Go Back   Home > Forums > >

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th September 2021, 09:53 PM   #4511
mr-mac is offline mr-mac  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Oh i see what you mean, it’s catalogue of what music you have. I’d guess it’s local but not sure. I’ll see if can find out
Old 13th September 2021, 01:54 AM   #4512
SRMcGee is offline SRMcGee  United States
diyAudio Member

mr-mac:

I just re-read my last post. Yes, sorry for the unintended confusion it may have caused. Daphile generates a list of all of the music it can see. My question: where is that list stored?

Regards,
Scott
Old 14th September 2021, 01:32 AM   #4513
Clausen is offline Clausen  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRMcGee View Post
Drone7 & phofman:

Twas the battery. You guys are good.

Many thanks,
Scott
I wish my luck with PC trouble shooting was this easy. I had bad memory in my main system that took me a while to figure out. My PC would crash randomly and then stay of for days at a time with no problem, then it started crashing so bad I couldn't even run Memtest or anything to figure out what was wrong. I was able to boot into the bios and finally figured out it was both ram modules, which has never happened to me. Replaced, problem gone! Probably took a 18 months to figure out because at first it was so random I didn't care, but at the end it was a nightmare! I'll post here, (not necessarily in this thread), next time I'm trying to troubleshoot a PC problem!
Old 14th September 2021, 06:43 PM   #4514
MSHAVS is offline MSHAVS  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
mr-mac:

I just re-read my last post. Yes, sorry for the unintended confusion it may have caused. Daphile generates a list of all of the music it can see. My question: where is that list stored?

Regards,
Scott
I'm not using Daphile, but the regular version of LMS in a Docker-container, but I assume it should be the same as this: check in Settings -> Information
There you'll see something like:
Cache Folder /srv/squeezebox/cache

in the cache folder multiple DB-files are stored. I think the file you're looking for is called "library.db"
Old 21st September 2021, 02:40 PM   #4515
diyAudio Member

Folks:

Another dumb question: I cannot figure out how to connect Daphile to my new NAS (a Synology DS418). My server currently relies on an internal SSD for music storage and is working just fine. The NAS has a pair of 4 TB hard drives (SHR configuration) and reports it is operating properly. I have duplicated my music library in a folder on the NAS. What I cannot seem to accomplish is getting Daphile to see the music folder on the NAS.

My IP address for the NAS is 192.168.1.33
The NAS is called "Home_NAS"
The music library is in a folder on the NAS called "NASMusicLibrary"

I have tried both cifs and nfs types of remote targets in Settings/Storage. Daphile defaults to cifs. The Usage button is set at "Music" and the RW box is checked. The Identification window is "NASMusicLibrary". Daphile's guidance is for the remote target to be in a format based on "[user@]server:[port]/share". 192.168.1.33:/Home_NAS, 192.168.1.33:/Home_NAS/NASMusicLibrary and other similar combinations have all failed. After each attempt, Daphile defaults to 192.168.1.33://Home_NAS (note the additional slash). What am I missing?

Many thanks,
Scott

Last edited by SRMcGee; 21st September 2021 at 02:45 PM.
Old 21st September 2021, 04:15 PM   #4516
Jazzhead91 is offline Jazzhead91
diyAudio Member

Hello guys, new (but experienced) member here. Do anyone know that if the development of Daphile has stopped? There's no update since 21.04 beta.
Old 22nd September 2021, 01:04 AM   #4517
DRONE7 is offline DRONE7  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Folks:

Another dumb question: I cannot figure out how to connect Daphile to my new NAS (a Synology DS418). My server currently relies on an internal SSD for music storage and is working just fine. The NAS has a pair of 4 TB hard drives (SHR configuration) and reports it is operating properly. I have duplicated my music library in a folder on the NAS. What I cannot seem to accomplish is getting Daphile to see the music folder on the NAS.

My IP address for the NAS is 192.168.1.33
The NAS is called "Home_NAS"
The music library is in a folder on the NAS called "NASMusicLibrary"

I have tried both cifs and nfs types of remote targets in Settings/Storage. Daphile defaults to cifs. The Usage button is set at "Music" and the RW box is checked. The Identification window is "NASMusicLibrary". Daphile's guidance is for the remote target to be in a format based on "[user@]server:[port]/share". 192.168.1.33:/Home_NAS, 192.168.1.33:/Home_NAS/NASMusicLibrary and other similar combinations have all failed. After each attempt, Daphile defaults to 192.168.1.33://Home_NAS (note the additional slash). What am I missing?

Many thanks,
Scott
Scott, first remove any instances you have configured so far...most important as otherwise Daphile defaults to those..as you have noted ;-)

Once cleared try this setting for cifs

(username)@Home_NAS.local/Music

or
(username)@Home_NAS.local/NASMusicLibrary

but if there is a folder 'Music' within 'NASMusicLibrary' the first may pick it up.

Though you may be running into the non-standard character problem having that "_" in the server name.

Again, if you try the above and it does not work remove it before trying any other setting.

Bob.

Last edited by DRONE7; 22nd September 2021 at 01:09 AM.
Old 22nd September 2021, 02:24 AM   #4518
vdi_nenna is offline vdi_nenna  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Scott,

On your new NAS, determine the file system type that is being used: SMB/CIFS or NFS. This info is needed to write out the proper syntax on Daphile for connecting to the NAS share.

What's important is the Synology OS uses the file system type you choose.
On the Daphile side the connection is made to the share on the NAS.

You mentioned that the disks are "SHR". Are they mirrored? Will not affect your current share access issue, but just make sure they are mirrored set so that in the event of a disk failure, the system doesn't lose your data.

On the NAS, depending on the file system type, you need to share the folder that holds your music artists- Music_Library_Folder> Artisits> Albums.
You need to share the "NASMusicLibrary" folder.
You then give permissions to a user you created in Synology OS to the "NASMusicLibrary" folder. You could set the folder permissions to "everyone", but it's less secure. You could set it this way initially since it will help rule out security issues. Once it's working, you can choose a user account and password and apply it to the library folder.

Please note that the file system type NFS works well with Linux and Unix systems and CIFS and SMB works well with Windows. However, Mac OS, Windows and Linux can work with other vendor's file system if the protocol is installed. For example, if running Windows, the NFS protocol can be installed on Windows. Mac OS might have an easier time of talking to multiple protocols, but if you're trying to reach the NAS from a Win or Mac OS, this is important to know.

Lastly, instead of using the DNS name of the Synology NAS, use the IP 192.168.1.33. If DNS isn't picking up on the NAS, the IP address will work.
Try the syntax drone7 laid out and the IP address.

(username)@Home_NAS.local/NASMusicLibrary
or
(username)@192.168.1.33/NASMusicLibrary
or 192.168.1.33/NASMusicLibrary, if shared with "everyone".

Also, I have found that in the past, if it doesn't connect, try rebooting before trying a different syntax.
I've had to do this a few times. Also have to remember that you're dealing with a browser and the cache can screw things up sometimes.
So when doing this work, clear the browser cache periodically.

Vince

Last edited by vdi_nenna; 22nd September 2021 at 02:27 AM.
Old 22nd September 2021, 01:35 PM   #4519
diyAudio Member

Bob and Vince:

Thank you! I've been working through your guidance and will report back when (I hope) there is good news to relay. One note: every time Daphile rejects a remote target that isn't cifs, it resets the type to cifs. I imagine Bob was making this point when he instructed me to remove each network drive that was rejected.

Regards,
Scott
Old 23rd September 2021, 04:59 PM   #4520
diyAudio Member

Folks:

It took me a while to figure out how to properly connect Daphile to my new NAS, but the job has been successfully completed. Daphile consistently rejected my "remote target" entries even though I had high confidence they should have been acceptable. My mistake, it seems, was in using the "retry" button to test each new entry. I failed to take Bob's advice completely to heart.

The solution was to create a new "Network Drive" entry, edit it appropriately and then hit the "Save & Restart" button, not the "retry" button.

I hope my experience helps someone else in need.

Regards,
Scott

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OSHide this!Advertise here!