Go Back   Home > Forums > >

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th April 2021, 07:47 PM   #4331
Oskar2905 is offline Oskar2905  Poland
diyAudio Member

Hi. I’m thinking about switching to daphile and I have a few questions related to it.
1. Is there any possibility to play CDs straight from your server?
2. I’ve read somewhere that Cd play extension is not working well along side cd ripper. Is it true or is everything working stable and OK when they are both installed?
3. Can somebody show me how local ui interface looks like (that one you can enable to display straight from server).

Thanks For the answers
Oskar
Old 18th April 2021, 05:22 AM   #4332
Whell is offline Whell  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskar2905 View Post
Hi. Iím thinking about switching to daphile and I have a few questions related to it.
1. Is there any possibility to play CDs straight from your server?
2. Iíve read somewhere that Cd play extension is not working well along side cd ripper. Is it true or is everything working stable and OK when they are both installed?
3. Can somebody show me how local ui interface looks like (that one you can enable to display straight from server).

Thanks For the answers
Oskar
Not sure about the first two questions- I donít use those features. Here's what the interface looks like...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 46CF4B82-2443-4040-A66E-D8C1357BA632.jpg (299.9 KB, 283 views)
Old 18th April 2021, 10:13 AM   #4333
Oskar2905 is offline Oskar2905  Poland
diyAudio Member

This is web interface. In setting there is a local UI that you can enable and use daphile without browser.
Old 18th April 2021, 01:49 PM   #4334
CallMeMike is offline CallMeMike  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

@Oskar2905
You may find that most of the users do connect remotely to a DAPHILE computer as a work model. The first Feature described on the DAPHILE web site is "Headless music server OS" afterall...
Old 18th April 2021, 09:50 PM   #4335
Labdoc is offline Labdoc  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Daphile reboot after installation stalls at Linux login prompt

I have a new computer that on which I am trying to install daphile-21.01-x86_64.iso (and also tried the current beta Daphile 21.04-b101500-x86_64).

The usual USB boot works and the disk (SSD) is recognized and formats OK by Daphile. The web interface is OK and allows configuration, drive format and new install.

However, when I save and reboot from the SSD, the new Daphile installation halts with "This is daphile Linux x86_64 5.10.27-daphile" and prompts for the login to Daphile. The PC does not have a wireless adapter, so this is not the wireless signin. Also, I am not trying to SSH or anything fancy. The new installation does not reach the point where it has a LAN address, so I cannot reach it via the web interface.

Please help solve this. I have many other minipcs running Daphile, so this is not my usual experience.
Old 19th April 2021, 05:07 PM   #4336
MSHAVS is offline MSHAVS  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labdoc View Post
I have a new computer that on which I am trying to install daphile-21.01-x86_64.iso (and also tried the current beta Daphile 21.04-b101500-x86_64).
------
However, when I save and reboot from the SSD, the new Daphile installation halts with "This is daphile Linux x86_64 5.10.27-daphile" and prompts for the login to Daphile.
-----
Please help solve this. I have many other minipcs running Daphile, so this is not my usual experience.
Perhaps your PC is a 32-bit system (and not 64-bit) and you need the i486 image?
Old 21st April 2021, 07:11 AM   #4337
MRswitch is offline MRswitch  Ukraine
diyAudio Member

All good! Tell me what to do. I want to produce music on daphile through bubleupnp, but rewind does not work through the plugin (
Old 21st April 2021, 10:55 AM   #4338
MSHAVS is offline MSHAVS  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRswitch View Post
All good! Tell me what to do. I want to produce music on daphile through bubleupnp, but rewind does not work through the plugin (
I would suggest to go to this Squeezebox Community forum and ask this question over there: Squeezebox : Community : Forums
Old 25th April 2021, 10:47 AM   #4339
Robbodan is offline Robbodan
diyAudio Member

Default Activate Bluetooth?

Hi all,
Just joined the forum but been a long time reader.

Have been using Daphile for a couple of years in different setups. One could say mostly experimenting.

Searching and reading many posts it seems that most people would like to have bluetooth working on Daphile to use it with BT speaker/audio?
Well that is not of my interest. I would like to be able to activate the internal bluetooth on a Mac Mini 2009 where I've installed Daphile.
Reason is to be able to connect a now legacy Logitech BT media keyboard I've.
I'm not super clever with Linux but fiddled about quite a lot the last two years and managed to pick up one or two things. So from reading and testing I suspect that the bluetooth "package","portage" or whatever it's called is not implemented in Daphile. Is that correct?

If correct, surely there must be a way to get bluetooth working and connect a BT keyboard?!? I'm using Daphile beta version and is familiar with SSH but have no idea of what commands to use to get this to work. Anyone who is clever with Linux/Gentoo could assist?
Old 24th May 2021, 02:15 PM   #4340
FlatEarthAdam is offline FlatEarthAdam
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskar2905 View Post
This is web interface. In setting there is a local UI that you can enable and use daphile without browser.
Hi Oskar2905 this is what the UI on an old MacBook looks like.

I enabled this as I could not find a way to get the screen to go to sleep. The screensaver settings need the local UI to be enabled. The backlight always stays on but at least this way the screen on the MacBook shows something useful while running. The screen goes dark but with the backlight while not playing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DaphileMacBook.jpg (745.7 KB, 94 views)

Last edited by FlatEarthAdam; 24th May 2021 at 02:28 PM.

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OSHide this!Advertise here!