Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th September 2019, 02:18 PM   #3601
jigarpatel is offline jigarpatel
diyAudio Member

Hello everyone,

I have been using daphile on Intel NUC, very happy with it.

I need your help in configuring browsing through Album.

for example Album -> select ("Guru") album -> shows ("All album by artist" ) -> again I have to select album "Guru" -> it shows all songs in "Guru" album.

What I want is simple
Album -> select ("Guru") album -> it shows all songs in "Guru" album.

Thanks.
Old 18th September 2019, 08:49 AM   #3602
tthorsten is offline tthorsten  Germany
diyAudio Member

is it possible to have

ogg

opus

wav

mp3

mp3hd

as option in Daphile - in the Ripping Menü

and also the possibility to rip Konzert DVDs the audio only ?

thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 09:06 PM   #3603
pistollero is offline pistollero  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Hello i m need some help..
I m running daphile from a usb stick on a lenovo ideapad .
It boots from usb.. but when enters instalation screen i have no keyboard..
I cannot configure wireless..
Press f1 and nothing happens..
Old 18th September 2019, 10:04 PM   #3604
vdi_nenna is offline vdi_nenna  United States
diyAudio Member

Is it possible you need to select a function key to activate the function keys, like FN near the Control and Shift keys?
Old 18th September 2019, 10:36 PM   #3605
pistollero is offline pistollero  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi_nenna View Post
Is it possible you need to select a function key to activate the function keys, like FN near the Control and Shift keys?
Thks
. I got it working
Old 19th September 2019, 06:46 AM   #3606
jjasniew is offline jjasniew  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks for such a wonderful audio storage, playback and radio system! Mine is running off a USB stick - so far, the only OS I've encountered that can install itself over the .iso on the same stick! And the make a new installation on another drive button (Imagine if Microsoft did that) I used it to get a second system up and running identically in about 10 minutes.

I've a couple of questions -

- The system rescans everything on every boot. Can this be turned off?

- The path to music files entry only works if I leave it blank. If I type in something like "Users\Joe Jasniewski\Music" to help it out, it sees nothing. Blank, it scans the whole "C:" drive. What's the right way to put a Windows files system path in this control? (I wish I could've simply browsed for the path...)

- They key to making it usable (for me) was the inclusion of the Brute FIR with the graphic EQ that allowed me to shelf my rising response speakers. I only have Brute turned on for one audio output device, but on reboot I have to re-select it as the output device I want to use, in order to adjust Brute. It automatically plays through the last used device which is great - even though that device isnt what's shown as selected - after reboot. How do you make a particular output device selection stick through reboots?

- I was looking at the power management part and it looks like you can turn off every chip in the host computer. I'd certainly like to turn off the graphics card when running Daphile, so I checked the one box by the AMD graphics card it found. Did this actually do anything after saving changes?

- Is there a "Equalizer APO" equivalent for Linux, that can run with/under Daphile? I'd like to run more plug-ins than are available for Logitech. There's a VST plug-in multiband compressor I'm able to trick into expansion and I think something like this may be indispensable (given further listening), which kicks me back to the Windows based LMS system - and burning the graphic card for as long as I listen.

Thanks!

Last edited by jjasniew; 19th September 2019 at 06:51 AM.
Old 2nd October 2019, 11:00 AM   #3607
roysintm is offline roysintm
diyAudio Member

Default Daphile 19.01 3rd party plugins - Ladspa host

Hi,

I just installed Daphile and it works great with my Cambridge Dacmagic Plus. However I have 2 question:

1. My DAC supports up to 192khz yet if I leave the standard settings in Daphile, it won't "recognize" the frequency correclty of the files being played. For example, a standard 16 bit mp3 file (44.1khz) will play as 48khz (as seen on my DAC) and a 24 bit FLAC - 192khz file will play as a 88.2khz file (???) What is going wrong here? By default, I have the following settings:

Audio processing: only if native rate is not supported
max sample rate: HW limit: 192.000hz

If I change the former to: resample PCM to max rate, ALL files (incl. mp3) will send out 192khz signal to my DAC, not sure if this is the way to go?

Second question, and probably one that will let me decide to look at other HD audio-distro's is the following:

- I always used audacious on my former distro and I was able to load a LADSPA host as a plugin, and then use rubberband pitch shifting plugin on top of that but with Daphile I cannot add this at all? Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I like Daphile but it lacks full control of the owner, like even a terminal isn't there? I always used AP-linux but unfortunately V4 is broken and I cannot update the system and cannot install any packages...
Old 4th October 2019, 02:53 PM   #3608
diyAudio Member

Rubberband has an official Gentoo package

media-libs/rubberband – Gentoo Packages

So it IS possible to install then? But how?
Old 7th October 2019, 09:49 AM   #3609
diyAudio Member

No one able to give me an answer? Is this project dead?
Old 7th October 2019, 11:19 AM   #3610
phofman is offline phofman  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Download the iso, mount, un-squashfs the file with root partition. If you can add the install the package, squashfs again, write the newly updated file back to the iso, then you can add your package.

Last edited by phofman; 7th October 2019 at 11:22 AM.

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OSHide this!Advertise here!