Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2019, 02:33 PM   #3571
boardtc is offline boardtc
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHAVS View Post
As always there is no definite answer, but "it depends". Although Daphile is a readonly O.S. (so usually you would run it as a one-off solution) I run it in a VirtualBox on a Debian-hosted system. The system I'm using not very powerful (a J1900 processor with 4GB memory and 128GB SSD), but for daily usage it's doing its job. The configuration is as follows:

- Debian Stretch with VirtualBox and Pi-hole (DNS and DHCP server), using Webmin as administration tool.
- one Daphile Virtual Machine as Audio server 1
- one Daphile Virtual Machine as Audio server 2
- one custom AntiX Virtual Machine

I'm not sure what kind of backup solution you think to use and what type of systems you want to backup, but you can search a Linux package that can do the backups you would like to make. Also, with Samba and some scripting you can build this yourself (but that requires quite some knowledge of linux)

Thanks. My takeaway so is that since you can;t write to a Daphile install you need a bnch of VMs. It's looking like Vortexbox will be a better solution for me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2019, 01:22 PM   #3572
MSHAVS is offline MSHAVS  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Amsterdam
Default Daphile version 19.06 available (Beta and Stable)

I saw that Kipeta released a new version with the following updates:

2019-06-30 beta version 19.06-b301132 (x86_64, x86_64-rt & i486) changes:
- LMS update to Jun 26th, 2019 Git version (fb05c6a)
- Kernel update to 4.19.56 and 4.19.56-rt22
- Playback option to use live de-emphasis filter for tracks having
PRE-EMPHASIS metadata tag set
- CD ripping option to tag PRE-EMPHASIS metadata for identified tracks
- Experimental support for Google Music plugin removed (no test feedback)
- Option to disable optional CPU exploit mitigations (maximize performance;
requires GRUB2 boot loader).
- Daphile compiled with GCC 8.3
- Major component updates:
- Perl from 5.26 to 5.28 series
- Python from 2.7 to 3.6 series
- Samba from 4.8 to 4.10 series
- Glibc from 2.27 to 2.29
- Some bug fixes and minor modifications

Update can be done via the Daphile Browser page:

Settings -> System Firmware; press "Download and Install"; press "Save & Restart"
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2019, 01:51 PM   #3573
thyristor44 is offline thyristor44
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Can anyone tell me where the favorites are stored in the Daphile file system as I would like to copy them from one Daphile setup to another and any station logos too.
Thanks
thyristor44
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2019, 03:33 PM   #3574
thyristor44 is offline thyristor44
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by thyristor44 View Post
Can anyone tell me where the favorites are stored in the Daphile file system as I would like to copy them from one Daphile setup to another and any station logos too.
Thanks
thyristor44
I have found it by running Puppy, so no need.
I did manage to copy from one Daphile to another and the station logos cams too.
Thanks anyway.
thyristor44
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2019, 01:30 AM   #3575
ttan98 is offline ttan98  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Melb
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHAVS View Post
I saw that Kipeta released a new version with the following updates:

2019-06-30 beta version 19.06-b301132 (x86_64, x86_64-rt & i486) changes:
- LMS update to Jun 26th, 2019 Git version (fb05c6a)
- Kernel update to 4.19.56 and 4.19.56-rt22
- Playback option to use live de-emphasis filter for tracks having
PRE-EMPHASIS metadata tag set
- CD ripping option to tag PRE-EMPHASIS metadata for identified tracks
- Experimental support for Google Music plugin removed (no test feedback)
- Option to disable optional CPU exploit mitigations (maximize performance;
requires GRUB2 boot loader).
- Daphile compiled with GCC 8.3
- Major component updates:
- Perl from 5.26 to 5.28 series
- Python from 2.7 to 3.6 series
- Samba from 4.8 to 4.10 series
- Glibc from 2.27 to 2.29
- Some bug fixes and minor modifications

Update can be done via the Daphile Browser page:

Settings -> System Firmware; press "Download and Install"; press "Save & Restart"
Thks for the advice, has anyone updated this latest firmware and please report back any good and/or bad feedback on this firmware?
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2019, 10:53 AM   #3576
MSHAVS is offline MSHAVS  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Amsterdam
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttan98 View Post
Thks for the advice, has anyone updated this latest firmware and please report back any good and/or bad feedback on this firmware?
I've updated my Virtual Machines and everything is working well. I can't tell you if this is also true for Bare-metal installations. My Daphile installs are only working as servers and not a players (I use piCoreplayer as player on a Raspberry-pi)
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2019, 11:09 AM   #3577
ttan98 is offline ttan98  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Melb
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHAVS View Post
I've updated my Virtual Machines and everything is working well. I can't tell you if this is also true for Bare-metal installations. My Daphile installs are only working as servers and not a players (I use piCoreplayer as player on a Raspberry-pi)
I notice that v19.06 is only available as an upgrade rather than as a std. download ISO which is still 19.01. Why?
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2019, 11:31 AM   #3578
linh0983 is offline linh0983  Viet Nam
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttan98 View Post
I notice that v19.06 is only available as an upgrade rather than as a std. download ISO which is still 19.01. Why?

Hi !

Index of /firmware/beta
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2019, 02:02 AM   #3579
Tromperie is offline Tromperie  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Melbourne
Quote:
I notice that v19.06 is only available as an upgrade rather than as a std. download ISO which is still 19.01. Why?
Kimmo only provides ISOs for stable releases, not betas, which is what the post above is meant to convey.
__________________
Source: LMS 7.9.2 on FreeNAS, PiCorePlayer * Storage: FreeNAS 11 * DIY PGA2310 * Amps: 8 x LM3886TF
Xover: 24dB @ 300 and 3kHz * Speakers: CNC cut 54 laminations * SB 10", SB 5", VIFA 1" * Remote: Squeeze Control
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 09:14 AM   #3580
Triplefun is offline Triplefun  New Zealand
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tromperie View Post
Kimmo only provides ISOs for stable releases, not betas, which is what the post above is meant to convey.
You can download the beta iso from Index of /firmware/beta
__________________
I listen, therefore I am !
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OSHide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Music Server ppastudio PC Based 7 3rd March 2012 10:42 PM
Music Server croccodillo PC Based 10 5th April 2011 12:56 PM
Music Server and PC based XO & EQ otto88 Multi-Way 10 19th May 2010 01:41 PM
Music Server JC951t Digital Source 6 6th August 2008 06:47 AM
SoCal Audiophile & Music Expo Nov 19-20th Apex Jr Everything Else 3 21st November 2005 01:12 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:46 PM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 14.29%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2019 diyAudio
Wiki