Go Back   Home > Forums > >

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th June 2021, 01:21 PM   #4361
FlatEarthAdam is offline FlatEarthAdam
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerisabe View Post
Hi,

Im new to Daphile. Just created a boot sd drive for my 2014 mac mini. When i power up the mac mini the screen just stops on blank. Does any of you know what is happening? Ive tested the sd card booting on my 2015 macbook pro and the daphile boot sd boot disk came up and it was working. Please help.

Also when i dont have wifi on the mac mini, will it configure internet automatically using the ethernet? I really need in depth guidance, am trying to compare this vs the beta version of audirvana studio running on my mac mini. I will be using upnp protocol to my network renderer/endpoint. Looking fwd to hear back from you guys! Thanks
Hi kerisabe,

I am running Daphile on a 2008 Macbook and I could not get it to boot from a USB drive. The way I got around this was to burn the daphile .iso file to CD. I was then able to boot the Macbook from the CD and did the install from there.

I also run the Macbook using the ethernet port and it just worked, nothing to configure.

For info I later enabled the wifi just to see if it worked, which it did, but I just use the ethernet connection.
Old 9th June 2021, 01:51 PM   #4362
phofman is offline phofman  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliver1956 View Post
On LMS you can easily change the location of your playlists in the gui. But it seems you can't do it so easily in Daphile.
Daphile runs a memory-based filesystem on top of read-only squashfs. That gives it resiliency to abrupt power cuts. However, any changes not stored to its internal config (probably on a separate small partition, I have not checked) will be lost upon shutdown.

Probably you could make changes to unsquashfsed filesystem (image file rootfs in the downloaded iso, likely copied into the main partition of daphile installation), compress it with squashfs again, and copy to the original location in daphile drive, while having booted from some linux live flash. IIRC LMS is located in /opt, maybe just changing some config file in the unwrapped filesystem would do.

Last edited by phofman; 9th June 2021 at 01:57 PM.
Old 9th June 2021, 03:43 PM   #4363
cliver1956 is offline cliver1956
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phofman View Post
Daphile runs a memory-based filesystem on top of read-only squashfs. That gives it resiliency to abrupt power cuts. However, any changes not stored to its internal config (probably on a separate small partition, I have not checked) will be lost upon shutdown.

Probably you could make changes to unsquashfsed filesystem (image file rootfs in the downloaded iso, likely copied into the main partition of daphile installation), compress it with squashfs again, and copy to the original location in daphile drive, while having booted from some linux live flash. IIRC LMS is located in /opt, maybe just changing some config file in the unwrapped filesystem would do.
Thanks phofman. I'd need to do some reading up before attempting that kind of thing tbh.
Old 9th June 2021, 03:55 PM   #4364
phofman is offline phofman  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Me too, I have never done that. But it should be doable, the Daphile author does it too similarly.
Old 10th June 2021, 07:07 PM   #4365
cliver1956 is offline cliver1956
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phofman View Post
But it should be doable, the Daphile author does it too similarly.
Be good if there was a wiki on how to do it.
I'd be glad to write it if I could just get some instructions on how to do it.
Old 18th June 2021, 06:29 PM   #4366
dcadams is offline dcadams
diyAudio Member

Default Suddenly no sound from Daphile

Hello there,

Been running Daphile for a few years without issues. Since a few days ago I can't get any sound out of it.

Daphile starts, the DAC lights move to indicate a connection, the music is playing but no sound.

What's strange is that when I switch tabs and then return to the Audio Player tab the music play time returns to zero. Also the computer fan is spinning faster than normal so indications are that Daphile didn't fully start up correctly.

Wondered if anyone had a similar issue. Thought I'd try the forum before swapping hardware.

Thanks
David
  Reply to this post

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OSHide this!Advertise here!