Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th May 2019, 09:35 AM   #3471
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phofman View Post
And it is a standard USB mass storage?
The ones I have come across look like standard USB mass storage devices, but you never know...
Old 7th May 2019, 09:52 AM   #3472
jazzter is offline jazzter  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tromperie View Post
Press the On button.

That means "Pressing the On button" on the NUC will execute a shutdown in Daphile? Is this what I find in the Daphile Settings-Menu for Power: "Power-Button: Shutdown"?

Is this one of the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) functions I found in the NUC Technical Product Specifications?
Old 7th May 2019, 05:03 PM   #3473
jetsilver is offline jetsilver  United States
diyAudio Member

The DAP acts like a standard USB drive in other systems on which I have tried it. When trying this drive on Daphile beta 19.01, booted from SSD, it will not even appear in a lsblk listing so manual mounting didn't work. The really odd thing is during first Daphile installation, if the drive is present it's available and under complete control. It shows up in the "Storage" panel of "Settings" correctly, and it will allow setting to rw. As soon as the system is rebooted off the SSD all that disappears.
Old 7th May 2019, 08:06 PM   #3474
phofman is offline phofman  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

That device has no partition table/partitions, perhaps that is the reason?
Old 8th May 2019, 02:18 PM   #3475
diyAudio Member

Default Some explanation, DAP (VFAT)

Now I understand a little better what's mountable and in what manner. This DAP has a micro-SD card. The host computer for Daphile is a Shuttle XS35 that has an integral SD card reader, so I tried mounting the SD card and voilá:

Code:
Daphile-RT ~ # mount
none on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/sda1 on /boot type ext4 (ro,noatime)
/dev/sda2 on /mnt/hdd type ext4 (rw,noatime)
/boot/fw1902281823/rootfs on /mnt/root-ro type squashfs (ro,noatime)
overlay on / type overlay (rw,relatime,lowerdir=/mnt/root-ro,upperdir=/mnt/hdd/
…
/dev/mmcblk0p1 on /media/music/MMC Drives/1EE1-3B51 type vfat (rw,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1000,fmask=0133,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,time_offset=-240,errors=remount-ro)
The first time I tried mounting the card rw, the switch on the SD card adapter was set to "read only" so it failed, which is good: the equipment respects that switch. The second time I had to check the "RW" box in Settings -> Storage and reboot, but the card mounted rw as shown above. I wrote a file to the card and then verified the DAP - a *very* fussy device - could read it.

So with this bit of a work-around I can now feed my DAP music directly from the Daphile host computer.

Thanks, all.
Old 8th May 2019, 09:11 PM   #3476
hellrider77 is offline hellrider77  Romania
diyAudio Member

Hello. Is it possible to use a different web ui for daphile? I was using material skin with picore player squeezebox and it was more convenient on phone
Old 8th May 2019, 10:12 PM   #3477
diyAudio Member

Squeezer (Android free app) definitely works for me on port 9090 of the host.
Old 9th May 2019, 12:06 AM   #3478
Mr Trev is offline Mr Trev
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Trev View Post
The channel mode was originally 2ch. I switched the 6ch just to see of it would make a difference, it didn't, and I thought I switched it back.
One thing I just noticed is the headphone jack is on:
Code:
numid=42,iface=CARD,name='Headphone Jack'
  ; type=BOOLEAN,access=r-------,values=1
  : values=on
Since the optical out is shared with the headphone jack would this possibly be overridng the digital out? How would I turn it off - just to check (I'm pretty sure the headphone was off in alsamixer - actually everything but master and the spdifs should be off IIRC)

Thanks for your help.
Playing around today with a USB install of Mint just to see what's going on in the Linux realm…
When I plug in the optical cable, the OS (Mint in this case) does see the connection as headphones. After some Googling, I found somebody mentioning Alsa-tools as a way to "re-map" the output jacks. Installed it and while it seemed to do what was advertised - basically I remapped the headphone jack as an optical, I just couldn't get the darn thing to light up (literally, under Win 7 the jack does glow red when active).

Basically, I'm out of my league now. Does anybody have any final suggestions I could try or should I just give up on optical altogether and maybe just return the DAC (I know the issue is with the laptop, but really the biggest motivation for buying the DAC in the first place was being able to use optical instead of USB)
Old 9th May 2019, 12:51 AM   #3479
Greg Erskine is offline Greg Erskine  Australia
piCorePlayer
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrider77 View Post
Hello. Is it possible to use a different web ui for daphile? I was using material skin with picore player squeezebox and it was more convenient on phone
The Material Skin is a LMS plugin, nothing to do with piCorePlayer. So any LMS installation should be able to use the Material Skin.
Old 9th May 2019, 04:53 AM   #3480
hellrider77 is offline hellrider77  Romania
diyAudio Member

Well. I can install it in LMS but cannot be used as LMS server settings page is also heavily modified so I cannot select the material skin.

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OSHide this!Advertise here!