library is on a synology NAS and all seems to be working fine :).
The only thing missing is a CD ROM to rip my music from. No deal breaker because I can rip on my other machines.
I'd kind of like to try it though. So, can I use a USB CD/DVD drive? Will any drive work?
Thanks again for a brilliant project.

Tried with powered usb hub, still no go - just not outputting via spdif from Eitr. Strange, as if driver related problem. Same as before, pc sees Eitr and plays as if normal state with other dacs. Too much time spent instead of listening to music

uggg! Still cannot get Eitr to work even with different startup sequences...just to check for reality, I tried it with regular windows 7 with musicbee, no problem. Only with Daphile Eitr doesn't want to play...

My 2 cents - either

A) the SPDIF device of that soundcard has a different alsa device number than 0 - post here output of command "aplay -l" running on any linux (incl. daphile if you can access command line somehow via ssh)

or/and

B) the 8051 firmware used in CM6631A by the manufacturer implements some SPDIF switch which needs to be enabled first - post here output of command "amixer -c X contents" where X is the card index of your usb soundcard as listed in aplay -l.

Have you looked in 'Settings', 'Audio Devices' to see whether Daphile has it listed? If it is listed, changing a parameter might get it going?

Also, check you are not upsampling to a frequency that is not supported by the SPDIF processing. As a start, enable resample PCM to max rate and set the max sample rate to 44.1khz. Also convert DSD to PCM and set volume control to 'off - bitperfect playback'.

My 2 cents - either

A) the SPDIF device of that soundcard has a different alsa device number than 0 - post here output of command "aplay -l" running on any linux (incl. daphile if you can access command line somehow via ssh)

or/and

B) the 8051 firmware used in CM6631A by the manufacturer implements some SPDIF switch which needs to be enabled first - post here output of command "amixer -c X contents" where X is the card index of your usb soundcard as listed in aplay -l.

Being a complete noob on Daphile, I managed to SSH into it since I am using beta with login info of root and zaq.

Here is a screen capture:

Attachments

• Daphile Eitr.png
    Daphile Eitr.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 221
My 2 cents - either

or/and

One more screen capture - amixer

What is the command line to change the necessary item? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Daphile Eitr mixer settings.png
    Daphile Eitr mixer settings.png
    48 KB · Views: 206