Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th May 2019, 04:17 PM   #3481
anadigi is offline anadigi  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrider77 View Post
Well. I can install it in LMS but cannot be used as LMS server settings page is also heavily modified so I cannot select the material skin.
I have use the material skin on Daphile since the first release! It should work!
Old 9th May 2019, 04:46 PM   #3482
hellrider77 is offline hellrider77  Romania
diyAudio Member

It actually works. I just had to access the default LMS skin at daphileip:9000 and get to LMS server settings from there. Select material skin. I have to access daphile via 9000 port. Added the web app to homescreen. That's it. Much sleeker than daphile webui.
Old 14th May 2019, 02:17 AM   #3483
Nickolay V is offline Nickolay V  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Hi !
Can anybody tell me how to install Roon Bridge on DAPHILE ?
Old 14th May 2019, 11:29 AM   #3484
Tromperie is offline Tromperie  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Much sleeker than daphile webui.
Maybe so, but doesn't have the same functionality.
Old 15th May 2019, 01:17 AM   #3485
DRONE7 is offline DRONE7  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tromperie View Post
Maybe so, but doesn't have the same functionality.
Agreed... and that's possibly because it is aimed at mobile device use cases rather than administering LMS from a conventional PC desktop.
Horses for courses.
Old 15th May 2019, 09:15 AM   #3486
dmigo is offline dmigo  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Hi, I am a newbie to music streaming and networking scene.
After some hard works to setup a Daphile system, I used a cell phone as the remote to play music from a local usb drive last night. I was so excited and satisfied with the sound quality.
However, I run into a problem to catch my music files which are stored on WD My Cloud Home. WD My Cloud Home is a kind of personal cloud, not a NAS. I tried so hard to let Daphile to read form it, but it couldn’t.
I just wonder if it is possible to mount it as a network drive? And how to set the parameters?
Also I am thinking of another solution. Use LMS as the server on cell phone and the Daphile as a player. But, there seems no android version of LMS? Anyone can help me with? Thanks in advance.
Old 15th May 2019, 09:42 AM   #3487
phofman is offline phofman  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Well, WD My Cloud Home is a proprietary solution which does not use/offer data through standard network filesystem protocols. If offers the Public section via smb How to mount My cloud hone on Linux - NAS & Devices - Plex Forum , but that is not where most user data are. Unless WD writes some linux way to access the data (which it will not), a linux device cannot access it.

My recommendation is stop using this closed solution for your data and get a standard NAS instead if you like your data and want to use systems which WD has not bothered to let access to its proprietary "solution".

LMS on android would mean rewriting the whole multiplatform (perl) LMS code to the android dalvik (Java). IMO the way would be running LMS on windows which I would expect offers the WD MCH files somehow in form of virtual filesystem (directories, files) for other apps to use.

Again, do not get your data voluntarily (they even charged you ) locked-up into these short-lived proprietary closed technologies.
Old 15th May 2019, 10:07 AM   #3488
hellrider77 is offline hellrider77  Romania
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE7 View Post
Agreed... and that's possibly because it is aimed at mobile device use cases rather than administering LMS from a conventional PC desktop.
Horses for courses.
Correct. Material Skin is perfect used as a remote. Much better than squeezer or daphile webui when used on a small cellphone screen. For daphile settings or advanced server settings, daphile webui is perfect and still use it. Several skins can be used in parallel so no wories. I do not control daphile via desktop so I don't know which solution is better. Used solely as remote, I would still bet on material skin.
Old 15th May 2019, 11:33 AM   #3489
sangram is offline sangram  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmigo View Post
WD My Cloud Home is a kind of personal cloud
This device requires internet access and cannot be mapped like a traditional network drive.

This means that read/write speeds are limited to that of the internet connection, not the LAN on which the device is connected.

Daphile cannot access this device on the network, nor can any of the other traditional LAN access methods.
Old 17th May 2019, 11:15 AM   #3490
Triplefun is offline Triplefun  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangram View Post
This device requires internet access and cannot be mapped like a traditional network drive.

This means that read/write speeds are limited to that of the internet connection, not the LAN on which the device is connected.

Daphile cannot access this device on the network, nor can any of the other traditional LAN access methods.

I haven't tried it but you can install a squeeze cwntre client on mycloud which should be accessible by daphile ?

How to install the SqueezeCenter App on a My Cloud with firmware 2.21.126 or lower

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OSHide this!Advertise here!