Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Last update about the suspend/shutdown problem on my Dell Z90D07.

As already written, with a fresh install on the internal drive of the last beta version using the "BIOS" option (not "UEFI"), shutdown works normally.

Kimmo, as last attempt, suggested me to activate KMS driver in Daphile general options, and voila!! resume is OK as well and it's much faster than shutdown/restart!!

Thanks everybody for your support, hope my experience could help someone else.

Paul pang.

Do you mean the USB card which is "upgraded" by inserting an "audiophile" transformer between the added clock and the USB controller chip? What does the limited bandwidth of the transformer do to precision/steepness of the clock edges?

That is the same guy who tried to advertise his hand-made sata cables here Hand Made SATA Cable for CAT .

I would suggest you just get it running and then explore changes when you are ready. I would recommend a m.2 sSD for the daphile system drive as it reduces data cables and injection of noise.
Just finished my setup, I can do DSD512 using my i7-7700K without any issue. The overall CPU utilization is around 50%.
However, I have problem on connecting my PC -> USB -> Singxer SU-1 -> I2S -> Holo Spring, When I use DSD512, it cannot provide any sound, but, change to DSD256, then I can hear sound.
On the other hand, if I connect PC -> USB -> Holo Spring, I can play the DSD512 without problem. Any advice on it?

Last edited: