Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Gonna move away from Daphile not because of the sound quality but because I don't like LMS. I have Asset UPNP running on my server and NAS which DLNA compliant and Daphile doesn't support it. I ain't gonna move to LMS now. Probably gonna move away from the Intel NUC too and get a Raspberry Pi or Beaglebone Black maybe with an I2S DAC running MPD which does support DLNA like most commercial network audio players do nowadays. I did like Daphile and hope it will work with MPD and DLNA somedays. Maybe it does already and I have missed it. Correct if I'm wrong.

also can depend on how "high end" is your system.
in some systems you will not hear any difference of course
i use an audio note tubed dac and totem acoustics hawks and every little change is perceptible. AND GOOD EARS!
my girlfriend doesn't heard a very annoying "buzz hiss" coming out of a brand new class d amp....at this point it will not matter
(try with headphones maybe...)
to me with windows the sound is more envolving, less glassy and digital etc...

Last edited:
You are seller.. can't be 1% objectivity in your statement..

I don't sell Daphile. Daphile is free. If noise from connected computer wasn't an issue, they wouldn't have asynchronous USB audio, or galvanic isolation. The async is to deal with jitter, and the galvanic isolation is to deal with noise. But it's not perfect. The galvanic isolation adds jitter itself. So some manufacturers leave it out to reduce jitter. But doing this makes the DAC more sensitive to noise. So measures must be taken in the server/streamer to deal with the noise instead.

Last edited:
I have a hard time understanding why the deaf are into audio gear? Just get an 80's ghetto blaster and call it a day.

I just wanted to make to make things clear. I did not feel the need to offend deaf people, or groups of people and or certain individuals whatsoever.

There lies a world between being deaf and being able to notice subtle audible differences.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk