Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th August 2019, 07:12 AM   #3591
doorofnight is offline doorofnight  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Hi Guys,

I've succesfully installed Daphile several times over the years now on different hardware platforms, including a NUC.. And It worked fine.

Some days ago I pressed "suspend" and Daphile was gone. So now I am trying to install Daphile again on a NUC.. And somehow I cannot get past "Running Daphile from the read-only mode".

I have installed the ISO file on a correct USB with usbwriter. (I tried several different ones)

In BIOS when I select boot from UEFI USB boot -> read only mode

In BIOS when I select boot from Legacy USB boot -> read only mode

I've tried many times by now. Once I selected Legacy USB boot and happy days, it was not in the Read Only Mode. After installing the firmware, It stated that I wasn't in UEFI mode.. So bad luck.

Should I check the status of my internal SSD? It's empty. The NUC cannot boot without the USB.

BTW: I very often get the annoying "Wifi hotspot only" after rebooting. I might have a router problem also.

I would appreciete some help
Old 17th August 2019, 07:24 AM   #3592
Triplefun is offline Triplefun  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorofnight View Post
Hi Guys,

I've succesfully installed Daphile several times over the years now on different hardware platforms, including a NUC.. And It worked fine.

Some days ago I pressed "suspend" and Daphile was gone. So now I am trying to install Daphile again on a NUC.. And somehow I cannot get past "Running Daphile from the read-only mode".

I have installed the ISO file on a correct USB with usbwriter. (I tried several different ones)

In BIOS when I select boot from UEFI USB boot -> read only mode

In BIOS when I select boot from Legacy USB boot -> read only mode

I've tried many times by now. Once I selected Legacy USB boot and happy days, it was not in the Read Only Mode. After installing the firmware, It stated that I wasn't in UEFI mode.. So bad luck.

Should I check the status of my internal SSD? It's empty. The NUC cannot boot without the USB.

BTW: I very often get the annoying "Wifi hotspot only" after rebooting. I might have a router problem also.

I would appreciete some help
I don't really understand your problem but have you tried creating the usb stick with Rufus. It works everytime for me with no issues
Old 17th August 2019, 08:13 AM   #3593
diyAudio Member

When I use Rufus, the same problem occurs. I boot in BIOS from the USB disk. F1, network, format SSD, NUC restarts and it gives an invalid IP: "192.168.128.1 Wifi Hotspot Only".

When I use an USB made with USBWriter: I boot in BIOS from the USB disk. F1, network, format SSD, NUC restarts and gives a valid IP. When I enter the IP: Dahile is in "read only modus". It's possible to install firmare. I use: MSDOS, UEFI and BIOS. When I deselect UEFI, the NUC reboots with loads of commandlines and then stops.. Doing nothing.

After reboot (and install firmware in read only modus) Daphile gives back theinvalid IP with the message "WIFI hotspot only". It seems that I cannot install Daphile anymore.. And I have done this several times on this NUC.
Old 17th August 2019, 08:35 AM   #3594
Indiglo is offline Indiglo  Australia
diyAudio Member

If you're having trouble writing the iso image to the usb stick try using Etcher.
Some of the image writers can be hit and miss and dependent of what Linux OS is supported.

Last edited by Indiglo; 17th August 2019 at 08:39 AM.
Old 17th August 2019, 09:44 AM   #3595
diyAudio Member

Thx for your help. I have installed Daphile several times in the past years. I do not know why it didn't go smoothly this time and I think my NUC is somehow magic. I just kept repeating the same procedure but it's annoying to do so untill it works (after 20 times orso).

Still, Daphile rocks (once it's working again).
Old 17th August 2019, 10:16 AM   #3596
sangram is offline sangram  India
diyAudio Member

On Bean Canyon NUCs older versions of DAaphile will not work correctly. You need 19.01 or later. Earlier versions do not install correctly on newer secure boot BIOSes.

Even with newer kernels getting Bean Canyon to work is a painful process because everything is pretty much new. Also it was designed primarily for Windows, so Linux and related guys got the short straw.
Old 17th August 2019, 01:55 PM   #3597
el156se is offline el156se  Romania
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Thx for your help. I have installed Daphile several times in the past years. I do not know why it didn't go smoothly this time and I think my NUC is somehow magic. I just kept repeating the same procedure but it's annoying to do so untill it works (after 20 times orso).

Still, Daphile rocks (once it's working again).
192.168.128.1 is the auto generated IP. If you have a keyboard and an a display, try to put by hand
It worked for me one time ( a guy knowing lynux installed mine, using only cable LAN
connexion, wifi disabled).
Old 30th August 2019, 07:23 AM   #3598
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the help.

@sangram: Do you mean with 19.01 YY.MM?

@el156se

I'll try that when I have to install Daphile again and it won't work as it should.
Old 30th August 2019, 12:28 PM   #3599
sangram is offline sangram  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Thanks for the help.
@sangram: Do you mean with 19.01 YY.MM?
Yes,

That's how Daphile versions are named.
Old 5th September 2019, 09:51 AM   #3600
hifiks is offline hifiks
diyAudio Member

hello everybody,
i have some problems with my daphile-PC and my Gustard U16 (ES8620 USB-solution) ... The Sound is very nasty.
Have somebody a solution for this problem?
Thanks

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OSHide this!Advertise here!