Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st May 2019, 01:14 AM   #3501
ttan98 is offline ttan98  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHAVS View Post
For future use: please follow this thread: [Announce] Spotty 2.8.x - Spotify Connect for your Squeezebox
Michel Herger is the developer of Spotty
Thanks, does the updates of the Spotify App only comes when I update the Daphile's firmware or Spotify app updates automatically from using Daphile?
Old 21st May 2019, 08:19 AM   #3502
Tromperie is offline Tromperie  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Thanks, does the updates of the Spotify App only comes when I update the Daphile's firmware or Spotify app updates automatically from using Daphile?
There is a difference between Spotify and Spotty; the first is the app on devices while the latter is the plug-in for LMS/Daphile which acts as a bridge to Spotify. Spotty will update when the plug-in is updated by the developer and, if you have enabled automatic updates of plug-ins, it will update without without any actin by you, apart from restarting Daphile afterwards.
Old 22nd May 2019, 11:54 PM   #3503
diyAudio Member

What when wrong?
1st time
I was able to enable Spotify and YouTube apps on the Daphile and get the Icons to appear on the My Apps subsection.
Using the Apps
After using them for a while I got problems with using the Daphile s/w and have to reset the player preferences.
2nd time
I was able to get back Daphile working again and enable both Spotify and Youtube apps and able to get the music tracks to appear by using through the playlist I registered earlier but the both ICONS are missing from my MY Apps subsectioin, why? any suggestion please?
Old 23rd May 2019, 12:25 AM   #3504
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tromperie View Post
There is a difference between Spotify and Spotty; the first is the app on devices while the latter is the plug-in for LMS/Daphile which acts as a bridge to Spotify. Spotty will update when the plug-in is updated by the developer and, if you have enabled automatic updates of plug-ins, it will update without without any actin by you, apart from restarting Daphile afterwards.
Thanks that helps.
Old 23rd May 2019, 09:25 AM   #3505
merlin el mago is offline merlin el mago  Europe
diyAudio Member

Fresh news from Domenico (Amanero) new release firmware_2006be9 + CPLD_1081 DSD512
Old 24th May 2019, 01:03 PM   #3506
diyAudio Member

I use Intel I7-8550U 8GB RAM 512GB SSD 1.8GHz and have short cutoffs when upsampling to DSD512 and also with native, can be I don't have enough power? Daphile is configured to upsample all to DSD512, when lowered the upsample all to DSD256 can play native DSD512 with any issue.

Other people used the new version reporting good results: Amanero card now supporting DSD native Amanero card now supporting DSD native * Issue #12 * lintweaker/xmos-native-dsd * GitHub
Old 24th May 2019, 04:21 PM   #3507
diyAudio Member

I have no blast of static or anything crazy tought, just dropouts and sometimes needs a lot of time to start the song. Attached Daphile settings.
Attached Images
File Type: png Daphile setting 24-02-2019.png (597.2 KB, 254 views)
File Type: png Daphile setting power 24-02-2019.png (889.8 KB, 250 views)
Old 25th May 2019, 08:18 PM   #3508
paul_peraic is offline paul_peraic  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipeta View Post
Thanks for your feedback and good idea. Actually I had thought about something like but never bothered to implement it. I'll try to have some kind of solution in future.

BTW. Many Media Server crashes happen when one tries to use unetbootin installed "Live" Daphile USB with large music library. In this case the space runs out from the DaphileData storage and that causes the crash (and vicious loop). "Live" Daphile reserves only 128MB by default for the internal databases (can be increased with unetbootin "Space used to preserve..." option).
Has this issue been resolved as it seems I have a similar problem as I have trouble accessing the advanced media server webpage and the media server continually crashes and will not re-scan .

I have a 4TB hard drive that is 75% full and since installing DSF files it has crashed continually and it absolutely hates storing DSF in the RAM drive and it is a definite crash after doing this .
Old 26th May 2019, 04:49 PM   #3509
paul_peraic is offline paul_peraic  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_peraic View Post
Has this issue been resolved as it seems I have a similar problem as I have trouble accessing the advanced media server webpage and the media server continually crashes and will not re-scan .

I have a 4TB hard drive that is 75% full and since installing DSF files it has crashed continually and it absolutely hates storing DSF in the RAM drive and it is a definite crash after doing this .
Fantastic Player by the way especially when used with 2 PCs .
Old 26th May 2019, 05:07 PM   #3510
thyristor44 is offline thyristor44
diyAudio Member

Is there any way I can alter the video mode that the kms driver selects in the internal user interface. I ask as when using the internal user interface text is very small and difficult to read and the kms driver is supposed to be able to vary resolution.
Thanks
thyristor44

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OSHide this!Advertise here!