Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th May 2019, 10:30 AM   #3491
phofman is online now phofman  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

"with firmware 2.21.126 or lower"

vs. WDMyCloud < 2.30.165 - Multiple Vulnerabilities

IMO this whole device is worth extracting the drive inside and building a simple NAS with FreeNAS or linux.
Old 17th May 2019, 10:35 AM   #3492
Triplefun is offline Triplefun  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phofman View Post

IMO this whole device is worth extracting the drive inside and building a simple NAS with FreeNAS or linux.
Agreed. I believe the internal drive of the 8tb device is actually a wed red helium drive. You need to be wary of the sata power connector to get it to work. Best to use a molex to sata power adapter.
Old 17th May 2019, 04:40 PM   #3493
Mr Trev is offline Mr Trev
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phofman View Post

I've been using a 1st. Gen model for a few years now and it's been mostly decent. It's running the 4.xx firmware so those vulnerabilites are a non-issue. My biggest complaint is it doesn't have NFS OOTB. Apparently NFS can be added through some SSH work, but that's outside my skillset. Setting up for SMB was easy enough in Daphile, but the transfer speeds seem to be lacking compared to Windows. I haven't tried FTP or SSH connections to see if its any quicker.
Old 19th May 2019, 02:11 PM   #3494
SRMcGee is offline SRMcGee  United States
diyAudio Member

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server &amp; Player OS
Folks:

I am poised to add a second SSD to my server. Are there any rules regarding naming conventions for a second local drive? In other words, should it have the same “Identification” name as the first drive, or is there anything else that I need to do to enable both SSDs to work properly together?

Regards,
Scott
Old 19th May 2019, 04:05 PM   #3495
vdi_nenna is offline vdi_nenna  United States
diyAudio Member

Need to give second storage device a distinct name. 1st and 2nd drive will not be seen as one drive unless they are spanned at OS level.
However I think daphile will see it as one library.

Last edited by vdi_nenna; 19th May 2019 at 04:09 PM.
Old 19th May 2019, 04:21 PM   #3496
SRMcGee is offline SRMcGee  United States
diyAudio Member

Vince:

Thanks, as always. Having made as many mistakes as I have in the past, I'm trying to now operate with an over-abundance of caution.

It's upgrade time!

Regards,
Scott
Old 19th May 2019, 11:12 PM   #3497
Tromperie is offline Tromperie  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I am poised to add a second SSD to my server. Are there any rules regarding naming conventions for a second local drive? In other words, should it have the same “Identification” name as the first drive, or is there anything else that I need to do to enable both SSDs to work properly together?
I couldn't find anything, but I would partition the whole drive as EXT4 as file ID as sdb2, install it in the box and see how it goes.
Old 20th May 2019, 06:09 AM   #3498
ttan98 is offline ttan98  Australia
diyAudio Member

H,
I am registered to Spotify, 1st time I registered on the Spotify from Daphile it worked quite well, I was able to do music track search and displaced the tracks or albums, no problems there.
After logging off and sign on again I could NOT do any searching. Nothing displayed from the searching function, or what's new. However, I can still play(intermittently stops sometimes) from my playlist that has tracks from Spotify, what's wrong?
Even a restart does not help. Cannot do any searching or displace anything from Spotify.

Last edited by ttan98; 20th May 2019 at 06:10 AM. Reason: add in more info.
Old 20th May 2019, 06:47 AM   #3499
ttan98 is offline ttan98  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttan98 View Post
H,
I am registered to Spotify, 1st time I registered on the Spotify from Daphile it worked quite well, I was able to do music track search and displaced the tracks or albums, no problems there.
After logging off and sign on again I could NOT do any searching. Nothing displayed from the searching function, or what's new. However, I can still play(intermittently stops sometimes) from my playlist that has tracks from Spotify, what's wrong?
Even a restart does not help. Cannot do any searching or displace anything from Spotify.
It works now..no respond is reqd.
Old 20th May 2019, 12:34 PM   #3500
MSHAVS is offline MSHAVS  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default Spotty 2.8.x (Spotify Connect for LMS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttan98 View Post
It works now..no respond is reqd.
For future use: please follow this thread: [Announce] Spotty 2.8.x - Spotify Connect for your Squeezebox
Michel Herger is the developer of Spotty

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server &amp; Player OSHide this!Advertise here!