Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th October 2019, 08:08 PM   #3611
roysintm is offline roysintm
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phofman View Post
Download the iso, mount, un-squashfs the file with root partition. If you can add the install the package, squashfs again, write the newly updated file back to the iso, then you can add your package.

Many thanks. I will definitely try that but to be honest, I am not an experienced Linux / terminal user. Could you please give a little bit more clarity on how to do that?

So, before asking too quickly (I hate that ) I assume I must do the following:

- Download the ISO -> daphile-19.01-x86_64 (done)
- Right click the ISO -> open with Archive mounter (done)
- unsquash the file with root partition -> this is where I get stuck, could you please give me some more detail about how to do this? and which file? the .img in the ISO?

- Install the rubberband package -> the page I was referring describes rubberband package as a library, not sure how to install it.

- squashfs it again and write the ISO again and then I can install the package using the WebGUI?

Many thanks in advance.
Old 7th October 2019, 08:35 PM   #3612
roysintm is offline roysintm
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phofman View Post
Download the iso, mount, un-squashfs the file with root partition. If you can add the install the package, squashfs again, write the newly updated file back to the iso, then you can add your package.

Many thanks. I will definitely try that but to be honest, I am not an experienced Linux / terminal user. Could you please give a little bit more clarity on how to do that?

So, before asking too quickly (I hate that ) I assume I must do the following:

- Download the ISO -> daphile-19.01-x86_64 (done)
- Right click the ISO -> open with Archive mounter (done)
- unsquash the file with root partition -> this is where I get stuck, could you please give me some more detail about how to do this? and which file? the .img in the ISO?

- Install the rubberband package -> the page I was referring describes rubberband package as a library, not sure how to install it.

- squashfs it again and write the ISO again and then I can install the package using the WebGUI?

Many thanks in advance.
Old 8th October 2019, 11:52 AM   #3613
phofman is online now phofman  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Rubberband is a C/C++ library. You would have to integrate it into Daphile UI/backend first. Only daphile author can do it since the backend is a proprietary binary.
Old 16th October 2019, 10:25 PM   #3614
coacharnold is offline coacharnold  United States
diyAudio Member

Default HELP ... Network storage issue

HI Folks...

Is anyone having the issue where daphile reboots (either on purpose of a power outage) and ALL the network storage addresses get lost causeing a wipe of the LMS library?

I'm running Version 19.07 ... seems to not have anything to do with version number. THis issue has followed through the last 5 or 6 both on the beta and the stable release.

THanks

Tim
Old 21st October 2019, 01:13 AM   #3615
Rudy81 is offline Rudy81  United States
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up Great system

Wow! I stumbled on Daphile after looking into Euphony and SnakeOil. I liked SnakeOil, but had some problems I could not overcome. Euphony worked, but I am not interested in paying that kind of money for just software.

I found Daphile and intalled it after struggling with other offerings.

Daphile installed flawlessly in my HTPC previously running Windows 10 and JRiver. Within a few minutes I had installed Daphile in my hard drive and was sending SPDIF output to my pre/pro. So far, great sound and the system works like I want for a music server.

I have not been able to get HDMI to work, but sound over Toslink is perfect. Looking forward to working with the system.

I wish I had found this years ago.
Old 21st October 2019, 07:22 AM   #3616
Tromperie is offline Tromperie  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I wish I had found this years ago.
I have recommended Daphile so many times I lost count long ago.It is easy to do everything. Before I installed LMS (on which Daphile is based) on FreeNAS, I used Daphile soon after its release. I use Squeezer as the remote control.
Old 21st October 2019, 04:12 PM   #3617
diyAudio Member

Just now getting into the platform. Do you have any recommendations for a site explaining all the settings in the player? Trying to get going as soon as possible.

Currently going through search engine results....one at a time....slow process.
Old 21st October 2019, 10:24 PM   #3618
diyAudio Member

Angry Internal Drive Access Denied

Hmmm. First major stumbling block. I have an internal drive that contains all the music. LMS added the drive just fine and sees the music. However, the drive, all files and folders within that internal drive are locked. I cannot add or modify anything in that drive either through LMS or via the network share.

Any help would be appreciated.

Drive is in the ntfs file system.
Old 21st October 2019, 11:48 PM   #3619
Tromperie is offline Tromperie  Australia
diyAudio Member

In the Storage menu, check the box RW so that is READ and WRITE.
Old 22nd October 2019, 12:12 AM   #3620
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tromperie View Post
In the Storage menu, check the box RW so that is READ and WRITE.

I wish that would work! It was the first thing I tried. I have done the following:
-Reinstalled the system
-Unchecked RW on both the boot drive and the other internal drive. The other drive (the problem child) is in ntfs.
-Re-booted many times with and without RW checked.

No luck on getting the ntfs internal SSD drive to unlock. It works fine with windows, but Daphile cannot unlock it. The drive with Daphile on it locks and unlocks as expected with no problems.

Grrrrr.

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OSHide this!Advertise here!